To All Who Support Cannabis And Taking It Off Schedule I Category

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Good morning Farmers and friends. As some of you may know who follow the news forum I posted lat year about a Federal judge and a news story concerning the judges precedent setting case over the constitutionality of keeping cannabis on the Schedule I drug classification.

Closing arguments will be held in February of 2015. If you have ever felt that you wanted to do more to help with the ending of cannabis prohibition but just weren't sure what you could contribute or didn't have the funds or time to be an activist with Norml or MPP or whatever. Well now you have a chance to contribute to something that could very well be EPIC in our movement towards cannabis legalization.

It is common knowledge that once a legal precedent is set it typically sets in motion a chain reaction that could be of history making proportions. I urge each and every one of you to use the link I am providing and contact Patti Andrews [email protected] who is the Judicial Assistant for the Federal Judge Kimberly J. Mueller who will be ruling in this case.

Keep in mind there is strength in numbers and the more people this Judge hears from the better. Please be polite and civil in your contact and lets see what we each can do to change the mentality of cannabis being a dangerous drug. I hope and pray each and everyone of you that read this will do your part. We must stand strong and united to bring our movement out of the shadows...........

http://www.caed.uscourts.gov/caednew/index.cfm/judges/all-judges/5020/

Peace

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

MUST READ, don't "just like" this, act!!!!

Good morning Farmers and friends. As some of you may know who follow the news forum I posted lat year about a Federal judge and a news story concerning the judges precedent setting case over the constitutionality of keeping cannabis on the Schedule I drug classification.

Closing arguments will be held in February of 2015. If you have ever felt that you wanted to do more to help with the ending of cannabis prohibition but just weren't sure what you could contribute or didn't have the funds or time to be an activist with Norml or MPP or whatever. Well now you have a chance to contribute to something that could very well be EPIC in our movement towards cannabis legalization.

It is common knowledge that once a legal precedent is set it typically sets in motion a chain reaction that could be of history making proportions. I urge each and every one of you to use the link I am providing and contact Patti Andrews [email protected] who is the Judicial Assistant for the Federal Judge Kimberly J. Mueller who will be ruling in this case.

Keep in mind there is strength in numbers and the more people this Judge hears from the better. Please be polite and civil in your contact and lets see what we each can do to change the mentality of cannabis being a dangerous drug. I hope and pray each and everyone of you that read this will do your part. We must stand strong and united to bring our movement out of the shadows...........

http://www.caed.uscourts.gov/caednew/index.cfm/judges/all-judges/5020/

Peace
This type of shit right here is goin to yank fools like >>me<<<out of mannequinism ;^}

mannequinism

an epidemic where a citizen plays no key role in the economic or social contrasts of our world, such as closing oneself in a dark box, or having too much in hand hence having no time for volunteer work, or any participation in a community, in turn, this leads to the person literally turning into a mannequin; a subtle, crippled figure immune to the active world around it.

;^}
Great post, thanks for the nudge, I'll spread the word and get as many emails out asap, start tagging active political people or people I hope would be for they are articulate and educated caring people with a dog in the race @waayne @LittleDabbie @NaturalTherapy @Reaper @Prime C @caregiverken @Seamaiden @Bulldog11 @symbiote420 @motiv303 @Funk Monk @FlyinJStable @geologic @KarmaKingz @diamond2.0 @justblazen @QleanerQuest @JAWS @trippinballz @squiggly
@nMEEKS @lino @colostoney @markscastle @chickenman @kolah @inthegorge @WalterWhiteFire @true grit @Texas Kid @homebrew420 @oscar169 @MakinGoo @EveryOneSmokes
@SonOfDaMourning @ShroomKing

i apologize in advance to anyone tagged who doesn't know why I tagged them just trying to start some momentum with this peace and activist grease

I can't think of anyone else right off the top of my head but it's a start. My wife and I will send an email today or tomorrow.

@jumpincactus when's the deadline or goal for this message "I urge each and every one of you to use the link I am providing and contact Patti [email protected]

Please be polite and civil in your contact and lets see what we each can do to change the mentality of cannabis being a dangerous drug. I hope and pray each and everyone of you that read this will do your part. We must stand strong and united to bring our movement out of the shadows...........

^^^^^^^^^^great idea ^^^^^^^^^

Last edited:
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Excellent post. It's crucial that we do everything we can to legitimize this wonderful plant! sent my e-mail in
We have great testimonials already written up here at the farm it would be massive if we could find them tag them and try to get them to email this Patti [email protected] person so much thcfarmer can do ofcourse if we act fast

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

@fractal does this ruling change or effect the bullshit happening in Washington.....just thinking out loud

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
MUST READ, don't "just like" this, act!!!!

