want more females???

• Thread starter med man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
med man

med man

Breeder
i run t-5's across the cielings and run all my flips in veg like this. they grow way faster, mnore branches, its intense

med-man

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

hey oh that guy

sorry to hear that. i always wondered. is the sex in the bean when formed? is it arbitrary that i have noticed my results?

med-man
Yo med-man no problem. I wasn't complaining I buy all regular seeds n males are part of the game. The plants were nice uniform plants. One had a nice kushy smell but I'm not gonna keep any males right now cuz i have too many seeds to get thru.

straincreation

straincreation

Good to see your on the farm MM alot better lpeople here than your tube channel. Know what I mean.great post I like your 16-8 idea might run a batch of clones with it see how it goes.

med man

med man

Breeder
hey straincreation

thanks man!

ya with cuts they do root faster with the extra dark period.

i love the farm man. everyone is always super chill. plus there are some serioyus heavies on here too that i love to watch in action!

med-man

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Yes.... my question is does ethylene come from ripening buds , if so do they produce enough during the cure to affect or effect the seeds in said cured nuggs? I'm high vibrational stoned right now

cephalopod

cephalopod

Sorry CM, I'm not sure, I would think if it does its on a small scale. I've only heard about it for "feminizing germination process" and to force ripening in fruits to time ripeness for market.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/origin-of-fruit-ripening/

The Origin of Fruit Ripening
A gaseous plant hormone turns off anti-ripening genes, enabling fruit to mellow--and taste good
August 17, 2009 |By Mandy Kendrick

1F8ABBD9-863F-4FD8-9008FDDFDCEE54E8_article.jpg

Bananas hanging on a tree or sitting in the produce section of the grocery store start out green, plenty hard and none too tasty. Over time, of course, they become softer and sweeter. The cause of fruit ripening is a natural form of a chemical synthesized to make PVC (polyvinyl chloride) piping and plastic bags—namely, a gaseous plant hormone called ethylene.

For thousands of years, people have used various techniques to boost ethylene production even if they did not quite know it. Ancient Egyptian harvesters slashed open the figs they collected to stimulate ripening, and Chinese farmers would leave pears in closed rooms with incense burning. Later research showed that wounding and high temperatures trigger plants to produce ethylene.

In 1901 Russian scientist Dimitry Neljubow showed that ethylene could affect plant growth after he identified it as the active ingredient in vapors leaking from a gas main. The vapors were causing surrounding plants to grow abnormally. Three decades later, researchers found that plants not only responded to ethylene, but they could produce their own, and production of the gas increased when the scientists cut (injured) the fruit with a knife.

Researchers later discovered that plants produce ethylene in many tissues in response to cues beyond the stress from heat and injury. It is made during certain developmental conditions to signal seeds to germinate, prompt leaves to change colors, and trigger flower petals to die. Because the gas diffuses easily it can travel within the plant from cell to cell as well as to neighboring plants, serving as a warning signal that danger is near and that it is time to activate the appropriate defense responses.

Special receptors in plant cells bind to the ethylene. The first known plant genes involved in this process, ETR1 and CTR1, were identified in 1993; they keep the fruit ripening genes from activating until ethylene is made. Once that happens, ETR1 andCTR1 turn off, which allows a cascade that ultimately turns on other genes that make various enzymes: pectinases to break down cell walls and soften the fruit; amylases to convert carbohydrates into simple sugars; and hydrolases to degrade the chlorophyll content of the fruit resulting in color change. Such changes invite animals to consume the fruit and disperse the mature undigested seeds via their defecation.

The evolution of the ethylene pathway, from the production of the gas to end responses like cell death, still puzzle scientists. Land plants are the only organisms known to contain the entire response system. Cyanobacteria can sense ethylene, but whether they can produce the compound is unknown. These microorganisms have anETR1-like gene, but no CTR1 gene, so their ethylene response system would have to be different from that of land plants. Green algae, generally thought to lie between cyanobacteria and land plants in the evolutionary tree, do not perceive ethylene, so how ethylene responses jumped from cyanobacteria directly into land plants also interests researchers.

For economic reasons, scientists continue to explore the biomolecular details of the ethylene production–response cycle, in hopes of developing better methods of preventing fresh-picked fruit from ripening during transport over long distances. The trick is to ensure that the fruit does not become ethylene-insensitive so that it never ripens. After all, who wants to eat green bananas that taste like fiberboard?

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

Based on what I did last year, I can tell you that using an interrupted photoperiod alone can cause a high percentage of males resulting in stock from a breeder that's not known for such issues.
So would that mean that it may be better too veg 24 hours?

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

Seen something that says u can in fact pic out female from males . I've been trying for the last two grows and I been doing great. 2 first grow , one this grow and I got 12 lil ones on way in cups with a grow diary set . Will moat definitely post results ✌ love and sticky green nugs !

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So would that mean that it may be better too veg 24 hours?
Yes, it may well be. However, I'm too cheap to light anything up for 24hrs/day, so I've never used that photoperiod and can't say how well it would work.

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

Yes, it may well be. However, I'm too cheap to light anything up for 24hrs/day, so I've never used that photoperiod and can't say how well it would work.
I hear that one. Im straight med so I'm not our for profit . So ya I use CFLs for my seedlings .

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

Well actually I have been picking our my seed and from lookin at the seed can say if it will be male or female. Hard to believe YES! But I get all girls. Done it last 2 grows both batches are ladieslol

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

None are bought. All from previous meds ,random seeds
that I saved or was gifted from my bro from cannabis club.☺PpP

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

Just a question, is there any truth to being able to pick female from male by lookin at them? For instance I seen info that would suggest that you can? I have 12 seedlings and will continue to post their sex and health. I lost 1i believe last time .have too look in my book . But no more than 2. I believe in it and rely on it now really. I was skeptical of it at first. All my seed a came from medical growers and range from grape ape , trainwrek, warlock nysd bubba . Kk . Hindu kush . Not just talk in out my ass

A lil tin of hopeⓂ

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

I always thought you get more females when you have more $$$ :) at least that's what my experience taught me lol I just throw $$ at them and next thing i know they love me...
Good one! Lmafo

Top Bottom