Uncle Romulus’ Perpetual Nightmare/uneven Canopy

• Thread starter UncleRomulus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

So... the two blueberry clones hermed.. I’ll post those pics later. Chopped em and tossed em in the snow..
Anyways only two plants left in flower so I switched tents and hung the worlds heaviest 400 watt light in the 5x5 and have the two flowering plants in the veg chamber under the LEDs. Going to throw the 150 w hps In there with a few LEDs later. Cleaned the shit out of both spaces before the swap

FFAEAB84 5FA2 470F BE35 CD6A1032E08A
B9379D6A AF02 46ED ABE9 AE7851FD4E68
F3EB7126 B74D 4C2D 926D 671A5896B6AE
UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Looking good.

Wow, that's really orange. I would have thought HPS was more white.
Hps is always like 2700k and lower. Honestly... it’s just my favourite.. getting more and more obsolete, horrible for veg and not very efficient.. but my favourite. I’m just a sentimental ol fool. It makes you feel so good when you are in a space. I’m going cmh and cob from now on, but will always keep one of these around. I will be buried with a little 150w to light my way to the other side lol
Lmao. :D

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Hps is always like 2700k and lower. Honestly... it’s just my favourite.. getting more and more obsolete, horrible for veg and not very efficient.. but my favourite. I’m just a sentimental ol fool. It makes you feel so good when you are in a space. I’m going cmh and cob from now on, but will always keep one of these around. I will be buried with a little 150w to light my way to the other side lol
Lmao. :D

I'm surprised. I was under the impression they were a good all around light just expensive to run. Hugh, now I know better. I say, keep mixing it up brother. I'm still partial to COBs and Quantum Boards are more efficient.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

I'm surprised. I was under the impression they were a good all around light just expensive to run. Hugh, now I know better. I say, keep mixing it up brother. I'm still partial to COBs and Quantum Boards are more efficient.
They are decent all round, but most would veg with blue metal halide back in the day. Not gonna lie tho having some hps light going is great if you like rock hard nugs you can chuck and break a window, but they could benefit from some more blue

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

I light a 5x5 with 1K hps. Old school. Dense nugs fo sho. Correct. No good for veg. You want that bright blue/white light. Close as possible to stack those nodes. I'm guilty of using burples in veg too. But flower, hps for the win. I will check out some cob or other led soon. Runs cooler for summer grows! And cheaper!

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

They are decent all round, but most would veg with blue metal halide back in the day. Not gonna lie tho having some hps light going is great if you like rock hard nugs you can chuck and break a window, but they could benefit from some more blue

Every time I say anything about HPS it sounds like I'm bashing it, hahaha. I'm really not doing that intentionally. I'd idn't mean that I think it's even less useful, just that I didn't know it was better for veg. I may not plan to ever use one but the things you've taught me about it might come into play someday. Never know. Hehe.

I like rock hard nuggs that's why I'd like to try out some CXB3590 2700k COBs if I can ever find them. Have only found 5000k for sale as an alternative even though I know they make the others.

I wonder if a tinted reflective surface will change the soectrum enough to matter. I know you can't turn a 2700k not a 5000k but I should be able to filter some red or blue out of a full spectrum 3500k. Just a thought I had.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I light a 5x5 with 1K hps. Old school. Dense nugs fo sho. Correct. No good for veg. You want that bright blue/white light. Close as possible to stack those nodes. I'm guilty of using burples in veg too. But flower, hps for the win. I will check out some cob or other led soon. Runs cooler for summer grows! And cheaper!

If you need any info on COBs you can PM me and I'll walk you through it. Can be confusing jumping right in with little or no info. I'm a great bargain shopper (without sacrificing quality) and can lead you to good deals even If you're already knowledgeable (If you want).

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

If you need any info on COBs you can PM me and I'll walk you through it. Can be confusing jumping right in with little or no info. I'm a great bargain shopper (without sacrificing quality) and can lead you to good deals even If you're already knowledgeable (If you want).
He s tellin no lies. You can get high quality cobs for veg that aren’t blurps. Not even expensive. I’m getting some soon as my ass ain’t so broke

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

As soon as I'm ready, would love the assistance. I'm pretty handy diy kind of guy. Love the idea of custom built veg box using COB or quantum board lighting. I'm dragging my feet, but still collecting materials and fussing with design. Soon. Haha.

Latest posts

Top Bottom