Uzi (oozy) Cookies F1 By Thegrowingrack

• Thread starter JWM2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

That would be sweet. How much would something like that cost to setup?

It would vary greatly depending on the lighting setup. I haven't gotten that far yet. it's still in conception. Until I know the 24v driver power requirements I can't compute the necessary batteries. If I can find 12v drivers it would be optimal because my solar system is currently running 12v to power my 5th wheel. The DC output voltage on the charge controller is directly = to the voltage of the battery bank. In a normal situation where the solar system is dedicated to the grow lights the battery bank should be 24v.

4x 35ah batteries $280 (the smaller 35ah batts would be a great fit, 2x 100ah batteries $360, are big and heavy) , 20a-60a mppt charge controller $60-$200, 4-6 100w panels $440-$660, all the odds and ends (power cables, breakers, fuses, mounting equipment, kill switches, volt/amp monitors, etc..) $300-$600.

I think I got everything there. My estimate, $1k-$2k (not including lighting). Just setting up the tent using my existing system, about $500-$700 (again, no lights included). I still need to calculate the cost if multiple modules are being powered from the same solar system.

Sh*t man, even if the module were being charged from an AC power source the rack would still be able to run during power outages or while a growing room is being reconfigured. You could even load the racks on a truck and take them to a new location without ever turning off their lights. That would be sick, hehe.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

4x 35ah batts would give about 7-8hrs of backup power to my 265w 3X100w CXB3590 (265w wall draw at 100%). They're running 8a altogether according to their specs but I don't know the current draw to a direct DC driver. My single CXB is fixed at 65w but I would upgrade it to the full 100-120w on a dimmable driver. Normally, I'd be running my gear at about 70% but your rack is much bigger than my tent so it might give me an opportunity to open them up full blast to 300w+.

*note* Sealed gel solar batteries should never be discharged to under 50%. When you calculate the necessary amp hours needed make sure you remember to compensate. My two 100ah batteries would provide 12.5hrs backup power to my 265w CXBs (100ah × 2 = 200ah × 50% = 100ah ÷ 8a = 12.5hrs)

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

You know, the prices I'm giving you are full retail. If this were a regular upgrade option then you would want to buy in bulk and use your business license to get wholesale prices. Get Chinese imports directly from big export ports like Shen Zhen for the best prices. I've done research into importing from China so I could give you a few pointers. Early on, while you're still small, you'd probably want to order through Alibaba or AliExpress to skip the import duty/fee/custody/shipping nightmare, and let them do it for you using their systems. Once you're experienced, and have more money to invest, you could set up your own shipping contacts and possibly save more money. Sometimes it costs more to import on your own because if you're not piggybacking a larger load or have you're own full container load you could be charged siseable port fees.

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Even if the direct DC doesnt work out we could install small AC inverters.

Here's a few options...

This is my inverter, 1500w, $267
51jYK37 QDL AC SY400  1
71UQ5f7WkrL AC SL1500  1

Here's an inexpensive 1100w with good reviews, $85
71wWgGPdxCL AC SL1500

600w, $104
51BBiZY2V3L AC SY400
81aA h3sUWL AC SL1500

Good quality 500w, $89
51e67vj1EEL AC SY400
71z2KleKT6L AC SL1500

Here's an option I didn't even think of. I believe this inverter has a built in charge controller (in fact, I think most have built in charge controllers). That means you can skip a charge controller and do a direct hookup to a set of panels then to a battery bank using the inverter. This one can be hooked up to 300w of panels and is only $45. The drawback is that the built in charge controller is a PWM so it's less efficient, only does 12v, not a pure sine inverter (not great for sensitive electronics), and the panels should be a matched set of equal output. But still, this is a great cheap option that would bring the cost for the solar generator module down to around $600-$850.
51s2w7U9jvL AC SY400
91ERfgTEP7L AC SL1500

As I was pricing things out for you I found even cheaper setups so this could be a real option for you to offer.

