What's your cooling setup?

• Thread starter Chillville
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nebulius

nebulius

I don't know much about specific AC units. There's an AC thread around here somewhere, look for 'CannabisJohn'. That homeboy knows his AC inside and out. He can help you much better than I can.
Thanks Ttystikk:) , here's the link for anyone who comes after me, if they want to join that thread. Link

efnscreenames

efnscreenames

1. Size of room? 8'L x 11'W x 7' tall
2. How well insulated is it? not sealed I called it semisealed but it keeps the heat out and the cold in
3. Total wattage in the room(s)? 1790 watts 100o watt hps 430 watt hps and an LED 360watt for veg
4. Burning gas for Co2? regulator with co2 sensor and montor
5. Ballast in the room? If so digital of magnetic? yes, digital
6. Dehu? What size? How often is it running? I run central air plus a postable unit in theroom also so it keeps humitity around 45 % also my portable unit had a humidifier to keep from having to empty condensation
7. What size, brand, and seer rating is your a/c or chiller system? a/c is a portable unti you can by from lowes its about 350$
8. How often does it cycle (turn on and off)? the compresser kicks on for about 10 minutes and stops for about 20 this haooens the enitre 12 hour ON cycleit runs less during OFF hours
9. What is the highest and average outdoor temps? What the climate like?its gets about 100 degrees here in the middle of the summertime but the humidity is what gets you.
10. What is your grow room temps set at? Ac kick on at 70 and it stays abouyt 73 .5 at canopy level
11. Is the system able to maintain the temp setpoint through the entire light cycle? yes sir!

Hilltopfarms

Hilltopfarms

1. flower 14'x19'x8' circulated with veg 14'x9'x8' via 2 10in max fans
2. double r30 insulation, rigid foam used instead of drywall, inside wrapped with infrared wrap
3. 18 600s (10,800 watts) in flower, 3 600s in veg (12,600 watts total)
4. co2 tanks, no burners
5. all lumatek digitals outside the room
6. 1000 watt dehu runs all night, off at day time
7. frostbox 5 ton (60,000 btu) industrial unit
8. runs nearly all day, periodically at night
9. desert conditions outside
10. rooms never peak above 82° regardless of outside temps

E

eircsmith

SOG thanks for sharing your info.

What's up Blazer, great to have you around. I'm glad that there are a couple of HVAC installers here to help answer questions. Cannabis John seems to have a great thread going in grow room design too, hopefully both you guys will hang around here too :)

Useful info. I would prefer an split AC instead. lol

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

I'm in the middle of setting up a new room right now. Going for 3-4k flowering.

1. Size of room? 4-5ft x 16 x 10 flowering
2. How well insulated is it? okay basically a tent in corner of room with panda plastic up.
3. Total wattage in the room(s)? 4k
4. Burning gas for Co2? no using bottles
5. Ballast in the room? no If so digital of magnetic? digital
6. Dehu? What size? How often is it running? non yet on the list to get
7. What size, brand, and seer rating is your a/c or chiller system? have ecoplus 1hp w 6" and 8" iceboxes. for back up got 12k btu LG portable
8. How often does it cycle (turn on and off)? idk haven't had time to settle in yet gonna scope it out tonite
9. What is the highest and average outdoor temps? 95 highest. avg 50-70 What the climate like? dry most the time but get all four seasons here.
10. What is your grow room temps set at? 70-75
11. Is the system able to maintain the temp setpoint through the entire light cycle? Yup!

right now just looking to make improvements looking for input. some more facts tho. I'm growing promix top feed. using adjust a wing reflectors no co2 in yet but plan to raise the temps when I do add it. I want to insulate my resivoir with something for sure. thanks chill

Organica

Organica

1. flower 14'x19'x8' circulated with veg 14'x9'x8' via 2 10in max fans
2. double r30 insulation, rigid foam used instead of drywall, inside wrapped with infrared wrap
3. 18 600s (10,800 watts) in flower, 3 600s in veg (12,600 watts total)
4. co2 tanks, no burners
5. all lumatek digitals outside the room
6. 1000 watt dehu runs all night, off at day time
7. frostbox 5 ton (60,000 btu) industrial unit
8. runs nearly all day, periodically at night
9. desert conditions outside
10. rooms never peak above 82° regardless of outside temps

Doing the damn thing!

How much is the frostbox 5 ton ?? And can you install that on your own??

