1000w light's

• Thread starter JAWS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

If I were you with the 20 amps I would rock the other 400 watt. 1400 watts is fine off 20 amps and you will have harder nugs and more yield. Also not too much more heat by adding the 400 watter.

Just a thought.

J

jakew215

yeah if that were true I would have been locked up 25 years ago - get yourself the thoughie and dont look back bro!

edit: lol see that you did already - if heat is an issue bare bulb/parabolic might not be the way to go - what you said about obly half the bulb being in play doesn't make any sense bro if you have your light in a "reflective" hood and as anybody would point out an air cooled hood can be placed way closer to your plants.

i agree with mother here. a big reflective hood would be the way to go. vent it out of the room. get it much closer.

light intensity drastically reduces the farther away. like it multiplies by square or something the closer it gets.

good luck man either way. lets see some pics! youll definitely like the thousand. and about adding the 400w, i have done this. i use it so when i introduce plants tomy bud room i stick em under that, its much lower, then move em under the 1000 after it gets done with the stretch.

C

cheyenne

Hey congrats on the thouie. Cant believe no one else said anything about your outdated electrical service. I hope its not old 2 wire. Does the outlet you have the ballast plugged into have a ground on it ( 3 prongs) or are you using a ground plug adapter to plug the 3 wire ballast cord into a 2 prong outlet? Ive seen lots and lots of trouble from this in the past, blown bulbs, blown ballasts etc. Just saying....

Top Bottom