What is Budder? not canna-butter.....

• Thread starter wpg_breeder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

wpg_breeder

budder...a BHO extract taken one step further.... i need more details!

T

Thick Smoke

when making the bho oil you do the purge process to get rid of any leftover butane. while purging if you stir the bho with a pin or something it introduces air bubbles into the bho. causing it to get kinda frothy by trapping small airbubbles in it.

K

KingCrimson

the actual process is supposed to be secret known only by the budderking, but others the world over have claimed to know how and even vastly predate budderkings promotion of the substance.
From what I've read purity of material to be washed, whipping, isomerization, and maybe even other factors come into play.
I've never had budder but BHO is absolutely my favorite, I eagerly await the day I find some budder in my part of town, if it ever comes.

A

addicted

Here is a 90% or better method...

For Informational Purposes Only

Here is a process that I have put togather at my medical friends house (I.E. Legally registered for THC holding...Processing is unclear) for producing some very high concentration THC product. Variations in procedures and materials will slightly alter the end product. This stuff is dangerous to produce for someone who cannot handle highly flammable materials and acids.

The first thing you need is Cannabis materials preferably not fan leaves, most preferably underbuds and clippings. One could hash out the material and start the chems there or extract the material with a room temperature pour through device. I am pretty sure a non polar solvent will perform much better then an alcohol. I have decided to start hashing the material inorder to reduce the handeling of solvents. Also, my preferred recipie uses Ethanol, Phosphoric acid, Toluene, and Ammonia. You will need to employ a reflux apperatus and a seperatory funnel. Be careful that you dont use tools that dissolve in these solvents or react with the acid. There are better recipies, but this is the most friendly one I could figure from my studies.

* Hash the bud
* Decarboxylize the THC-A in the hash by tightly rapping it in aluminum foil and heating it in the oven at 200 for a short time not to exceed 40 min. It you smell it take it out and put it in the freezer. Do not open the foil till it is cool.
* Dissolve the hash in +99% Ethanol using a pyrex container in the microwave (watch the boil rate cause you can waste a bunch of has in the boil over). Just enought to dissolve totally. The mix ratio is around 4-5g to 150ml EtOH. This is very unlikely to be a fire hazard if you watch what your doing and dont put metal in there. Be careful of fumes cause they build up...NO SPARKS
* Filter it into a reflux apperatus
* Add 50ml ~85% Phosphoric acid to the clean extract in the reflux apperatus
* Isomerize the CBD and possibly other cannabinoids by refluxing for around 30 mins. You will likely notice that some dark material dances around just below the surface with the dropping of the condensating EtOH.
* Mix an equal volume of Toluene into the now cooled, decarboxylized, isomerized.
* Add 1/4 the volume of Ammonia and aggitate. The Ammonia will react with the Phosphoric acid yielding the begnin salt Ammonium phosphate. Left over Ammonia will vaporize completly with the rest of the solvents.
* Seperate the now distinct Ethanolic ant Toluene layers keeping the Toluene layers. The Ethanolic left overs can be discarded.
* Wash the Toluene extract with distilled water 2-3 times.
* Dry the the Toluene off in a pyrex dish. Avoid fumes and sparks

With some refinement procedures before the isomerization procedure, one could produce a resin with some 90% THC's mostly Delta-9-THC. I do not think this is necessary as most materials that have much less concentrations are perfectly sufficient. But, if one doesnt want to have to smoke a whole bowl for relief. Make sure the Toluene is dried off as it produce alot of suit is you burn it. High THC products will naturally have a plastic like taste however.

snagged this from another forum, but this is the closes thing to budder you will get, unless "budderking" drops the secret.

And by the way Toluene is cancerous

T

TheMadHatter

Im not sure what Budder is but my friend makes some pretty dank Earwax Budder does sound a bit better tho

As a matter a fact its the best shit I've ever smoked, Bout to run out of it tho. Makes me weed last alot longer.

T

Tripod

Hello CrimsonKing . There is a cafe in Vancouver Canada that sells this ( $90 / gm I think ) "Da Kine Smoke and Beverage Shop" I think ( might have gotten raided last year ) .

D

D9420

as far as i no you need a good indica. and very purified Butane like Vector or Colbri for pure oil to work best. and this is a good time to use Buds and not trim. you need to make the oil as normal then put the oil on a plate to work with. put the plate on a hot plate to keep the oil workable and use a toothpick or other tool to whip it into budder. im not sure how this process makes the oil more potent but it does :smiley_joint:
here are some pics of the process. but not my pics

Picture 015
Picture 016
Picture 017
Honey 010
Honey 004
Hash Oil 0041
Picture 022
Picture 020
Budder Hash 005
Budder Hash 006
Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
nice pics, should have left it in oil form though.

T

tophmaster

yes i agree oil form looks cool i guess just different but oil form for sure

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
as far as i no you need a good indica. and very purified Butane like Vector or Colbri for pure oil to work best. and this is a good time to use Buds and not trim.

actually i have had an almost pure sativa that budders up for me easily. and the goodclean butane wont make it budder more easily, but you are correct in advising to use buds, as trim doesnt budder well at all typically.

D

D9420

actually i have had an almost pure sativa that budders up for me easily. and the goodclean butane wont make it budder more easily, but you are correct in advising to use buds, as trim doesnt budder well at all typically.

some sativas will budder easy. but generally most indicas budder up easier. and as for the good butane im not saying it will make it budder up easier. it will ensure your oil is the best it can be. and you want good oil for smoking or to Budder up. :smiley_joint:

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
well the way you put it indicated you do need pure butane to achieve the budder effect, and also you worded the part about indica much differently with a very different meaning as well. your clarification shows you to be better at making oil than writing about it, and so in the end we do agree on these points though, so its all good. :rasta:

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
im not sure how this process makes the oil more potent but it does

there is no way it makes it more potent, thats completely untrue. and actually in a few days it will have let off a lot more terpenes than the same oil if you had left it in rock hard oil form. terpenes are a major constituent to the quality of the stone, so the budder will be a bit weaker actually, if not used right away.

T

TheMadHatter

Oil gets you higher because it makes you cough its not as pure and when you cough you open your lungs more and in result get higher. Earwax is really pure way more pure then and oil I've ever smoked. but thats just my 2 cents.

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
oil doesn't make me cough. earwax and oil are identical in potency when first made, however the earwax loses flavor, and maybe as well potency faster.

J

jarjarstinks

every time i have earwax i think it has more flavor than the blonde honey oil ive had.
much stronger smell too

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
it smells stronger i agree (as it loses terpenes faster than hard oil), but on flavor i find it not much different. somehow pastes seem a bit smoother, almost less taste to me.

thinman

thinman

what's the process for turning your BHO into budda? what is the benefit?

thanks.......

S

Stanky420

i have a strain called Z, no lineage on it but it seems to be more indica but a hybrid none the less, when i scraped it out the the pyrex i had an almost clear semi-opaque rock hard oil.. after a day or so it was completely opaque??? no loss in flavour either, its quite tastey.. cant be butane trapped i prolly tend to over-purge most of the time and burn off volatiles... any idea?? has this happened to anyone?

THECALI.KID

THECALI.KID

ok so no one has confirmed BHO oil whipped is budder and i find when i whip my oil it turns into powder form and taste way way better hashmasta-kut can u tell me how it brakes down becoming weeker after its dryed out and wiped as to its oil form happy grow The Cali. Kid

Top Bottom