Uzi (oozy) Cookies F1 By Thegrowingrack

• Thread starter JWM2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I have a leak in my RO system and shut it down until spring (cold under the kitchen sink, and I hate plumbing). I have been using tap with no ill effects so far. I do let it sit out overnight since we have a lot of Chlorine (the real stuff) in our water.

Yeah we’ve got tons of rust and iron in our water. Unfortunately I don’t think it’ll evaporate like chlorine will. It took a while to build up but the effect was unmistakable manganese deficiency. I bought some powdered manganese sulfate but I don’t know how much to apply so I’m not going to use it. Plants have worked back up though since I’ve stopped using my tap water.

The upside is the spring water has 2% calcium so they should have plenty of it.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Yeah we’ve got tons of rust and iron in our water. Unfortunately I don’t think it’ll evaporate like chlorine will. It took a while to build up but the effect was unmistakable manganese deficiency. I bought some powdered manganese sulfate but I don’t know how much to apply so I’m not going to use it. Plants have worked back up though since I’ve stopped using my tap water.

The upside is the spring water has 2% calcium so they should have plenty of it.

I've got extremely hard water. The decomposing limestone and granite appear to have no negative effect on my girls, in fact, it might be the opposite. Could be like glacial rock with the right minerals.

It's a b*tch when soaking a pan or dish though. Leaves heavy mineral deposites. My bongs are all covered in them too. I guess I should buy some CLR to break it loose but it's not anything urgent.

Oh, our water loves to kill Keurigs, hahaha. The only reason my k-cup coffee maker is still working is because its a super cheap knockoff. My guess is the tolerances on the Keurig are much tighter and the filters finer, whereas my cheap brewer is built so loose that the deposits actually tighten it up making it work better. Score one for the misers.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I've got extremely hard water. The decomposing limestone and granite appear to have no negative effect on my girls, in fact, it might be the opposite. Could be like glacial rock with the right minerals.

It's a b*tch when soaking a pan or dish though. Leaves heavy mineral deposites. My bongs are all covered in them too. I guess I should buy some CLR to break it loose but it's not anything urgent.

Oh, our water loves to kill Keurigs, hahaha. The only reason my k-cup coffee maker is still working is because its a super cheap knockoff. My guess is the tolerances on the Keurig are much tighter and the filters finer, whereas my cheap brewer is built so loose that the deposits actually tighten it up making it work better. Score one for the misers.
I only use RO or now spring water in my coffee makers..I hate my own Keurig..The coffee all tastes the same and not good. I purposely stayed away from the newer Keurig 2 and bought a classic..WTF copy protected coffee! LMAO..Anyway, I use it now and load it up with McD's coffee for a quick cup..other than that it's a regular Krupps drip maker. The Keurig's computer always locks up and the nozzles clog with coffee...bad design, but highly successful..They were smart selling out when they did.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I only use RO or now spring water in my coffee makers..I hate my own Keurig..The coffee all tastes the same and not good. I purposely stayed away from the newer Keurig 2 and bought a classic..WTF copy protected coffee! LMAO..Anyway, I use it now and load it up with McD's coffee for a quick cup..other than that it's a regular Krupps drip maker. The Keurig's computer always locks up and the nozzles clog with coffee...bad design, but highly successful..They were smart selling out when they did.

Try an iCoffee Express like mine. It brews much stronger than Keurig because it runs the water hotter and spins the k-cup or self fill adapter while it pours through it. Bought mine for $25 on sale at Kmart. Looking for them just now I see that they're not as cheap of a machine as I thought and near rival Keurig in price.
740e1e8a b45a 447d 98b8 8fbfc2c0e300 1e08db75490d472957607086aab758631

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Try an iCoffee Express like mine. It brews much stronger than Keurig because it runs the water hotter and spins the k-cup or self fill adapter while it pours through it. Bought mine for $25 on sale at Kmart. Looking for them just now I see that they're not as cheap of a machine as I thought and near rival Keurig in price.
View attachment 858392
I was actually looking at those. The prices put me off and it looked as though icoffee is slowly going nowhere. (lots of used ones)

I bought my Krupps 12 cup turbo ($80 retail) at Wally World one day while just cruising..it was marked $20! I bought one and now I wish I had bought them all..Great Coffee. Sometimes I wish that the better makers did NOT use digital but manual on off. That way if I awake earlier than my timer is set for..I can lay in bed and say: "Hey Google..make coffee"..Seriously great automation..I have actually hooked up a smart outlet to my Rosin press..that way I can get it warmed up and ready when I am..LOL

I googled a few fixes for my current Keurig and it now works again (cleaning out the nozzle and force resetting the computer (that took a bunch of tries). I hope it makes it thru until I locate one I want (not keurig). Did these clowns ever get wise to the copy protection sh** or are their brewers still "locked" on to the keurig pods?

Snap1

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I was actually looking at those. The prices put me off and it looked as though icoffee is slowly going nowhere. (lots of used ones)

I bought my Krupps 12 cup turbo ($80 retail) at Wally World one day while just cruising..it was marked $20! I bought one and now I wish I had bought them all..Great Coffee. Sometimes I wish that the better makers did NOT use digital but manual on off. That way if I awake earlier than my timer is set for..I can lay in bed and say: "Hey Google..make coffee"..Seriously great automation..I have actually hooked up a smart outlet to my Rosin press..that way I can get it warmed up and ready when I am..LOL

I googled a few fixes for my current Keurig and it now works again (cleaning out the nozzle and force resetting the computer (that took a bunch of tries). I hope it makes it thru until I locate one I want (not keurig). Did these clowns ever get wise to the copy protection sh** or are their brewers still "locked" on to the keurig pods?

View attachment 858395

The Express appears to be discontinued, hence the used ones. Other people must like them a lot too because the used ones are selling for more than they were new. I've really pushed this machine hard
I'd pack the self-fill cup so full it made espresso, hehe. I almost killed it's pump doing that. Glad I didnt. It's by far the best maker I've owned, even more than the Keurig I had. It was the cheapo one though.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

The Express appears to be discontinued, hence the used ones. Other people must like them a lot too because the used ones are selling for more than they were new. I've really pushed this machine hard
I'd pack the self-fill cup so full it made espresso, hehe. I almost killed it's pump doing that. Glad I didnt. It's by far the best maker I've owned, even more than the Keurig I had. It was the cheapo one though.
The steam/stir model that makes a full pot looks interesting as well.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

@JWM2 , I need to get my hustle on this spring so I can afford one of those Racks. It's now on my to-do list and I'm already considering it while planning my small grow room. The tent I have is, just ok. I can see the pinhole light leaks through the zipper herming plants if I try to flip while vegging the room. Your rack will serve this purpose much better I think.

I also need more grow lights but the double and single should be enough for one level, maybe even both. Another CXB x2 100w would be perfect.

Top Bottom