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Hello Mr chillville I was wondering I'm moving I to a new place as in my old place I had a 10x10x7 tent with a window ac (not in the window) with a back plenum and ducted to another room while it worked perfectly I had to deal with the mess of insulated duct running and hot air in the other room a complete mess.
So my question is my new place has a great window that I would like to put an 25,000 btu window ac but I'm afraid of the winter I know of reading that it will be an issue, how do I instal a low ambient kit or do window ax come with that option. Also note that I would love a mini split I can't cause it's a house rental and really it's strange the owner is going to think all the money or a mini split for a rental please help thanks

sixstring

sixstring

1. Size of room? 12'w x 20'l x 10'h
2. How well insulated is it? 2x4 const with R13 wood siding and osb inside
3. Total wattage in the room(s)? 8600 watts 12 x 600 hps 3 x 400 hps 2 x 100w cfl
4. Burning gas for Co2? bottled co2 not in use currently
5. Ballast in the room? If so digital of magnetic? ballast in room,hung high.digital
6. Dehu? What size? How often is it running? yes,50liter always on but mostly runs at night,set to 35%
7. What size, brand, and seer rating is your a/c or chiller system? goodman 3 ton a/c 13 seer
8. How often does it cycle (turn on and off)?depends on temps outside but it only comes on @ 65f or above outside temps.runs for 15-20 mins,shuts down for 25-30mins
9. What is the highest and average outdoor temps? What the climate like? 90 f today normal for this time of year is 80f.michigan winters get cold,summers get hot.
10. What is your grow room temps set at?78f lights on 70f lights off
11. Is the system able to maintain the temp setpoint through the entire light cycle? holds temps almost perfect until we hit 90f outside,then it drifts up a few degrees.

Ever after

Ever after

all depends on where you live if you live somewhere its hot during the day but like around the 50's and 60s and 70s at night then its a great place to go with fans i love fans because they are cheap and its easiest to get rid of the smell but if you live somewhere its like 40 or 30 or like fucking slowing like on colorado i would make a sealed room where i have an ac for the air and a co2 tank and then 1 hole from the outdoors one to push air in to push air through the lights and in to the house where it would heat the house and always makes it a good thing because it cops come by they check to see if the house is cold as hell and one room is not so its great camo for a grow house but only does a little and also great because you get free heat so you never have to use to electric or gas for heat unless you really need to and can pull the hot air from the lights everywhere and the AC will combat the heat in the grow room so you can keep the garden at the perfect temp while keeping your home at the perfect temp but cold be good to make a space for a duct to vent out the HID vent air in the summer time if it gets hot and if it gets hot and you just want less heat in the home.

only thing is running a sealed room where you use an AC and only use indoor air and make your own c02 with tanks or a burner you have to start from seeds and be really careful of bugs and never use clones from a club only make your own clones because growing in a sealed room is the best but if you get bugs you will have 10x more difficulty trying to get rid of the bugs than if you had an all fan grow room because the temps and stuff and the fact the bugs thrive in close sealed rooms but if you get them with a sealed room you grow room will either need to have all plants pulled out and have a year or less or more of down time and cleaning or you need to trash or bleach everything and remodlel some as getting spider mites can suck but you can get rid of them but going to clubs for your plants or clones and not buying seeds there is about a 80%-90% chance they will have mites and they grow like wild fire even in a non sealed room so keep your stuff clean its always good to keep to simple and have just a few mother plants having about 6 monther plants is a good amount because once you have 25 mother plants you got 100 clones or 200 per plant and you just cant keep up and will drown in it and most likely get mites if you dont flower them out the DEA they kinda have a good idea keep it under 99 rule is kinda a good one because spider mites fucking suck and if you can keep track of over 99 plants than your fucking on like crack or something i mean having 100 and 6 mother plants im all for but come on guys keep your self in control of your garden its like your mind keep your garden not going crazy and then you wont go crazy same with the dea they wont go crazy on you prob the best advice ive ever given and oh yeah go with coco and do ebb n flow its dope soil is the best quality and then it goes coco then hydro hydro and then goes aeroponics and the aeroponic bud might be really dense and compact and heavy but it does not have the sticky dankness that really makes cannabis worth it aeroponic but is really the bammer of indoor but if you just need a shit load of weed aeroponics is the way to go and its super clean but it is super tricky and things can get fucked up in hours but things can go good in hours its really a sensative way to grow but i grow with coco its the best the sticky icky with the hydro yield and clean hydro smoke and soil dank high but the bud from coco is dense like hydro so its like super dense clean soil bud that grows fast as hydro and you can flush the stuff to the point you just taste the dank resin

reloader

reloader

8X8 tent, with 3,200w. 11,000 btu portable ac, also I duct outside air in through my attic. I cut a hole in the ceiling and dropped a 8" 720 cfm inline fan, outside air comes in and runs straight into my largest hood with a 1000w and then into a 600w, and still has a little cool air left over. In the Winter I don't need the ac just the cool outside air coming in. I run all lights at night to keep everything cooler. I set ac at lights out temp at 69 and lights on temp at about 80. Exhaust for ac was a bit of a problem, since I am not near a window, I have 2 other lights that cool via inline, so I cut into their exhaust with a slant t, and route it out my attic vent.
A2
A1

