“What we are trying to say is consider” putting all the toxic Fukushima water in Pacific

• Thread starter logic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
dude, if God is talking, WRITE A BOOK...it's a proven bestseller...

darkmatter

darkmatter

There was a thing on CNN a month or so ago about all this stuff it was interesting.it had Japan in it also showed about waste claiming it all would fit in a football field.they showed some new power plant designs that could reuse waste over and over.they also talked about useing old bombs from Russia in plants.

squiggly

squiggly

Just letting it get to me I suppose. I would bet money that within 10 years there are going to be huge, undeniable increases in cancers on the west coast of the USA and other places where the radiation was blown by the winds.

Huge is probably the wrong word. You're going to see a marginal, but certainly nonzero, increase. Is that a good thing? Shit no, it's terrible--but the radiation levels we're looking at aren't going to cause everyone on the coast to develop cancer. When you have a big system like this (a lot of molecules in the ocean and a shitload of people on the coast) probabilities/statistics predictions tend to line up pretty well with what will actually happen. Even if the disaster gets about 15x worse than it is from now forward, I still don't think we'll see shit on the scale you're imagining.

The pacific ocean is going to be irradiated by the molten cores which are LOST, literally 3 cores melted into the earth and are tunneling down as we speak. Honestly, I think it is going to be the worst disaster in human history once the damage starts becoming apparent.

Definitely not the worst by any stretch to be honest. Nagasaki and Hiroshima take that right hands down, and this won't come anywhere close to either of those in terms of people affected. Chernobyl was quite a bit worse, but luckily it was in a relatively remote area in a very large country. What will make the Japan disaster seem worse at times is the Japanese' inability to run from it. They're on a tiny, tiny, stretch of land. This really was a very poor choice by them.

But, that just means we should probably try and enjoy life more while we are still alive and cancer free. There's no way in hell I would ever consider having children now.

I don't think that's sound reasoning to be honest, but I'm not sure I want to bicker with you on whether or not you should make a little you to download your manifestos into. I think we might be better off just leaving as is alone in this case, lol.

I've said it before and won't repeat it in full but on 3/11/11 before I saw what had happened, I had a full-on spiritual revelation and God talked to me very very clearly and powerfully. Wasn't on drugs, but was floored by an overwhelming knowledge that we were all dead and was reassured that karmically, we are alright but we are all dead. That's where my signature line came from, that was the message I received. Only a matter of time. Then, I went back inside and saw the tsunami and the reactor's hydrogen explosion. I was like "yea, that figures."

I read this, but I heard: "I dropped lots and lots of acid on 3/11/11."

I've gotta say I'm confused now. Did God tell you it was going to happen and then the tsunami did it, or did he tell you that the Jews developed an earthquake maker and made it happen? You're losing me with all of these twists and turns.

Man, people get really antsy when you drop the word nuclear. It just goes to show you that the most terrifying things are those things which we don't understand very well.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
FOS

Catfos

Last edited:
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
Squigg do you believe that there are free energy sources or clean energy that is being suppressed from public use? I do. I think the military has technology that would appear to be magic if they revealed it today, but free energy would mean a loss of billions in profits so it will stay hidden for now.

i honestly cant see this. do you know how much money could be made if you had a solid way with free energy that everyone could use? you would be able to sell it to the world, show them how to set it up. you could charge so much up front because the overall savings would be huge after a few years. just because a power company gets power for free dosent mean they have to give it away. water is free and people buy millions of bottles everyday from 10,000 differnt bottlers all over the world.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
lol..yeah but the sun is pretty far away ;)
Sure it is, but at a certain point wouldn't gravity take over?
<-- just saw Europa Report. Trippy! Sometimes I wish my dad had made the astronaut program, other times, glad he didn't.
I don't hate, really. Like I said this is the only thing that really irks me, and it is so obvious. Japan was going to enrich uranium for Iran, then this happens. Connect the dots. Who has threatened to destroy our planet if they feel the least bit threatened? That attitude, should not be tolerated on this planet. Send them to the moon, the landscape is about the same. Our world has one single solitary thorn in its side, who has also co-opted our country to suit their own ends. 8 million inbred satanists, pulling the strings for 7 billion humans who just want to live in peace. Why doesn't anybody do anything about it?
Do you really believe that the only warmongers are the Israelis? If so, I disagree, vehemently. Also, please stop those kinds of remarks, they are divisive at the least, and do happen to violate our TOU. :)
The science was about bombs initially, but then was applied to make power. Pressurized combustion started off as technology meant for firearms. Now you drive around your car using virtually the same technology.

The amount of high-level waste which must be protected for the time period you suggest is actually very small. The grand majority of the waste is actually very low level waste that has a half life of less than 20 years. It's worth noting, as well, that the nuclear power energy sector is the only arm of any energy company that fully accounts for, deals with, pays for, and costs into it's product the entirety of the waste produced by the process. That is, at least, the way it is in the USA (and most of the world).

Nuclear waste can be properly stored, and there is more than enough room on this planet to store the next 1,000 years worth of nuclear waste. Frankly I think we'll have much bigger problems before we ever come close to running out of places to safely store waste.
Fuck yeah! Hinckley, anyone? Or anyone living in or around San Carlos?

squiggly

squiggly

i honestly cant see this. do you know how much money could be made if you had a solid way with free energy that everyone could use? you would be able to sell it to the world, show them how to set it up. you could charge so much up front because the overall savings would be huge after a few years. just because a power company gets power for free dosent mean they have to give it away. water is free and people buy millions of bottles everyday from 10,000 different bottlers all over the world.

That, among other things, is the main reason this is so unfeasibly. Free energy is worth way more in the open than it is hidden.

Now if you said energy companies were hiding something, I'd be more inclined to believe that. The military, though? That's just some conspiracy theory shit.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

God told me about that too the other day. Said he was fucking with you pretty good & we had a laugh over it, no offense. He also said that he kills a baby seal every time you masturbate, so cut it out.

K

kolah

how many nuke plants are located next to large bodies of water?? and wasn't Fuckdupshima built on a g-damn fault line? Yeah "genius" scientists and engineers. eye roll.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I remember when they built San Onofre power plant. I surfed there for many years.
I have an old freind that has work there many years too (pipe isulator)
I think they are about to be Retire that place already
Now he gets to tear it down
Sanonofre

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Yeah, but them beach boobies ain't NEW-QUE-LUHR.

Whoever designed that plant was a funny mofo w/ ballz.

squiggly

squiggly

how many nuke plants are located next to large bodies of water?? and wasn't Fuckdupshima built on a g-damn fault line? Yeah "genius" scientists and engineers. eye roll.

The thing is, many of the engineers involved in actually building the thing are on record as saying it was a terrible plan. Both to have it on that fault, and to be so close to the ocean at such a low altitude. The government/company pushed the thing through.

To answer your question, there are several coastal plants in the US--but none of them are as vulnerable as Fukashima was. Probably the most vulnerable is the one in Miami, and it's already survived quite a few hurricanes (even very strong ones).

Perhaps the most important thing that separates the two is the time that folks on our coasts have to respond to hurricanes, versus the time its possible to respond to tsunamis in. With a tsunami you will have a few hours warning maximum, under the best conditions. With hurricanes you have up to and over 24 hours. The plants are shut down well ahead of time any time there is a scare like this.

Even beyond that, the fail safes are much more robust here in the US. I think you could probably throw exactly the same conditions Fukishima had at any of our plants and we'd avoid a meltdown.

Top Bottom