1 pound indoor plant

• Thread starter reloader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
reloader

reloader

Hi reloader
Do you think if running a 1000 watt would produce and more?

Hey, sure a 1000 would have better light penetration, but I feel my yield is a result of how I train these gals & extensive veg time. I create a canopy of 20 to 40 tops per plant. That's where my yield is coming from plus 10 & 20 gal pots. If you look back into this thread I have pictures of how I crop them. I don't top much or "fim" anymore, (don't need to). I just supercrop. I have some of the largest yields I have seen for a soil plant indoors. You need a lot of space to veg, because these plants take up a lot of room & you will need about 3 months of veg time. It took me almost a year to have enough going to have a perpetual grow. Now I have 4 big plants spaced out at 2 weeks apart. I harvest every 2 weeks, & simply replace the harvested plant with another.

Last edited:
reloader

reloader

Well my best so far is thirteen, & then I got a couple that were 9 to 11 respectively. I have not finished moving my veg room yet (which I expect to soon) but their are other factors, like waiting for the electrician etc.
Having more room to veg will be key for me, because I will be able to move around the plants easier to crop them. I have these big gals crammed in too small a place at the moment.
I am no expert, but obviously I have learned the yields I want all come from vegging, So I will still keep (2) 400 mh lights going for veg, & have my clones on a heating pad on table. I will have more pics soon. I have some big ones looming.

reloader

reloader

Ec4
Here was one recently(hard to see buds because they all flopped over when I removed to harvest) that I got 10 off of, Cenex. So sweet & pungent, with a 3 week molasses flush yummy!

BrianDirt

BrianDirt

Looks good, I upgraded to a 1k and will use the 400 for the veg room now. I would love to get 8-10 oz a plant} Like you said veg them up.

reloader

reloader

Here is a few pics of a couple current gals . The neat thing about always having your plants spaced out, (besides always having bud) is I have plants going at all stages of flower all the time. I really enjoy just working on them and observing them at their various growth stages.

I am digging the window feature on this latest tent I got, pretty cool to look in see temp & take a quick look without bothering anything.
Wish I had some non hps photos for you guys because the one is about to harvest, and the buds are hard as rocks.

reloader

reloader

Got a big Pineapple here, these pics are at 42 days. I'm estimating her to probably give 12 oz's or so dry. I know how to get a pound now, I just don't have enough veg space at the moment (soon though) to house and veg the girls as big as I need them yet. The pd will definitely come from the Pineapple, she is a giver, with foot long buds.
Big p3
Big p
Big p

sixstring

sixstring

Nice rl, that last shot of the pc is lookin mighty chunky.what were all those other monsters you posted :)

irishboiii

irishboiii

Man I really enjoyed this thread, your a great grower my friend! Im a noob myself but intend to do loads of grows with just 1 monster plant each time.

I just hope I dont mess up when topping or scrogging, or training them! Sounds easy but not sure how hard it actually is lol

reloader

reloader

Nice rl, that last shot of the pc is lookin mighty chunky.what were all those other monsters you posted :)
I just run Pc & Cenex, that's it. I went through about 20 strains before I settled on these two. Both potent, super stinky and flower fast, with fat frosty buds.
Since so much time & effort go into training, I'm really not interested in trying anything else at this time, I just keep healthy mother plants.

reloader

reloader

Man I really enjoyed this thread, your a great grower my friend! Im a noob myself but intend to do loads of grows with just 1 monster plant each time.

I just hope I dont mess up when topping or scrogging, or training them! Sounds easy but not sure how hard it actually is lol

Its not that hard, but it does take effort and a willingness to work & problem solve your plants a lot.
I have been able to have a continual perpetual grow with only 4 plants that yields me close to an ounce per day dry everyday. When I harvest, I just replace the space with a new one, harvest every 2 weeks.

irishboiii

irishboiii

Sounds awesome! Itl be a while before Il have the space for multiple grows, but I hope to grow like you some day.

How long you been growing? And what were the biggest mistakes you made as a beginner?

Sorry for hijacking your thread with these unrelated questions lol

reloader

reloader

Sounds awesome! Itl be a while before Il have the space for multiple grows, but I hope to grow like you some day.

How long you been growing? And what were the biggest mistakes you made as a beginner?

Sorry for hijacking your thread with these unrelated questions lol
I am nothing special. I just took the time to research, but most of my grow yields come from trial & error.

I have been growing for about 4 years, & the biggest mistake I made was not checking for mites, they pretty much destroyed my first crop. Then I got a microscope, and read everything I could about them.
Here is the thing, I don't work, so I am always with my plants, everyday checking them training them and always making adjustments. I don't like to leave my house for to long, either ( I start worrying about my plants). Like anything, you will get out of your grow, what you put in. We all have our niche, I am not interested in breeding or even trying new strains, I just want to grow my big plants!

Last edited:
ttystikk

ttystikk

Time to rethink your tops, my friend. I'm sure you could get elbows out of your girls if you did a little more aggressive canopy management, with the aim of a tightly packed trellis all holding the buds the right distance from the bulb. As it is, some of your fattest buds get a little too close- not only does that damage the bud, but it shields a massive amount of the plant underneath. You have great buds in your 'goldilocks zone' of ideal distance from your bulb, but again loads of popcorn just beneath that.

I'm sure you could get an elbow per with better trellising. Look in my thread, 'oh my God, he turned it inside out!' in the Trees forum. I'm playing with a vertical round trellis in the shape of a cylinder. I grow my veg girls upright next to a screen, so they're used to getting light from the side. I think you could do extremely well with one or two plants trellised the same way I'm doing mine.

For a vertical 600W bare bulb, I'd consider a cylinder between 3 and 4 feet in diameter, or 9-12' in circumference and 3' tall. Run two plants on opposite sides of your 600W bulb in that trellis, and I bet you'd get your pound- twice! Once for each side of the cylinder! No need to make two plants run the same trellis at the same time. If they're on opposite sides, just use two pieces of mesh like I did, so you can work with or even remove one plant without disturbing the other one.

irishboiii

irishboiii

You guys sound like experts lol

@ ttystikk, a lot of what you just said seems daunting to me as a noob. Is that normal? Or does it mean Il never be as good as you guys?

ttystikk

ttystikk

You guys sound like experts lol

@ ttystikk, a lot of what you just said seems daunting to me as a noob. Is that normal? Or does it mean Il never be as good as you guys?

I'm bringing new ideas to the table which can be confusing, as they often fly in the face of what are often generally accepted assumptions about growing indoors.

In this case, I'm advocating that we roll our trellis up and stand it on end with our bulb in the middle like a sulking baby in a playpen, lol. Now, when we grow plants up the outside of our pen, the bulb will play nice and not burn them.

I don't mean to come off patronizing, I think this is an idea that can double yields when implemented correctly.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom