10 Year old Red Hash - your input on this topic please ?

• Thread starter DwR
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DwR

I aint a fan of this type of stuff thats been laying around for 10 years, whats your input ?

its supposed to be like wine some dude told me the nastiest teeth i have seen in years.. i aint believing him. and... well whats your input.. wouldnt the thc decrease with the years ?

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

It begins to oxidize before it even dries out. Unless it was in a sealed container, it's probably weak by now. Even in a sealed container it might be trash. Good luck.

S

SSHZ

I agree- there would be a substantial downgrade in potency at this point........ could be ok but probably won't taste very good either.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Sorry man, but that is probably that guy's tooth... YUCK! Good luck with that....

-nugzz

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Send it my way

Hash has quite a long shelf life, pop a chunk in your bowl/pipe/bong apply flame and find out for yourself. I'm pretty sure its not garbage JMO

mal

P

PoopyCoopy

depends on how thick the piece is,
figure it like a piece of cheese with a rind on it. The outside 1/4 will oxidize but that will also help protect the center.

D

DwR

k thnx allot so i was correct, the hash aint better than hash thats fresh.. easy as that.

B

bill english

What that guy said is actually true, however it does need to be high quality for the process to work. the purer the better. I use the water extraction method and the wonderful hash it produces actually gets better with age. As long as you keep it air tight and free from any contamination.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

This ? has made me wonder for years....i don't see any harm in smokin some and seein what happens haha. who knows maybe it's from an egyptian crypt and was imbued by the gods;maybe you'll travel to your star constellation or somthing like that? Either that or maybe the toothless bastard has it out for you and it was cramed up his ass for 10 years. In either case it's bound to get you fuccckkeedd uupp!:banana1sv6: lol Take it easy if you could post a pic and do a smoke report that would be awesome. Take it easy.

BTW red hash was found in an ancient chinese tomb and turned out to be the most potent marijuana substance ever found Source: Google

anto

anto

I agree, It should last quite a few years if sealed from atmospheric oxygen

O

ojd

im with mal

send it my way

first what hash is it buble/dry sift/import

if its import man o man that might be some super special stuff

any updates on what you did with it

peace

Reactions: mal
squiggly

squiggly

Depends how it was stored, its composition (cannabinoid/thc profile), thickness of the piece as it was stored.

If it was a large quantity I can certainly see it 'aging' through reactions among various terpenes and cannabinoids. Sometimes reactions take a long time.

As for the outer layer, it is likely shot--anything beyond the first mm or two could be the bombest hash in existence--you won't know unless you smoke it.

As was earlier stated, typically an oxidated outer layer forms on a sample, protecting anything inside from oxidation. I'd be much more worried about how dark it was kept during that time.

When we use magnesium or zinc in a reaction we typically take some turnings of the material and mash em with a mortar/pestle to expose the inner, non-oxidated, material. Without this step you won't get a reaction--have made this mistake more than a few times when preparing Grignard reagents.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

BTW red hash was found in an ancient chinese tomb and turned out to be the most potent marijuana substance ever found Source: Google

So I guess this means the infamous budder guy in BC was really full of shit after all, eh?

nangonug

nangonug

Premium Member
Supporter
If it's import then it probibly sat in some tent in the desert covered up with camel shit and what ever else you might think of for about a hundred years before it ever made it to you so break a chunk off and smoke it up ! Worst could happen is you get TB or something. Better just send it my way for proper disposal. Lets see I think I have the proper tool's right here. (hum...lets see...pipe, lighter...<quiet giggle>...) Yep I am equiped to properly disposive of that bio-waste for you. Fire is the best way to dispose of it!. :) lol....smoke it up for real bet its still got some usefulness if it was kept sealed up. If not then worst case is you get to taste camel crap. :p . Peace

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
If it's import then it probibly sat in some tent in the desert covered up with camel shit and what ever else you might think of for about a hundred years before it ever made it to you so break a chunk off and smoke it up ! Worst could happen is you get TB or something. Better just send it my way for proper disposal. Lets see I think I have the proper tool's right here. (hum...lets see...pipe, lighter...<quiet giggle>...) Yep I am equiped to properly disposive of that bio-waste for you. Fire is the best way to dispose of it!. :) lol....smoke it up for real bet its still got some usefulness if it was kept sealed up. If not then worst case is you get to taste camel crap. :p . Peace

Took the words right out of my mouth!

outwest

Top Bottom