10k, coco mod, 15evoxxl- raspberry, inferno, platinum, alien.

• Thread starter hogan400
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hogan400

This will be the full show I mentioned before. I been working hard on a few other projects and got very sick for a while. Things have been hectic and I been pullin my damn hair out, however.... heres the mod of my cch20 for coco and how it performs.

2x24k minisplits
roots coco, 7gal square smarty's DTW
cns17coco
gh micro
calimagic (if needed)
cch20 booster

my special home brew of tea, that works wonders!!

With some raspberry kush, inferno kush, grand platinum, and aliien og for you all.
Start to finish. Photos of the super simple mod and a build show for the drain to waste portion of the system, so you who have a hard time in water culture and are left with the cch20 system can do this on the fly if you need. Just drop em into coco, roots and all and follow these simple steps. I have had no stunting or issues doing this as long as first watering contains the tea. Photos soon

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
How do the teas agree with the UC?

outwest

H

hogan400

Outwest

Well, for all the troubles I had after my first rd, the tea was the only product to save my crops. Every time.

In my coco/Uc grows it is like running a supercharger, tuned in for peak performance the entire grow! (Even if its a shitty batch)
I believe in tea's now, where I used to think they were nothing but a hassle. I tried all the expensive stuff and gimmick shit. I will say it takes 12hrs to brew in a very cheap crude bucket and ts immediately available. No waiting for shit to break down in soil or coco. Its ready when you pour it in! All the bene's are mature, and micro's ready, including micro elements and nitrogen. Dont use it after week 5 though, unless you are battling rot. Its very strong with nitrogen. Also since I use teas now, my feeding formulas are a surprise to most. I have done away with everything except a veg/bloom single part food, a knock off micro, epsoms, and booster. Rarely I might add magi-cal if I see calcium whores hungry.

H

hogan400

I eliminated the return hoses with pvc caps, filters, pump, chiller and return fitting. I used a spare cch20 hose attachment from one of my many spare Uc's, to close of the large hole for air diffuser, also removed. I then installed the return pump in the old hose attachment location with a nice ball valve for ease of control. I will use a float switch to turn this on/off to remove excess nutrient runoff.
Important note: be sure and use the screen and filter attachment included with the pump, debri can clog it pretty quick.
IMG 7125
IMG 7130
IMG 7131
IMG 7132

H

hogan400

I went to the local depot and scooped eggcrate for commercial florescent lighting. Cut it to my bucket size. I used some old plant pots and raised these grids I cut above the water level. Keeps the smartys out of the water and dry.
This will work for any xl/xxl system.

I would recommend using a 5" round pot because its sturdier and raises the smartys an extra inch or two higher.
I used 7gal square smartys and they worked great for my last run. To cut these, use a pair of needle nose and simply snap the braces in the middle where you would like them to fit. Easy and simple.

IMG 7126
IMG 7127
IMG 7133
IMG 7128
IMG 7129
H

hogan400

I will show the full grow and add a finished room photo of the coco smartys vs the old xxl system working in its full glory. You guys are gonna be surprised on how the simple performance with the coco mod turns out! Granted, this home setup I had water issues, but I still turned out a couple other runs with this one and none compared to the ease and growth of the last coco run. 2+

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Very nice... Thanks for the step by step. How are to watering your girls? I'm in on this show...

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Pulling up a seat for the UCoco Show... Any chance you could drop some Picts of your offsite UC systems in full sub current culture action?

H

hogan400

Shady, unfortunately they're at my friends place, he's a stress case on photos. I have a shit ton of buckets and parts...a brand new xxl13 12 site on 28" centers for sale. One used 12xl 12 site w standard centers for sale. 2 more xxl12 sites in 2 weeks. Ima run this evo once more with this simple mod, so others who dropped major coin, can see that it works, and get a full harvest. I'd also like to show a full coco rd with just tea and base nutes, since I get so many questions about it. After, Ima sell this evo as well. I may order their new coco system. Its spendy but a clean setup and easily adjustable. Just wish it was 7-10 gallons each site, but since it is automated, the less gallons are prob no big deal??

H

hogan400

Here are some post txplant shots of the room. I need to clean em up, shave some legs and give em a little tea. Then clean the inners and some pinching, but they seem happy so far. Also to clean my mess up. Next couple days I will load some current shots.
IMG 7138
IMG 7137

BCboys

BCboys

awesome! They look great Hogan. Do you do any weaving in the scrog?

H

hogan400

Bcboys, no weaving, just straight up. Sometimes a 2nd screen though. Or over netting on em after they push thru. Thanks man, its been real and the holidays are crampin my schedule.

Mr postman, thank you much. I like the coco setup for the Uc modules. Easy and big!

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

I dont get it all???
You set water level right at bottom of coco pot and it wicks water or do you hand water???
I have some extra buckets mite give it a go

H

hogan400

BG,
Hand water. I'm sure some wicking takes place, but the smarty's are elevated above the water a couple inches.

dirk d

dirk d

The room is looking great hogan! Nice Mod on the UC's Good luck on the grow bro i'm sub'd up for the ride.

H

hogan400

Yo Dirk, hows it do bro? Havent seen you for a bit, I been super busy and neglecting my threads. Thanks fer dropping in and the room Is killin it. Did you see my other thread on the 12k flip flop? Going crazy man...
Back with updates in a day or three....lol

Top Bottom