10' x 10' MPB room build

• Thread starter TrichromeFan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

That is an incredibly clean setup.
Those are going to be some spoiled lady's.
Great work Trichome/

A

AvaJoe

Great show so far..Really like your style. Going to be great to watch the rest.
Glad I made to here. Thanks for sharing it with us.
AvA :smiley_joint:

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Just read through this seriously clean build and I'm probably gonna read it at least a couple times... Great job and dedication TrichromeFan! I might have to copy a lot of your design if I ever step up my game and convert my garage... :cool

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Loudblunts,
coming from a creative builder such as yourself,
that means alot.

Bossman,
I plan to keep it squeaky clean!
Here I am the over thinker, and still building (don't get me wrong, I love it so), and you are over there kicking off your second run! Awesome, dude! I am totally envious of all the experience that you are getting in with the system.

AvaJoe,
thanks for the compliments.
Welcome aboard, keep your hands inside the cart, and please don't track any mud on the floor! :D

Shady,
thanks man. There is much more to come. Please use any ideas that you like. I have a lot borrowed from others on this site as well. Share the wealth I say.

More updates coming soon. Got a couple of days to work on the project starting tomorrow morning.

Later, yall.

-TF:evilgrin0013:

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

TF,

What kinda progress did you make this weekend? Lovin' the build!

Thanks, bro.

Updates? You got it, B.

One more big trench, coming up.
IMG 1442

This one will serve as a waste water drain for the garden. The 3" abs drain pipe exits the building, and through a cinder block wall. Then it goes down about 2' into the dirt, and runs for 30' long.
IMG 1438

A bunch of large holes let out water along the whole length, and it gets surrounded by coarse rock, wrapped in landscape fabric, to inhibit root growth in the drain.
IMG 1448

IMG 1451

IMG 1445

Afterwards I built up some composted dirt, and added some bushes.
How much do you think that they will like the water and nute flushings? Let's find out...
IMG 1454

Also I got the drains for the MPB set and glued as well.
IMG 1468

IMG 1469

That's the big items this week. Once again, couldn't have pulled it off without help. See ya again soon.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
TF,

amazing!

did you turn that ABS for the leach line so the holes weren't up before you closed it up? personally, i would've pulled it further away from the foundation, but i hate to mention that now that you've got it dug and done . . . i say it now just for future reference.

'looks like you decided not to dw the underside. i was getting sore just imaging you trying to do that.

Papa

Giddeon

Giddeon

TF,
I have watched this thread since you started and you just keep blowing me away the farther you get into the build, very clean and very high level of craftsmanship, Watching your build definitely helped me see a few flaws I need to fix in my room build before I continue (more insulation for 110 degree temps).

I read though a couple times and didn't notice what size dehuey you were going to run, sorry if I missed it.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

TF,

amazing!

did you turn that ABS for the leach line so the holes weren't up before you closed it up? personally, i would've pulled it further away from the foundation, but i hate to mention that now that you've got it dug and done . . . i say it now just for future reference.

'looks like you decided not to dw the underside. i was getting sore just imaging you trying to do that.

Papa

Thanks Papa, I drilled 5/8" holes in all 4 directions about every 8" or so. I figured with the slope that it was on would help drain away from the wall a little. I really wanted to get those bushes in there, so eventually they will cover up a good portion of the wall. On the drywall on the underside, I meant the side walls, under the room. One side is done, the other is just waiting on me to finish all my penetrations on that side. The bottom of the room just has the 2" insulating foam.

TF,
I have watched this thread since you started and you just keep blowing me away the farther you get into the build, very clean and very high level of craftsmanship, Watching your build definitely helped me see a few flaws I need to fix in my room build before I continue (more insulation for 110 degree temps).

I read though a couple times and didn't notice what size dehuey you were going to run, sorry if I missed it.

Thanks Giddeon. I am having a lot of fun
here building this, and If I can help people out there with ideas, Awesome!
I have a 50 pint Frigidaire dehuey that I was going to try out.

E

ElViejo

Veg Growth vs. Flowering

Thanks for the wonderful descriptions and thoughtful construction photos.

Two questions:

1. What do you think total capacity (ie, number of ladies) will be?

2. I must have missed somewhere in the thread how you were handling the different lighting conditions for veg vs. flowering. Can you point me to that discussion?