This type of shit right here is goin to yank fools like >>me<<<out of mannequinism ;^}

mannequinism

an epidemic where a citizen plays no key role in the economic or social contrasts of our world, such as closing oneself in a dark box, or having too much in hand hence having no time for volunteer work, or any participation in a community, in turn, this leads to the person literally turning into a mannequin; a subtle, crippled figure immune to the active world around it.

;^}
Great post, thanks for the nudge, I'll spread the word and get as many emails out asap, start tagging active political people or people I hope would be for they are articulate and educated caring people with a dog in the race @waayne @LittleDabbie @NaturalTherapy @Reaper @Prime C @caregiverken @Seamaiden @Bulldog11 @symbiote420 @motiv303 @Funk Monk @FlyinJStable @geologic @KarmaKingz @diamond2.0 @justblazen @QleanerQuest @JAWS @trippinballz @squiggly
@nMEEKS @lino @colostoney @markscastle @chickenman @kolah @inthegorge @WalterWhiteFire @true grit @Texas Kid @homebrew420 @oscar169 @MakinGoo @EveryOneSmokes
@SonOfDaMourning @ShroomKing

i apologize in advance to anyone tagged who doesn't know why I tagged them just trying to start some momentum with this peace and activist grease

I can't think of anyone else right off the top of my head but it's a start. My wife and I will send an email today or tomorrow.

@jumpincactus when's the deadline or goal for this message "I urge each and every one of you to use the link I am providing and contact Patti [email protected]

Please be polite and civil in your contact and lets see what we each can do to change the mentality of cannabis being a dangerous drug. I hope and pray each and everyone of you that read this will do your part. We must stand strong and united to bring our movement out of the shadows...........

^^^^^^^^^^great idea ^^^^^^^^^
@caveman4.20 All I know is the judge rules sometime in February 2015. I would use Feb 1st as the drop dead date for emails. Great touch bro on the mannequinism part of your post. I think I have even been guilty of this at times in my life. It stems sometimes from the feelings that nothing we can do matters. But that is absolutely false. It just sometimes takes a friendly nudge. :D Thank you all for your support on this very important matter!!!! Nothing but love for all of my farmer friends!!!!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I was thinking a lot of folks are saying, well I am not sure what to write. I can understand that. Sometimes folks are supportive but don't know how to articulate it with written word.

Here is my idea, can someone here at this site that is well read and articulates well, maybe come up with a draft of what needs to be conveyed to the judge and post it in this thread that way anyone wanting to write can copy and paste it and then add a few lines of their own personal touch and closing signature.

What do you think ?and who here would be best suited for this task?

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I'm the biggest hypocrite you'll meet BUT also the most vocal in admitting my hypocrisy's AND working towards decisions opposing my hypocrisy's......
Feb 1 deadline it is

Peace

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

This is far from an exemplary but this is what I sent:

Hello, and thank you for reading. It has come to my attention that an upcoming ruling in the Federal courts poses to take cannabis off of the Schedule 1 drug classification. Let me start by saying I am an average young adult from California and I use cannabis. It has shown to me to have the highest efficacy for relieving my anxiety attacks which started after I went through the death of my younger brother, who was hit by a drunk driver (who was let off on probation because they could afford a better lawyer). I have also observed other positive benefits from this plant including appetite stimulation, anti-depressive effects, sleep-aid, pain relief and anti nausea effects, and euphoria. Friends who have also tried cannabis generally agree that they get similar benefits from eating or vaporizing. We would love to see the Federal Government acknowledge that there are far more benefits to our people and to science and human well-being that is suggested by
it's schedule 1 classification next to heroin, LSD, and Dimethyltryptamine. Recent patents made in the pharmaceutical industry on cannabanoid compounds and their precursors such as CBC, CBD, and CBG suggest that there are potentially legitimate medical applications for the plant. Another rule of schedule 1 states that the drug presents a lack of safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision, which is in direct opposition to doctors who actually do recommend cannabis treatment for specific patients perhaps seeking alternatives to risky and expensive pharmaceutical drugs which may or may not have adverse side effects- some being permanent. Cannabis has been widely used for thousands of years and although there may not be ample scientific data available on the subject it is generally agreed that this substance is safe and furthermore there are no documented marijuana fatalities- a quality that no other schedule 1 drug has
exhibited. In closing I would like to say that cannabis has been to me the best treatment for my ailments and for countless others seeking natural and safe alternatives to pharmaceutical compounds that in my opinion, typically do more harm than good. Thank you for very much for reading and I hope that together we can end this persecution of a plant with so many many healing qualities.

