1.8KW Cheese, Red Diesel, Haze N autopots

• Thread starter theTinker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

theTinker

Hello fellow farmers.

This round is 7 Cheese, 1 Red Diesel, and 13 Haze.

Cheese and Diesel are on bottom in Autopots with soil fed from a 100L Res. 600watt light.

Haze is on top in soil with drippers. Manually turned on with timer on standby if needed.

System is drain to waste.

Water Ph: 6.5 during veg, 5.8 during bloom start, 6.3 during rest of bloom.

Nutes: Bio Grow + Rhizotonic during veg. Canna Flores + Bloombastic during bloom.

Temps: 23-27C during this summer weather.

I've installed a new third 600watter on top to give better coverage and penetration angle. Temperatures may be an issue during the last of the summer heat. However I've reworked my venting to be much cooler now. Hopefully its enough. Ill time the new light to come on briefly and periodically if temperatures demand. Wish me luck.

T

theTinker

7 Cheese and 1 Diesel in Autpots.
IMG_3293.JPG

14 Haze, 13 for flowering. 1 for mother. They are all the same clone. I just needed a new fresh mother.
IMG_32961.JPG

Peace and dry bud

tT

T

theTinker

Hello Farmers,

Day 1 of Flowering today.
Spent 3 weeks vegging from 2inch plants. 12+ inches now.

All plants are doing well. Very even canopy so far. I pruned lower branches and strictly kept 4-6 main stems on each plant. I removed all little ones as i find they block light, give useless bud, fall all over the place, take energy, and create a messy airflow. This is my first time being so strict with the ladies.

Pics of 14 Haze:
IMG_3530.JPG
IMG_3532.JPG
IMG_35341.JPG

Pics of 7 BB Cheese and 1 Barneys Red D.
IMG_35351.JPG
IMG_35371.JPG

Temperatures at 26C Max. Drip fed today with nutes:
2.5ml/L Rhizotonic
2ml/L Silica
2.5ml/L Canna Terra Flores

Any comments or suggestions welcome.

T

theTinker

Day 6 of flowering.

Room temp max @ 27C. This is with 3*600 instead of 2! :) Its a warm nite out.
Watering with
2.5ml/L Rhizotonic
1ml/L Silica
3ml/L Canna Terra Flores

Noticed alot of stretch with the Haze. Most have really stretched out. Im not sure why. Its never a great nodal space but this seem extra stretchy.
IMG_3546.JPG
IMG_35471.JPG

This is the first time I've trimmed them in this way: Cut off all forming stems except 4-6 main stems and fan leaves. I am suspecting now that perhaps removing all smaller stems left all the energy of the plant to grow into the 4-6 main stems, resulting in huge energy usage when it comes to stretch time.

Could anyone enlighten me to this? Does this sound logical? Could anyone direct me or advise me on trimming times etc.

Oddly enough, one of the clones is the most perfect plant ive ever seen. I've taken cuts and hope its some mutant but i suspect its just enviromental luck. Very tight nodes, strong stem, short, bushy. They are all from the same mother so ive no idea why.
IMG_3548.JPG

T

theTinker

Day 11 of flowering.

I've been doing some further investigation on the stretch issue. Its likely a huge temperature variance between the night and day temps that are causing my issue. 22C lights off, 28+lights on. This was also up to 30C during the problematic start. So this should account for the extra stretch this round. Ill have a much easier time during the winter... lower day temps, and maybe even a small heater to keep temps even during the 2 week stretch period.

Watering tonight @
1ml/L Silica
4ml/L Canna Terra Flores
PH water: 6.2
Plenty of run off given. PH of run off 6.9.

Plants have become quite overcrowded so i killed a weak one and used the extra space in the middle. Trimmed lots of leaves of lower branches. Installed a 16INCH oscillating fan to help with air flow. Only 18 bucks at a reposessions sale! woot!

All great except for one who seems weak. he's in the middle for the extra space. Once again, the auto pots are just incredible plant makers and easiest thing ive ever imagined to use. Constantly waters my plants to a correct level, large bushy growth, I dont even think about the plants in these. Its plug n play once its set up.

Next Round i must correct temperature variance and flip sooner. Wasting height this round.

