1/5th of the plant is droopy?

• Thread starter BatmanPetersenc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BatmanPetersenc

Hello all! Thanks in advance for your thoughts. About 1/5th of one of my Chemdog outdoor plants is very droopy on many branches, but not all. Grow details:

2x Chemdog, started mid march-ish, indoors. Brought outside, hardened off etc. early June/late april-ish. On a drip, tap water ~2gal daily, just brought that down to ~2 gal every other day. Soil mix is a rough estimation of coots mix, made with what I had around. Growing in zone 4. Spray w/Dr. Bonners dilution about weekly for pests, and have treated soil with cannatrol for fungus gnats.

One plant started flower on time, the second is barely a few weeks along. Late start to flower, likely due to some stressor, which is my thought at this point. I chopped one branch that looked droopy in the same way several weeks to a month ago.

And now, pics: (problem plant in front, problem branches on left of plant)

15th of the plant is droopy

15th of the plant is droopy 2

15th of the plant is droopy 3

All thoughts welcome. I'm planning to chop those branches tomorrow in case it is a localized infection or something? Is the soil too wet? Why just the few branches??? Thanks again!!!

Last edited:
B

BatmanPetersenc

Bump to see if anyone has thoughts.

Cutting the droopy branches tonight, unless I hear advice to the contrary, as that plant needs to focus on finishing flowering!

B

BatmanPetersenc

Had a massive hail storm actually, but they were dropping before. Thank you for reading and commenting though!

I'm out with my snippers, gonna cut those branches and be done with it.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Glad it’s not a bigger problem! Have a good one homie!

B

BatmanPetersenc

So I chopped several branches, all coming from one main lower branch. I saw a select few aphids, but like only 5-6 on the branches I chopped, so maybe 25-40 on the whole plant? I'll hit it with Mammoth cannacontrol(?) tonight. A few pics below.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts!!

Fwiw, still curious if anyone has a solid guess about cause, but likely impossible to diagnose over the Internet.

B

BatmanPetersenc

Gah. The droop progressed to two new branches. Wtf.

Is this how crown rot or root rot progresses? Is my plant dramatic and I'm just hacking off branches for no reason? I'm ready to chop the whole thing early to preserve my other plant if this is transmissible.

jdog22

jdog22

i have a picture where a plant of mine looks like that but it was a underwatered thing. not sure if its a possible thing but maybe half the roots were dry ?

B

BatmanPetersenc

Kinda looks like fusarium wilt, hope you get it figured out

Oh dang it does. I'll check for the other symptoms (red stem, bulging stem, etc.) tomorrow. Thinking about how behind this plant is, and the delayed growth that fusarium seems to bring on, it makes sense. Thank you for your thoughts.

i have a picture where a plant of mine looks like that but it was a underwatered thing. not sure if its a possible thing but maybe half the roots were dry ?
Thanks for the reply. It was on a daily timed drip, about 2gal/day. I reduced that to 2 gal every other day when I suspected root rot. If the above comment is right, less water might be good. Thanks again!!

Porky1982

Porky1982

Did the stems have a fine black mould on them?
Looking like this?

20190328 094438
20190328 093821
E

estacionsj

I had the same issue, for me it’s when root rot started to happen. See how the bottom of the trunk and some branches are starting to turn brown and stripy, but it’s not transmitted I think , so just let it grow and see what happens

B

BatmanPetersenc

Maybe termites

Termites? Wtf? I did see an earwig yesterday when investigating but only one. Rha ka for your input.

I had the same issue, for me it’s when root rot started to happen. See how the bottom of the trunk and some branches are starting to turn brown and stripy, but it’s not transmitted I think , so just let it grow and see what happens
My concern is that if it could be root rot, caused by fusarium. Which sounds veeeery transmissible. Thanks for your thoughts. I'll be keeping an eye and investigating later today.
Did the stems have a fine black mould on them?
Looking like this?
Thanks for the thoughts and pics for reference. I'll check later today.

trustyagut

trustyagut

Termites? Wtf? I did see an earwig yesterday when investigating but only one. Rha ka for your input.

My concern is that if it could be root rot, caused by fusarium. Which sounds veeeery transmissible. Thanks for your thoughts. I'll be keeping an eye and investigating later today.

Thanks for the thoughts and pics for reference. I'll check later today.
Yeah the bastards got one of my girls outdoors before

20220928 135050
20220928 135240
B

BatmanPetersenc

Yeah the bastards got one of my girls outdoors before

Yikes! Sorry they got your plant!!

I, for some reason, am of the belief that termites aren't really a problem in my climate (zone 4). I could be wrong though.

Considering how problem free my first outdoor grow was (2lbs from 2 plants, with like zero issues) I am ok with some adversity in this grow. It all balances out. :)

B

BatmanPetersenc

Still droopy. I think the stem looks like it well could have some fusarium, based on coloration (the brown spot right above the main branches in first pic below).

None of the cuts have any red ring, which sounds like one sure sign that fusarium has invaded the xylem. I'm concerned that it's in the main trunk, blocking just some branches'nutrients, causing the drooping.

Stem and plant shots:

PXL 20230913 213909636

PXL 20230913 213914252

PXL 20230913 213918830

One of the cut branches:
PXL 20230913 220423259

PXL 20230913 214024890MP

PXL 20230913 214027023
Top Bottom