1000w Hps And 1000w Mh Side By Side?

• Thread starter outback28
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

outback28

Will this lighting setup help in any way, shape or form? I know adding a mh bulb in between 2 hps light is the best but has anyone ever ran a hps and a mh side by side in flower room before? if you did, what was your results? I currently running a sog in a 4x10 grow space with 48 plants under each 1000w with 24 plants on rotation every 2 weeks ( harvest 24 plants every 2 weeks). I have 1000w watters per 4x5 grow space. I was thinking about flowering new clones under the hps light fixture eventually finish off under the mh fixture? What do the experts say?

N

Nog

I have done it and there was no difference to the buds under the MH compared to the HPS.
I was running a Warm bulb in the MH though, which has more light in the red spectrum than a Cool MH, which is mainly blue light.

O

outback28

I understand blue spectrum will not produce bigger buds but what about better tric development?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I disagree. Adding more blue spectrum up to about 50% blue to red light like the sun and with some uv rays has been proven to increase terpenes and canabanoid production in many trials.

I have added a 315 LEC to my Hortilux Super hps room and patients noticed the difference without me ever mentioning my upgrade.

I have replaced one of my HPS bulbs with. Hortilux Blue Metal Halide to see if there is even more improvement.

But environment and grower success are going to show much more gains than a change in light spectrum.

50/50 metal halide to hps in flower has been used by pro growers for years to increase resin production. I say try it! Plants appreciate wider spectrums.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I have seen where they use those 10k bulbs as finishing lamps for the last 2-3 weeks for a real nice bump in THC.

Bet it makes a nice difference in your 4x8.
DSCN0619

Oh yeah

O

outback28

Wow nice tric production on those girls. That's what I'm looking for. I just got a hold of a gavita 1000 pro. I'm going to flower new clones under the gavita and cycle them to finish under the 1000 mh in my 2000w flower room. Hope my girls turn out remotely close with the tric production like the ones in the picture.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Wow nice tric production on those girls. That's what I'm looking for. I just got a hold of a gavita 1000 pro. I'm going to flower new clones under the gavita and cycle them to finish under the 1000 mh in my 2000w flower room. Hope my girls turn out remotely close with the tric production like the ones in the picture.

You can get frosty buds under any proper light. I think it is mostly environment. And genetics of course but most plants will get plenty frosty if grown in a hospitable stable environment without chronic deficiencies.

The lights improve the results no doubt. But only a little.

Top Bottom