1 out of 16 plants covered in tiny stringy buds, any thoughts?

• Thread starter harryohm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TSD

TSD

I'm gonna keep it going as long as I can and who knows maybe the buds will fatten up...
It could be some random tropical strain or kush that takes like 10 months plus to grow, those could all turn into colas under the right circumstances. 🤷‍♀️ Definitely looks like a mutant or something though. Would be a good stealthy strain to keep around assuming it finishes and gets you stoned.

harryohm

harryohm

It could be some random tropical strain or kush that takes like 10 months plus to grow, those could all turn into colas under the right circumstances. 🤷‍♀️ Definitely looks like a mutant or something though. Would be a good stealthy strain to keep around assuming it finishes and gets you stoned.
actually the description of Dr Grinspoon I read on MGS sounds almost exactly like it; "Dr Grinspoon will grow carelessly tall with fragile stems which will fill out with small, compact glazed buds."...

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
yes, I start all my plants from seed. It's a Sativa but some wise-ass friend of mine pulled a few of the strain markers I had in the pots so I'm not positive but it's either a Sour D or Durban Poison... And I've grown a lot of both strains and never seen anything like this!
and there are no pests or mold on the plant but I think it was just a weird freak of a plant that did it's own thing. I've never seen a plant like this... but this does happen in nature all the time...
Yea, i think what were seeing here is a particular sativa mutation that's particular to this specific strain. That's my guess.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Female from feminized seeds. here are a few close-ups...
Fuck yea, looks frosty as shit. Plus your going to have quite a few popcorn sized bud there. I could actually see this strain as being useful in some regions, actually, I bet it's got a really high mold resistance. There's zero wrong with small buds bro, especially if there top notch. I've seen a few strains produce something similar, but not quite this large.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Yeah man. Very stealthy. I would reveg it and then clone it.
Bingo, some of these strains were done back in the day so they didn't "look" like cannabis... I'm pretty sure that's Grinspoon It's got to be some interesting breeding stock, would be my guess, considering it's heritage.

Last edited:
TSD

TSD

actually the description of Dr Grinspoon I read on MGS sounds almost exactly like it; "Dr Grinspoon will grow carelessly tall with fragile stems which will fill out with small, compact glazed buds."...
Yeah I just looked up Dr. Grinspoon and it definitely looks like that's what op's plant is... it says patience is required for the 13-14 week flower time and it sounds like it's a bangin strain. Cure that shit up and treat those baby buds like pre measured bowls... like sugar cubes but w weed... "Do you take one bud or two?"

harryohm

harryohm

And definitely add more supports to that beast. Would be a shame for it to put on weight then break after wind and rain. Isn’t this plant weird and great all at the same time?
Perfect description, "weird and great all at the same time"!!! Hah!!! Thanks, and of course I will let nothing happen to it and support it for as long as it lasts. and if it's still going strong after I harvest everything else maybe I'll put it back in the green house, though I'd have to do a little LST to make it fit...

harryohm

harryohm

Kinda looks like a male hemp plant or a wild cannabis plant, which is usually thinner-stringy leaves...

Is there a hemp farm near you? We know someone that had about an acre of about 300 plants, but the hemp farm that was about 30 miles away from him had pollinated his whole grow! 🤯
Wow, that sucks! there is a hemp farm about 25 miles away but this is def not a male as it's covered in pistils and calyxes... as someone else pointed out it looks like a lot like Dr Grinspoon, which is a very interesting strain.

BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

Wow, that sucks! there is a hemp farm about 25 miles away but this is def not a male as it's covered in pistils and calyxes... as someone else pointed out it looks like a lot like Dr Grinspoon, which is a very interesting strain.
Whaaaat??? 😲 There IS a HEMP farm near you? Well THAT'S good to know...🙃🤯😄 J/k...I hope nothing like that happens to anyone here on the FARM...🤔🙏👍😎🤠🚬

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
And definitely add more supports to that beast. Would be a shame for it to put on weight then break after wind and rain. Isn’t this plant weird and great all at the same time?
Yea, it's notoriously frail and difficult strain to grow, so the OP has obviously done a bang up job on grow. This might be a world record, who know's.🤣 It's big, that's for sure.

I get the impression your going to change your mind about some of those nuggets as time goes along, especially if there's no problems at ripening, and bringing her full circle, intact. It's certainly not a strain to be attempted in humid high north environments. Hope you've got a bit longer harvest window where your located.

harryohm

harryohm

Yea, it's notoriously frail and difficult strain to grow, so the OP has obviously done a bang up job on grow. This might be a world record, who know's.🤣 It's big, that's for sure.

I get the impression your going to change your mind about some of those nuggets as time goes along, especially if there's no problems at ripening, and bringing her to full harvest.
Thank you! It's over 10ft tall now and going strong!

Latest posts

Top Bottom