Water cooled grow room

• Thread starter Racker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Racker

Racker

Hi,

My name is Racker and i am building a new grow room. Not very big but a little sophisticated.
Ruimte met koof

The plan is to use all of the available space for plant grow. Al the equipment will be on top of the sealing. (cooling, heating, dehumidification,ballasts, fuse box etc..)
Set-up:
Climate control> Opticlimate 10000pro2 watercooled climate control unit
Lights> 14x Dimlux 400volt/600watt ballasts with philips greenpower 400volt el bulb.
Hoods> Gavita pro-line reflectors
Pots> 100 Airmaxx white softpots with cover 29ltr (6,5 gallons i think)
Medium> RFX-1 flakes
Co2&light control> Dimlux maxi controller

Building starts soon so enjoy, questions, remarks and commends are more than welcome.

Ruimte met koof
GenghisDon

GenghisDon

I like that air-supply manifold a lot. Clean setup for sure!

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
This should be interesting. I'm sub'd, thanks for sharing the buildout.

-Meeks

half baked

half baked

very nice very clean room bro, ive got the same hoods on my gavita pro1000's, bit weird looking at them with no ballast tho lol they are great, so small with such a great spread of light :)

i'll be lurking in the background ;)
hb

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Really nice set-up. You are using some gear I have never seen or even heard of, that only makes this project that much more exciting to watch. Would you please tell us a bit more about your medium please? Is watering totally automated?

Racker

Racker

Sure,

Opticlimate cools, circulates,filters,heats and dehumidifies the air in the grow-room. There is a little filter+fan at the back of the room to prevent the good old smell outside the room. There is also an uvonair ozon unit on top of the room. The fan refreches the room 5 times every hour.
http://opticlimate.absolutecs.gr/

The dimlux ballasts are auto or manuel dimmable. They dim when growroom gets to hot or when leaftemp rise above room temp. (no evaporation) The controller that controls the lights has a vpd calculator and co2 controller build in.
http://dimlux.absolutecs.gr/

The medium i use is rfx-1. By the application of Earthwool the product is almost 100% natural. Raw materials used are all new, so there are no recycled raw materials processed in RFX-1 mix. Therefore no diseases or contamination of mold from the outside. It looks the same as the old mapito with rockwool and foam flakes in it.

Watering is eb/flow. The autogrow intellidose dosingcomputer fills a watertank (1200ltr) with fresh water from a well. Nutients and PH are set automatic. Every other day a timer pumps all the water in the growroom (flood) and leaves it there for half an hour. Another pump on the floor of the growroom is than activated by the timer and pumps all the water back into the tank. Water will be filled again and the whole cycle starts over again.

I just sit and watch :p

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I would love to see a picture of the period where the plants are flooded. From the pictures it looks like the plants are on the floor, but I am now assuming they are in a tray of some kind.

The Mulls

The Mulls

OH SweeT jeebus!! .... rackeR ..... your room is juss F'n tech AWEsum .... . jaw on tha floor! .... sO many pretty toys ..... butt i juss gotz to know ................ who's tha girlz?? ;):D .... cheerz N tuned ... Mz Mull :p

Racker

Racker

@Genghis, small investment for so much fun ;) No camera system, only sms when something goes wrong (water, fire,break in) Dick sucking is also covered :rolleyes:

@Smokinggun, Very sharp, pots are on grass tiles.
The tiles help draining the pots and make sure all pots are drained all the way, even when the floor is not level. (it never is) I'll make a some pics of flooding.

@The Mulls, Casey jones

@jkbeing, Thanks for the compliment.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Mmmmm... A room full of Casey. Can't wait to see the flooded pics. How high up does the flooding get. It looks like you need 3"-4" inches of flood to properly soak the pots.

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

Mmmmm... A room full of Casey. Can't wait to see the flooded pics. How high up does the flooding get. It looks like you need 3"-4" inches of flood to properly soak the pots.

Is that Tuco in your avatar?

Latest posts

Top Bottom