El Viejo

G

GBOOST

Thanks for the wonderful descriptions and thoughtful construction photos.

Two questions:

1. What do you think total capacity (ie, number of ladies) will be?

Maybe you should read the thread rather than skim a few pictures, as the answer to your first question at least is in the first paragraph of the whole thread......

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

ELViejo,
as GBOOST said, the outline with the answer to your first question was in the first post on number of ladies. 5 in MPB's.

As far as the veg, they will start in another chamber using top feed for a couple of weeks. At this point it will be a 600w MH in a horizontal fixture. Then they go into the MPB's in the big chamber to veg for another week or so, while they are getting used to the lighting intensity of the 4 vertical 1k bulbs.

Hey guys,
I was thinking of running Hotrilux 1k hps, but after reading Jackmayoffer's thread with his rave reviews on the dual arc bulbs, I think that I am going to give those a go.
Anybody else run these yet?

sedate

sedate

TF said:
I was thinking of running Hotrilux 1k hps, but after reading Jackmayoffer's thread with his rave reviews on the dual arc bulbs, I think that I am going to give those a go.

Do it TF, do it.

I haven't run them yet but the science is right on.

Chlorophyll has four distinct photosynthetic peaks - two of the four are seriously left cold with the standard spectral output from an HPS.

The MH - especially the higher K ones - pick up the other two.

Wikipedia had a *great* graph illustrating this but it appears to have been moved. :(

Not to hard to find lotsa posters with cred indicating that a 2:1 ratio of HPS to MH during flower produces seriously better herb - particularly where trichome production is concerned.

Hard not to conclude that a single point source with both spectrums would be a superior bulb. I mean - the whole "Hortilux" subset of HPS bulbs just means a bulb with an extra dash of that high-end blue light for an extra photosynthetic shove.

Check out LEDGirl's subforum for more here - lotsa great info about spectral balance/spectral precision over there.

another_sellout

another_sellout

I've run them. They push so much more usable light to the plant you'll be amazed that they say they push less lumens. They stack nice thick, dense nugs, but run a little hotter. Probably not a big deal for your set up, though. I love it. It's not sunshine, but it's the closest I've seen. So bright it makes your normal MH seem a dull blue and HPS look like candle light. No shit. You won't be disappointed.

S

sdstoner

wow nice thread, you are quite the handy type i see! i read most pages and i too missed a couple minor details. 5 plants? nice. A ton of work I hope those plants give you amazzing flavor and yields... thanks for posting!

P

paulycali

Speechless except for that is one of the nicest setups i've seen in a while.

What you need to do is finish that grow of course continue growing but start your own company in all medical marijuana states building state of the art waterproof grow rooms. Absolutely stunning ones!

I can be a Rep fro you too! Lol!

Keep up the good work and keep developing new ideas

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Thanks sdstoner.

Do it TF, do it.

I've run them. They push so much more usable light to the plant you'll be amazed that they say they push less lumens. They stack nice thick, dense nugs, but run a little hotter. Probably not a big deal for your set up, though. I love it. It's not sunshine, but it's the closest I've seen. So bright it makes your normal MH seem a dull blue and HPS look like candle light. No shit. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks guys. I will be picking some of those up for sure.

Speechless except for that is one of the nicest setups i've seen in a while.

What you need to do is finish that grow of course

Just what I was thinking :D

Although.....
I still have to build my new veg room, and lounge/equipment room as well.

I'll be keepin busy.

-TF

B

bdakind

Very Very impressive. Way to take your time and do things right. Bravo..

Giddeon

Giddeon

Hey guys,

From what I understand its a 400 MH and a 600 watt HPS in one tube Rated at 110,000 initial lumens, my concern with running only this bulb is that you wont get the penetration that the 1000 HPS gives you and when growing 4 foot trees you need light penetration to the center of the plant. DD's says specifically not to use 600's as your soul source of HPS lighting in his system you need 1k HPS, to get the yield he does you need light penetration everywhere, so if you do go ahead and give those bulbs a try maybe use half the dual arc half 1k HPS,

JMO
G

for my dual spectrum i am going to be running a stack of lights in the center of my MPB stacked 400 MH hortilux Blue 1000 HPS 400 MH hortilux blue

Top Bottom