Last edited:
MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

I’ll be checking on trichs around 50 days so we can see if it’s the quantum boards. If it’s not then it’s probably your light hours or your far red light.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
329222A6 7108 453B 9C4D 2E12641D2748
6356C0B0 511D 49CB BF25 5F20AC717A7B

I just want to shout out to harvest more @Trimbin. This scissors cleaner is fucking amazing. I honestly do not know what the hell i was doing before but this thing blew my tits off. Seriously my nips are stuck to the wall.

You fill it part way with rubbing alcohol and it has brushes inside like a golf club head cleaner at the golf course. Shove the dirty scissors in and in seconds it’s crystal clean and ready for action again. Kudos for a job well done @Trimbin. Job well done!

Bodean

Bodean

View attachment 858946 View attachment 858947

I just want to shout out to harvest more @Trimbin. This scissors cleaner is fucking amazing. I honestly do not know what the hell i was doing before but this thing blew my tits off. Seriously my nips are stuck to the wall.

You fill it part way with rubbing alcohol and it has brushes inside like a golf club head cleaner at the golf course. Shove the dirty scissors in and in seconds it’s crystal clean and ready for action again. Kudos for a job well done @Trimbin. Job well done!
seriously nifty. Need to look into one of those. Nice heads up.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
seriously nifty. Need to look into one of those. Nice heads up.

Yeah it was part of the photo of the month prize package. Got them just a few days ago and I’m stoked at how well they performed. Within 15-20 seconds every single molecule of resin was cleaned off. I cleaned them maybe 4-5 times for a single plant. It really saves time and hassle.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Good question,Ive grown out AK48 years ago,and it was way different than AK47(which is more sativa).AK48 was a couch riding indica from Nirvana I believe.

Ahh. Yeah the serious seeds AK47 is fairly balanced. Taken on the early side it can provide a nice energetic buzz that’s clear and euphoric. Taken in the middle it can deliver a punch to the face. Taken at the end it can be more relaxing with tiredness setting in at the end of the buzz.

Very little variance in phenos from what I’ve seen. I did get a wierd one in this pack that was way more sativa than the typical pheno and it wasn’t any good. I ran it once and culled it.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
1502C2D6 B794 49FF 95E3 676212883092
BD480021 C222 41D2 8872 31431889F2D0

Topped them both a few days ago and took some cuttings to root. Still no real signs of preflowering. I think they might both be female and I think I saw a hair on UC2. I counted an even number of leaf fingers on both plants which ime usually indicates a female but of course I don’t ever rely on that.

As soon as a cutting roots or they show they will be off to flowering. They gotta be around day 40-45 from seed.

They are getting very Rootbound and unhappy with the soil they are in. I’m having to feed them often to keep them green.

They bounced back from the topping almost immediately so that’s a good sign. Overall they are happy but they could be happier.

I’ve since switched to RO water so that has helped my garden health substantially over the last 5-6 days. I had way too many dissolved metals and minerals in my tap water and it was building up quickly in the soil. Which does explain a lot of minor issues I’ve had since switching from bottled to tap water.

But I think we are on track once again.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
3D032F4D FF2B 49DF 994F 2B5A111480F2

As you can see I’m running out of vertical space quickly. Which is why I topped them. Their leader was touching the bulbs. So I took em down a couple notches to buy a little more time. I probably should have done that earlier but they looked so happy I didn’t want to disturb them yet until I had no other choice.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
129289CA A818 4803 A2CF 491488EFCCA2

Here’s another AK47 on the come up. Finally got rid of the leaf tip burn. I believe the high ppm tap water was part of the culprit in that. And by that I mean because of the high mineral content it required more feeding due to excess minerals locking out the nitrogen which of course was easily mistaken for not enough nitrogen. Just another example of sometimes deficiencies are more complex than just adding a nutrient. You need to find the root cause of the deficiency and address it first. Otherwise you’ll chase your tail.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
505FC411 5511 487C A6FC 0726108FCEED

Couldn’t wait any longer. UC2 is now in flowering. Not sure if it’s a boy or girl yet. Hoping it’s a girl, obviously. We’ll see here shortly.

March 7 - Day 1 of flowering. 11/13 photoperiod with far red leds that come on 30 minutes before lights shut off and go off 15 minutes after the lights shut off.

Top Bottom