Sincerely,
XXXX

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
This is far from an exemplary but this is what I sent:

Hello, and thank you for reading. It has come to my attention that an upcoming ruling in the Federal courts poses to take cannabis off of the Schedule 1 drug classification. Let me start by saying I am an average young adult from California and I use cannabis. It has shown to me to have the highest efficacy for relieving my anxiety attacks which started after I went through the death of my younger brother, who was hit by a drunk driver (who was let off on probation because they could afford a better lawyer). I have also observed other positive benefits from this plant including appetite stimulation, anti-depressive effects, sleep-aid, pain relief and anti nausea effects, and euphoria. Friends who have also tried cannabis generally agree that they get similar benefits from eating or vaporizing. We would love to see the Federal Government acknowledge that there are far more benefits to our people and to science and human well-being that is suggested by
it's schedule 1 classification next to heroin, LSD, and Dimethyltryptamine. Recent patents made in the pharmaceutical industry on cannabanoid compounds and their precursors such as CBC, CBD, and CBG suggest that there are potentially legitimate medical applications for the plant. Another rule of schedule 1 states that the drug presents a lack of safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision, which is in direct opposition to doctors who actually do recommend cannabis treatment for specific patients perhaps seeking alternatives to risky and expensive pharmaceutical drugs which may or may not have adverse side effects- some being permanent. Cannabis has been widely used for thousands of years and although there may not be ample scientific data available on the subject it is generally agreed that this substance is safe and furthermore there are no documented marijuana fatalities- a quality that no other schedule 1 drug has
exhibited. In closing I would like to say that cannabis has been to me the best treatment for my ailments and for countless others seeking natural and safe alternatives to pharmaceutical compounds that in my opinion, typically do more harm than good. Thank you for very much for reading and I hope that together we can end this persecution of a plant with so many many healing qualities.

Sincerely,
XXXX

Nice!!!

Here is a little about schedule 1 classing and its relevance in this case.

Schedule I classification requires, by the way, a rational and scientific determination that a drug lacks any currently accepted medical value in the US; that it also has a high potential for abuse; and that there is no safe way to administer it, even under a doctor’s supervision. This rational determination is required to be made, according to the language of the Controlled Substances Act which established the schedules, both intrinsically and comparatively, meaning that each drug must be evaluated not only on its own merits but also in comparison to drugs in the same schedule as well as other schedules.

Thus the government’s expert witness, Dr. Bertha Madras, has the unenviable job of explaining (under cross-examination) why cannabis belongs in the same category as heroin, but that cocaine (Schedule II) and crystal meth (Schedule III) should be less restricted. (In 2012, DEA Administrator Michele Leonhart stumbled badly when trying to make a similar case before Congress.) And if Judge Kimberly Mueller finds that there is no rational basis for the continued scheduling of cannabis according to these metrics, she will strike down the classification as unconstitutional.

To be sure, such a move will certainly provoke an appeal; but the damage will have been done because the facts will have already been established. All later appeals courts will be bound by the same factual findings that cannabis doesn’t belong in Schedule I — because that’s where the light will be.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
A suggestion and something I included in my email, "I asked her Honor to keep in mind that although with very few double blind peer reviewed studies concerning the efficacy of cannabis for medical conditions, and with a lot of (anecdotal) evidence showing the benefits of cannabis that as long as it remained a Schedule 1 that the legitimate research of this plant would continue to remain in the shadows and that it would be doing millions of Americans a disservice to continue to keep prominent universities all across America from getting the funding and gathering/publishing the scientific evidence needed in moving forward with this medicine".

Feel free to use any of it that you want or not. Its your choice. You have a voice please make it heard!!!!

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Honestly i don't think emailing the Judge is going to do anything but annoy her staff who have to read the shit. She cant take anything thats said outside the courtroom into her final Judgment.. Oral arguments between both sides and all evidence presented to her in court is what she has to work with...

If theres a petition online, a form to sign locally, a politician to harass about the issues sure... But a federal court judge.. im not going to spam there email sorry....

Its just not going to do anything.. They have experts and shit ( both sides ) arguing the case, I put my faith in our side ( the challengers ) That they know what there doing/did.

Judge now has to consider all evidence submitted and make her ruling...

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Honestly i don't think emailing the Judge is going to do anything but annoy her staff who have to read the shit. She cant take anything thats said outside the courtroom into her final Judgment.. Oral arguments between both sides and all evidence presented to her in court is what she has to work with...

If theres a petition online, a form to sign locally, a politician to harass about the issues sure... But a federal court judge.. im not going to spam there email sorry....

Its just not going to do anything.. They have experts and shit ( both sides ) arguing the case, I put my faith in our side ( the challengers ) That they know what there doing/did.

Judge now has to consider all evidence submitted and make her ruling...
So your saying we're a day late and a dollar short

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
So your saying we're a day late and a dollar short

Im saying the system has rules and procedures to follow.

Theres another post by the OP detailing the 5 day oral arguments between both sides.. Its over now... Now we wait for the judge to make her choice based on all the evidence presented during the trial.

Anything we offer is hearsay.. Anecdotal evidence does not hold up very well in a court of a law..

Top Bottom