DANKGROWER

DANKGROWER

1. Size of room
5x5 grow tent
2. How well insulated is it?
Grow tent in unfinished basement
3. Total wattage in the room(s)?
1000 watt hps
232 watt 8 " vortex s line fan
4. Burning gas for Co2?
Exhale Co2 bags
5. Ballast in the room? If so digital of magnetic?
no...Lumatek digital super lumens
6. Dehu? What size? How often is it running?
not running but idylis 10,000 BTU portable a/c\dehumidifier
7. What size, brand, and seer rating is your a/c or chiller system?
idylis 10,000 BTU a/c or dehumidifier
8. How often does it cycle (turn on and off)?
a/c is on 1 hour before lights and off 1 hour after lights 12/12 cycle so a/c is on 14 hours
9. What is the highest and average outdoor temps? What the climate like?
summer 80-90f
10. What is your grow room temps set at?
My a/c is set at 70f but Temps with tent unzipped are 75-78 and zipped close 80-84 (too hot for my liking)
11. Is the system able to maintain the temp setpoint through the entire light cycle?
With my tent open and unzipped the Temps are 75-78f and with tent closed and zipped it's 80-84 (too hot)...so the tent really isn't serving it's purpose.PLEASE HELP ME SOLVE THIS HEAT ISSUE

20140803 191149
highland420

highland420

1. Size of room? 20x20x10
2. How well insulated is it? Very good. R14
3. Total wattage in the room(s)? 1000 X 15
4. Burning gas for Co2? No. 2x #50lb
5. Ballast in the room? If so digital of magnetic? Outside
6. Dehu? What size? How often is it running? Yes
7. What size, brand, and seer rating is your a/c or chiller system? 5ton Excelair
9. What is the highest and average outdoor temps? What the climate like? 100/64
10. What is your grow room temps set at? 80/veg, 77/flower
11. Is the system able to maintain the temp setpoint through the entire light cycle?

I know missing information. New build. Having some DIY HVAC issues to be resolved. Once solved it should rock.

kizane21

kizane21

1. Size of room?
4.5ft X 6ft

2.Insulation- Poor..Concrete floor..no attic and very poor wall insulation

3.Wattage in Room? Looking for recommendation on a system for 3 x 3 ebb and flow flood tray first time grow..have 110v/240v available outlet...supposedley im told tray can get 16 plants?

4.Co2?...unsure if ill need that i dont have the knowledge

5.Temperature...Phoenix,AZ 95+ degrees most year low humidity

6.Im a NOOB PLEASE HELPView attachment 489454 View attachment 489454

20150218 220806
Scan0001
MSH

MSH

Hey guys,

This is my first post here; I stumbled upon it after some googling on cooling systems.

I've been growing for around 3 years, I've got a small room which is 6.8 x 4.6f and handles around 2000w of light. I've got a 250mm fan as outtake, hooked up to a 315 mm filter, and a 150mm fan for intake.

I've never thought about air (water? AC?) cooling my room until recently and would really appreciate some help on the matter :)

My friend has been using a type of radiator (I think that's the word for it) which is connected with a hose to cold water and on that radiator he has a 150 mm fan and I was thinking of doing the same thing as he being that there is water and a sink in the next room to the growroom.
But after reading this thread I see that that's not the way you guys are cooling your rooms.

I want to be able to use as many watts as possible in my small room so what would you guys recommend I buy/use?

I'm Icelandic and English is not my first language and therefore I'm not sure on how to best describe the cooling system this friend of mine uses.

Best wishes!

M

mrgrowbigbud

Ok, well I have just built a 10x8x8 room in the garage all insulated dry wall on the inside as well as the out, I have also caulked every seam in the room as well as epoxied the cement floors. I have bought a bryant 56k btu furnace with a matching 2 ton bryant central air unit. I will be running 4 raptor 1000 watt un air cooled as well as 2 horizontal 1000 watts in the room. ballasts will be on outside of room co2 will be pumped from a tank to minimize the heat. The temperature outside is never the same michigan itll be 70 for one day an 100 the next lets just say around 80 degrees. I will be keeping the room at 80 degrees while the co2 is being ran. Do you think this 2 ton system will run

IronLeaf

IronLeaf

1. Size of room?
2. How well insulated is it?
3. Total wattage in the room(s)?
4. Burning gas for Co2?
5. Ballast in the room? If so digital of magnetic?
6. Dehu? What size? How often is it running?
7. What size, brand, and seer rating is your a/c or chiller system?
9. What is the highest and average outdoor temps? What the climate like?
10. What is your grow room temps set at?

1. 16 x 12 Feet
2. Basement room, ceiling insulated 100%, 2 walls insulated by the earth, other 2 walls insulated 100%
3. 9460 Watts Lighting. Another 6k in equipment
4. CO2 tank kept at 1500 during day cycle
5. All equipment, including ballasts, inside room
6. 2 x 70 pint dehumidifiers + 1 30 pint dehumidifier
7. 3 ton off-brand 24 Seer (so the installer told me at least) single zone mini-split and 2 ton Pioneer 19 Seer single zone mini-split (same remote works for both and the installer said the internal parts are manufactured by the same company between the two units). They look identical save for size difference.
8. Constantly on, auto-switch between heating and cooling
9. Highest temps get in the 90s F, coldest gets around 15 below F, average around 60 F
10. Day temp is 86 F, night temp 76 F
11. Yes without any problems

Top Bottom