1-3 Entirely Grey/silver Leaves?!

• Thread starter GrowThings
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowThings

GrowThings

I've never seen this before, and according to Google it's virtually non-existent..

What do you guys think it could be?

1 3 entirely greysilver leaves 2

1 3 entirely greysilver leaves 3

1 3 entirely greysilver leaves

GrowThings

GrowThings

Light burn move ur lights up imo
Afraid not, it's the 3rd smallest plant of the 4 and none of them have this issue.

There's 3 leaves that are fully that colour, and I did find one that was starting to change from the tips down.

GrowThings

GrowThings

Looks like Powdery mildew to me.
I did suspect this also but it appears it only comes in patches, whatever this is seems to be coming from the tips of the leaf towards the stem. Very strange, will check the plant over later for any other signs of it.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Need pic of whole plant preferably with affected leaves on to diagnose.

Cant tell much from a couple picked leaves.

GrowThings

GrowThings

Need pic of whole plant preferably with affected leaves on to diagnose.

Cant tell much from a couple picked leaves.
Like I say, it's only affected 2-3 leaves there's no point me photographing the plant..

That's a side by side of a normal leaf on the plant and an abnormal leaf.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Beginning of nutrient deficiency but you realy should expand on your description of your problem.
if your asking a question i would give all details requested or your not going to get much help! more pics equate to better answer.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
If it was on more leaves I would suspect possibly your city started using chloramine in the water supply maybe?

Doesnt look like powdery mildew.

I agree with the others that it would be helpful to see the whole plant and have more details, what's your starting water source, ppm and ph before and after nutes etc... anything and everything. The more Info the easier it is to diagnose.

GrowThings

GrowThings

If it was on more leaves I would suspect possibly your city started using chloramine in the water supply maybe?

Doesnt look like powdery mildew.

I agree with the others that it would be helpful to see the whole plant and have more details, what's your starting water source, ppm and ph before and after nutes etc... anything and everything. The more Info the easier it is to diagnose.
Yeah that's the thing it's the only one of four with the issue, they're all next to each other with a huge fan blowing down on them, they're in with a 600w HPS that is more than far enough away as I have one plant that is quite a bit taller than the other 3 so I raised it to accommodate the biggest and best plant.

Yeah it's definitely not powdery mildew, I use tap water but I'm ruling that out as I have 9 other adult plants that are all doing just fine, I don't track ppm and I ph 5.5 - 5.8. I imagine PPM would have been around the 600ppm mark. Oh and they're all in Coco (70%) + Perlite (30%). And I water for about 20% run off which they do not sit in.

They're day 2 into flush now.

Ok let’s try this another way. Tell us what you think it is and we’ll argue against it. Lol.
I spent an hour and half on Google furiously researching this issue before starting this thread, my guess is as good as everyone else's..

Nice talking to you. ;-)
giphy.gif

Here's a photo of the plant that everyone is so eager to see..
Inkedfoto no exif LI

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
See now, that helps a lot. It looks overfed. You should probably start tracking your ppm.

GrowThings

GrowThings

See now, that helps a lot. It looks overfed. You should probably start tracking your ppm.
I use Canna's light feeding schedule with my water hardness entered, and having over-fed 80% of my plants at some point in their life cycle and seen what it does, I highly doubt it's over-feeding.

The leaves showing the issue were absolutely perfect on the underside, it was just the top side of leaves with the issue.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I dont know what else to suggest. Based on the glossy look and strange leaf issues it leads me to think overfeeding. Plus you also appear to have some VPD issues, either too hot at the canopy or too low humidity based on the leaves cupping/curling at the edges.

That's all i got.

GrowThings

GrowThings

I dont know what else to suggest. Based on the glossy look and strange leaf issues it leads me to think overfeeding. Plus you also appear to have some VPD issues, either too hot at the canopy or too low humidity based on the leaves cupping/curling at the edges.

That's all i got.
Yeah man it's a mystery! The light was too low for a while, it's at the correct height now and has been for about 2 weeks or more now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom