Water cooled grow room

• Thread starter Racker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Is that Tuco in your avatar?

It most certainly is. That is one of my favorite movies. I was originally going to get a pick of Blondie up, but I came across this pic and I really like this scene, so it became my pic. When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk. Its great advice.

Racker

Racker

Mmmmm... A room full of Casey. Can't wait to see the flooded pics. How high up does the flooding get. It looks like you need 3"-4" inches of flood to properly soak the pots.

Right again, it floods about 5" inches. 1"inch to overflow the tiles and 4"inch into the pots. The 1200ltr watertank makes that happen. 1200ltr go in and 1000ltr come back after flooding when plants are fully grown.. Meaning the girls drink/evaporate about 1ltr every day.

Nutes i make myself (with salt)

GenghisDon

GenghisDon

Do you make your own nutrients to dial in a specific ratio of elements and/or to save money?

I'm very interested in buying an Opticlimate system in the future, is there any more information available about it other than what's on the website? Do you know if there's a supplier in the US?

It's awesome and the plants look great. Big ass colas here we come!

Racker

Racker

Do you make your own nutrients to dial in a specific ratio of elements and/or to save money?

!

With the salt i solved a logistic problem, and yeah...it saves a little money. I only change the N to PK ratio. Not the small elements like iron,magnesium,calcium etc. (don't know the english word for it)

When you scan my avatar you might find some grows with it on another forum. (dutch). I use them for a couple of years now. Goodby climate problems.......:rolleyes:

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

It most certainly is. That is one of my favorite movies. I was originally going to get a pick of Blondie up, but I came across this pic and I really like this scene, so it became my pic. When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk. Its great advice.

Dude, that is MY favorite movie of all time. that line is a classic, and very good advice!! Crazy...... now I want to find a pic of Angel Eyes for my Avatar! LMFAO Sweet

N

NewBudz

Dude this room is epic. I'm wondering though, won't your rh go crazy while the room is flooded for waterings? Or is it okay to have rh that high as long as it's only an hour or so? Don't fool yourself thinking molds and mildews can't get in man, spores are everywhere. Unless you sterilized that room beforehand, then it can still happen.

My second question is that if a disease or pest problem ever did become aparent, do you think it would be managable? I just mean with almost all your space taken up by pots, do you think it would be managable to treat all the plants effectively?

No hating or anything, just tryin to fully wrap my head around your setup.

Racker

Racker

RH% is no problem, under the plants it's not very hot. Nothing evaporates. RH% goes up when plants evaporate trough leaves when lights are on or when temp drops at night.
Most of the moisture in the air is eaten by the opticlimate and disappears trough the condensation outlet. Actualy every drop of water i give to the plants, comes back trough this outlet.

Molts and disease are mostly controlled by ozon and the carbonfilter in the opticlimate. I always add a hi level of ozon in the room before planting enything. After that i use ozon for half an hour after i enter and leave the growroom.

I don't refresh the air very much, so not much of pests are entering the room.

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

Here I'm not talking about diseases or mould, but poison gasses like ethylene. In a closed or semi-closed grow-room, you have to be careful with shit like that.
What are you getting the off-gassing from?

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

I don't
i use foil :D

It's a precaution.

What is it that you are concerned might be causing off gassing, that you are covering in foil? Just curious what materials are giving you concern.

nuttso

nuttso

Hey Racker,

welcome to THCFARMER. Some of the best growers are here and i really enjoy seeing you entering with this bomb setup. I really wan't to try mapito. Hennepdesk has some serious rooms going with mapito and cross ventilation on some flip/flop boards. Why didn't you use powerlux reflectors.
I think there are the same as gavitas just don't cost that much...
thx for the show bro

mack 10

mack 10

oi oi Racker! see your doing your thing. super cool set up.
Where did you get the soft pots with lids? really cool idea.
also, re the rfx 1 did you prep the same as normal rockwool/mapito or different?
That rooms gonna be insane in 6-7 weeks... Ooh wee!
mack

Racker

Racker

Hey nuttso,

Welcome in my topic,
mapito is the bomb :) I use the same mapito for years in one growroom. Just add some to top up the pots after harvest and you'r off again.
No more backpains and easy to use (when you know what you'r doing) lazy peoples choise.... I always think it's better to think about your climate than to carry arround with bags of soil :cool:

I like reflectors with a wide angle that don't go very deep in the crop. I also don't like plants higher than 3 or 4 feet. (so i don't have to go deep) The megalux or powerlux reflector goes deep and gavita goes semi-wide. Maybe they look the same but believe me, they'r not. I also like the removable/replaceble reflector.

It's a choice you make, and everyone makes the choice that suits him/her best.

Racker

Racker

oi oi Racker! see your doing your thing. super cool set up.
Where did you get the soft pots with lids? the rfx 1 did you prep the same as normal rockwool/mapito or different?
mack

Softpots: http://www.giusi.nl/233-soft-pot

The manufactor of rfx gives the advise to plant your crop and water it from above at the start without flushing or cleaning.
I never listen to manufactors so i do it my way.....better don't listen to me and do what the rfx guys say :rolleyes:

(I water it soaking wet with high EC and PH 5,5)

Racker

Racker

Update.
2012 09 15 141911
2012 09 15 141941

Thing on the beam is not a webcam but a infrared temp-sensor that messures leaf/planttemp....
2012 09 15 142046
Sensors for RH% and ambient temp are under the silver hood.....
2012 09 15 214938
2012 09 15 214955

EC now at 1,7
PH on 5,5
CO2 still on 400ppm
Temp day night are almost the same now to prevent stretching out.

Flooding pics as thumbnail.....

DSC 0296
DSC 0297
2012 09 29 220136
2012 09 29 220647
2012 09 29 220853
2012 09 29 221014
2012 09 29 221030
2012 09 29 221115
2012 09 29 221150
2012 09 29 222348
2012 09 29 222406