Very happy still though! I just focus on the negative to improve!! :D

T

theTinker

Day 16 of Flowering

Pic update! :)

Haze:
IMG_35682.JPG
IMG_35661.JPG
IMG_35642.JPG

They are as high as plantily possible in that room! too high but we make do!
They are all healthy and green and growing fast. Im happy with the bud site progression given thier age :)

Cheese + Rd:
IMG_35631.JPG
IMG_35592.JPG
IMG_3556.JPG

Hope the pictures are ok, its very hard to get in there at all. Its a long room,and the door is at one end so the plants move away from me! 2 Tiers :) Its a great use of the room :D

I shall be flushing next res change in 6 days. Ill take some better pics then! :)

My red Canna PH meter broke AGAIN... second time this month. Its losing ALL calibration after a few hours. New batteries etc. I dunno whats wrong with it. Its now so far gone that i cant calibrate it back to 7. Only 4 months old.... Ill try pull more of the cloth sensor thing from teh bottom and chop it, maybe it might refresh it...

Advice welcome!

T

theTinker

Day 19 of flowering

All plants look fine. Happy so far. No deaths or males! and the 25C temp keeps nicely and much easier now. Im very happy with the way the temps are holding.
I still am not use to the cheese budding formation. They are little ball size nugs, while my haze grows bushier more upright nugs. I guess this round will tell if the cheese is a keeper or not!

Watering tonight @
1ml/L Silica
4ml/L Canna Terra Flores
Run off PH:6.9

Drenched them with drippers and manual. Some parts of the soil looked kinda dryer than usual so flood flood :).

In 3 days, I will be changing the watering nutes.
so
Week 4, ill start introducing Bloombastic at 0.3ml per liter.

Week 5, bloombastic @ 0.7ml/L. Drop silica.

Week 6, bloombastic @ 1ml/L.

Week 7 @Plain PH water for week 7 to use up whatever nutes they have and are in soil.

I usually try keep the water in the res at a level so the res runs out at start of week 7 so no nutes are wasted.

Chop at/during week 8.

During all this. Ill be raising my clones for the restart!

Autopots as usual..grow themselves.. I hardly look at them. They grow, they drink, they grow, they drink. I added an inline tap to the water highway and turn it off for a day or so periodically. The bottom of the pots tend to stay SOAKED and it sometimes smells a lil odd when I pull them from thier pots, a lil stagnated water smell. So this allows me to control that a little better. The large aerated fluffy soil in the pots stays moist for days even without water!

T

theTinker

Humidity is becoming an issue. 81% after watering. May go down to 60 at the best of times.

Is a dehumidifier any use in a un sealed regularly air exchanged room?

C

caperfarmer902

Hey Tinker,
Looks awesome my man, comin' along great..
I see that your gettin pretty darn descriptive, always nice to know a Thcfarmer neighbor is pullin the same technics as me heree, loads of photos and lots of description, but shit man, your grows comin along great,
Soons i finnish up my SCROG, and harvest on oct. 22ed, im going to be starting about 15 to 20 clones, 10 of crystal, and 10 of the church, "im trading 15 clones for 15 clones from a buddy of mine" ..
So the show keeps goin, but im hopein you can get your scrog up and running for your current or future grow, ill always standby for help if you need it, but as for my scrog current, i wouldnt go for that, id good an all, but i know i could do better by going with 2 nets one for support and guidence, and one for weight for buds..

As for your dehumidifer question,
Yes, i have one in my room right now, i have a tent open with both doors, with a fan blowing on the 400watt and scrog oscalling, with a dehumidifer beside the tent sucking moisture out, i already seen a difference in my Rh in the room, it was 55 to 60% but down to 40% steady now.. Justtry it and see what happens yuh never know untill you try!!!

T

theTinker

but as for my scrog current, i wouldnt go for that, id good an all, but i know i could do better by going with 2 nets one for support and guidence, and one for weight for buds.

A double scrog.... I never heard or considered this. Would the bottom screen have smaller holes, just enough to fit stems through so later when the foilage is cut off, its just stems between the first and second screens? Are your plants in the scrog lacking support? I think i'd like to have a problem of too heavy buds :)

I might be able to borrow a humidifier for a week or 2 and test it out on my room first. Its a budget one but as the room is now 70%, it shouldnt find it too hard to lower it to 50% hopefully! Just soo much canopy in there that the RH shot up fast. Keeps temps down tho :)

T

theTinker

Day 22 of flowering

Watering tonight @
1ml/L Silica
4ml/L Canna Terra Flores
0.3ml/L Bloombastic
Run off PH: 7

Upper plants are doing amazing. Haze simply getting huge bud formations already. Ill take pics next update.

