104 degrees with 7000ppm co2...fml

• Thread starter fadetoblack1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fadetoblack1

My 8 burner would not stop burning today in my sealed room, something with the controller that wouldn,t shut it off. The room got to 104 degrees and co2 got to 7000ppm before i realized it. It was like that for about 2 hours. They are 1 week into flower....

how worried should i be.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Its definitely not good but all you can do is wait and see and try not to let it happen again.

F

fadetoblack1

Its definitely not good but all you can do is wait and see and try not to let it happen again.

I have had extreme amounts of co2 before and that shouldn't be a problem...the temp on the other hand freaks me out.

sixstring

sixstring

2 hours at 104 shouldnt be a problem,i had my a/c go down last year and my place hit 128f ,.for at least 4 hours it was well over 100.co2 was set to 1000ppm.some of my plants did the taco cha cha but they all finished fine.i run perpetual so there was stuff on week 1 and others on week 9-10

ttystikk

ttystikk

How quickly did you get things back under control once you found it? How long was the room up near those temps? I doubt the co2 will harm the plants either.

Because curiosity drives me to ask; did you have any spider mites or other pests in your room?

F

fadetoblack1

How quickly did you get things back under control once you found it? How long was the room up near those temps? I doubt the co2 will harm the plants either.

Because curiosity drives me to ask; did you have any spider mites or other pests in your room?

I have a minisplit in the room, so as soon as i shut off the co2 the AC killed the heat quickly. The room was at 100-104 for about 2 hours.

I am pretty sure i had no pests in the room.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I have a minisplit in the room, so as soon as i shut off the co2 the AC killed the heat quickly. The room was at 100-104 for about 2 hours.

I am pretty sure i had no pests in the room.

Your quick thinking may have saved your crop. Satisfaction should be yours for keeping a close eye on things!

If you did have a bug problem, this would have been the definitive time to see whether a high level of co2 actually does kills bugs or if that's just a myth.

F

fadetoblack1

Your quick thinking may have saved your crop. Satisfaction should be yours for keeping a close eye on things!

If you did have a bug problem, this would have been the definitive time to see whether a high level of co2 actually does kills bugs or if that's just a myth.

Yeah I always wondered that to. Back in the day when I wasn't running sealed rooms I had a BAD mite problem but had no way to get the co2 levels up super high with all the leaks.

whatthe215

whatthe215

104 aint nothin to worry about for just a couple hours unless the medium was dry.

i've gotten rooms to 125 for 2 hours (ambient co2) and all is well as long as they are properly hydrated.

some guys at the mag think 120f for an hour is a cure all for mites... i've seen the heat kill spider mites before but it's hard to get every inch of the room to that temp so some survive in cooler areas of the canopy/etc.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

Thats what I ended up using. After i prolly tried about 40 different other "safe" products.

I hate mites. Even though i dont have them *knock on wood* i find myself avoiding someones house almost weekly due to them. So many of my buddies have them BAD, i dont even wanna hangout with them lol.

Why don't you help them and point them to use some Floramite (only in veg not in flower). 2 applications 5 days apart and the mites will be gone for sure. That said don't go to their houses untill they have them eradicated for at least 2 cycles.

Trillionsoatoms

Trillionsoatoms

Hey
Bull shit. If he had mites before they would fucking explode at 100+ degrees. That said 2 hours is not enough to really affect anything especially if it only went to 104.

Hey DING, it was a joke!

High co2 can help control mites but high temps they will thrive in. Cool windy and humid they hate....

BULLSHIT!

Lmfao! Thanks for the laugh

Avid y'all...

Trillionsoatoms

Trillionsoatoms

... And go find some REAL bullshit advice to go "fix". That ain't me man, I don't bullshit. ;)

Top Bottom