$1000 upgrade - best way to spend?

• Thread starter Jumpingspider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

I want to put some more firepower into my grow. I have about $1000 USD to invest into my little operation.

Currently I'm using:

3 tents - veg 4x4 flower 4x4 clone/ mother 2x4.

Lights:

Mother & clone - 2x2 t5 HO, 300 watt (150 at the wall) old school Mars hydro led.

Veg - 315w cmh - crappy Chinese bulb and wrong reflector for the space

Flower: 315w cmh - good reflector, Phillips bulb

Fan & filter in both are decent.

3 gal coco fabric pots in drain trays etc. Canna , bloombastic, tea, etc

I could use an upgrade to the lights probably but I'm also thinking about automated feeding... not sure though.

Maybe I can seal the room and co2.

Let me know your thoughts, how would you spend the 1k if you were in my shoes?

1000 upgrade   best way to spend
ArrEll

ArrEll

I want to put some more firepower into my grow. I have about $1000 USD to invest into my little operation.

Currently I'm using:

3 tents - veg 4x4 flower 4x4 clone/ mother 2x4.

Lights:

Mother & clone - 2x2 t5 HO, 300 watt (150 at the wall) old school Mars hydro led.

Veg - 315w cmh - crappy Chinese bulb and wrong reflector for the space

Flower: 315w cmh - good reflector, Phillips bulb

Fan & filter in both are decent.

3 gal coco fabric pots in drain trays etc. Canna , bloombastic, tea, etc

I could use an upgrade to the lights probably but I'm also thinking about automated feeding... not sure though.

Maybe I can seal the room and co2.

Let me know your thoughts, how would you spend the 1k if you were in my shoes?
I'm going to say the Lighting. Not to criticize, but you yourself say it's not so hot, and it IS one of the bigger expenses. And as long as your Grow area doesn't get so big that you can't handle watering it by hand, I wouldn't install an automated watering system, either. I like to have FULL control of how much my plants get watered, as I grow only in one tent (small grow, two plants).

Farmer88

Farmer88

+1 lighting. Unless you are handy and have some engineering skill you can build a reliable automactic system using a decent logic controller with a 1k budget. But I think your money serve you better in lighting.

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

I'm going to say the Lighting. Not to criticize, but you yourself say it's not so hot, and it IS one of the bigger expenses. And as long as your Grow area doesn't get so big that you can't handle watering it by hand, I wouldn't install an automated watering system, either. I like to have FULL control of how much my plants get watered, as I grow only in one tent (small grow, two plants).

+1 lighting. Unless you are handy and have some engineering skill you can build a reliable automactic system using a decent logic controller with a 1k budget. But I think your money serve you better in lighting.
Thanks for the feedback. I probably will replace the mother and veg lights.

Top Bottom