Lower plants in the autopots are having a bit of issue. They've slightly less height room than the uppers and they are far too big. I should of flipping them a week earlier at least. They are being burnt and not getting light as they are growing passed the light.
In a couple of days, when i change the res, Im going to tie them down and see what i can do. I might wrap a circle of chicken wire around the cooltube so the plants cant hit off it and might be deflected.

T

theTinker

Day 27 of Flowering

Watering tonight @
4ml/L Canna Terra Flores
0.7ml/L Bloombastic

Pics! :)
Very happy with the haze. I've never seen it this big before at this stage. Must be the extra 50% light on it :) Random selection :)

I've never had any this size at all.. Delighted.

IMG_36611.JPG
IMG_3659.JPG
IMG_3658.JPG
IMG_36561.JPG
IMG_3655.JPG

T

theTinker

Day 36 of flowering

Watering tonight @
4ml/L Canna Terra Flores
0.7ml/L Bloombastic
No silica as opinions on forum conclude a taste is left after week 5! No need anyways. I use it for stem building. Its all built now!
PH meter broke. I estimated PH down drops based on previous res fills.

Today I chopped a lady for reasons i couldnt avoid.
She turned out quite well. 2 more weeks to go so terrible that she had to come down, but this lady goes towards a lil needed cash and helping some friends survive the drought!

Pics of her main cola :)
IMG_3678.JPG
IMG_3682.JPG

I'm quite happy with how shes looking at week 5! the rest of the ladies are getting exactly 2 more weeks.

2 more weeks to go! :D :D :D desperately need it!

T

theTinker

20% wet weight = (100g*0.2) = 20G dried weight estimate.

Obviously nothing spectacular, but this pays my mates to do all the upcoming trimming and helps them out for the next couple of weeks, and one of them is taking care of the girls while im away for the next week.

airy buds, but im hoping they will dense up over the next 2 weeks! nothing but white pistil hairs so far!

frenetic

frenetic

Wow that is too bad you had to cut her down. but if you have nothing else to smoke then you dont really have a choice i guess. i would atleast let them go 8 weeks

T

theTinker

Trimming Trimming. Will be at it for the next day at least.

Ill try post some pictures tonight, if not, then tomoro for definite. Im happy enough with the turn out.

Most of the buds got so big on the main colas that they broke the branch :)

Most are incredibly dense comparing to my previous grows. I'll definitely be retrying the same feeding schedule and nutes for another run :)

The haze has performed brilliantily as usual.

Havent looked at the cheese yet.

:)

T

theTinker

Trimmed 9 plants so far. 8 more to go.

Wet weight (grams):
Haze:

Cheese:

at 75% estimated water weight (usually between 70-80).
This makes an average of exactly ounce per plant. Which im quite happy with since i packed them all in tightly.

I've 4 other haze drying 2 days now i estimated the same weight so im very happy with this.

LoL @ the 14g plant. Ironically, this plant, and the other lowest at 95G were the plants directly under the light. The plants off to the sides grew far bigger buds, AND...most interestily, the ones at the outer edges grew the biggest by far.

I dont know if this is due to too much light exposure bleaching the small buds tops, or perhaps canopy was too dense in middle blocking the middle plants, or perhaps the outside ones stretched more and reduced light to the middle plants.

Thanks for all the help from everyone with this round. Much appreciated.

IMG_36851.JPG
IMG_36901.JPG
IMG_3693.JPG
IMG_3698.JPG

Edit: I'd like to make special note of the bloombastic.. The buds are rock solid, some are like a horses c**k, others are like tennis balls. Both style plenty hard and so sticky, i have to keep cleaning my scissors or it sticks closed.

T

theTinker

The Big Bhudda cheese plants have all performed horribly.

Its about 1/2 ounce on a good plant, a few grams on bad plants. These were raised in 10L autopots using same nutes as my Haze.

This strain simply just sucks, thin, airy, underdeveloped buds.

I think ill be scrapping this strain from now on. Two grows, both poor performing. My haze has outperformed it 3-4 times as much.

Incredibly bad performance from these. Major waste of time and space the last two cycles.

I gave it a second chance as there was environmental problems the first round with it.

:/

Big Bhudda, I wont be giving you my business in future.

Top Bottom