10k uce 15xxl raspberry kush, GDP

• Thread starter hogan400
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
All4freedumb

All4freedumb

When I first got a chiller that could actually drop temps wherever I want I dropped to 62 under the same recommendation as ttystikk. When I was running at 62, my plants growth was seriously haulted. I raised to 65 and saw solid growth again. I have been staying in the 65-66 range with great success. I wonder though if some strains dont do so well in colder root temps. I am personally starting to believe that water temps as well as water levels are huge keys to our success and could possibly work better fluctuating. Thinking this I have been trying something that ttystikk came across naturally. I have been dropping my water temp at night along with room temps. I believe this has showed great results. I will be doing a test soon where I pull water out of the UC at night and pump back in for morning.. Recording the times my girls eat has lead to some good thoughts, I feel anyway..

ttystikk

ttystikk

This is interesting, All4- part of this is precise temperature control, and I've been having a problem lately; when I use a digital thermometer to check water temps (the weather gauge style, with 'inside temp' and 'outside temp' on a wire) I consistently get a number 3 or 4 degrees colder than when I use a simple, standard floating fishtank thermometer. Which is most accurate?

Also, if you watched your growth slow to a crawl at 62, then I fear that if I covered my buckets I'd have similar problems.

H

hogan400

Legalf, Im gonna brew the shit today as overnight some lovely cloudiness came back... doom

lots of info here so I will try to answer all I can in 2 posts.
There is a little light getting thru tops of my pots. I thought of filling and covering too...
When I vegged the roots were large and healthy. Ater the first die off the inner roots were roasted pretty bad. So I treated with peroxide and loaded into the new growstones after a heavy trim and rinse. I am top feeding with my sprayer at about 4ooppm with very little new roots happening. I need new cuts.

The bucket insulation will be good, it will allow you to contain the temps better and give you more control. My temps fluctuate less and chiller works way less. Saves a few pennies probably. My temps are at 64 -65 at all times.

H

hogan400

I have seen both temp meters be inaccurate man. The cloudiness this time has no real red color. Clearer. I also raised my water level up into the net pots to treat with the fresh batch of zone and clear any issues with the roots now that it seemed the ladies were moving forward.

fwiw, my last rd I rant temps from 62-68 and didnt notice any difference. Im sure my gauges are fairly accurate since I used 3 diff ones and they were all within .5* of each other. Typically the shitty floating aquarium therm's with the little green suction cup on them are pretty good. This fucking uc is getting under my skin now. All the cleaning Ima do is really gonna piss me off.

Legalf, I was thinking of just flushing out all the water for a few hours to remove the nasties and Zone, then refill and add tea? Is this what you did?

H

hogan400

Well guys and gals, I must say with great regret aaaand happiness, Im pulling the plug and gonna set the UC aside for one round..
I hate to do it, this thing isnt a cheap toy, and I dont wanna quit, however I have extinguished my monthly clone allowance and troubleshooting expenses for "any" single round to continue with another fail. hahaha

Either,
1. I have water quality issues I have to address.
2. The UC has toxic parts I cannot Identify.
3. My clones have a pathogen, yet they seem to root big and healthy before entering the UC.

My water issues started week 3 of bloom on my first run. I have ran r.o & tap, re-purchased all nutes, used most all root treatments and Im still having water clouding and root slime. (except ewc tea).
The system runs 2-3 days and then clouds no matter what I change, buy or do.

I will now be posting a simple table build for my room and going into the coco forums. I would however like to restart my next run next rd, or maybe a different location for another patient. I mean this when I say it, I really do appreciate all your guidance and support. Thank you!

Legallyflying

Legallyflying

Yeah, I just threw it in there after I got rid of all that things in there that would kill it... like zone or h2o2. You want it to bubble the tea bucket for a couple days though and let the microbes multiply.

I just use little pieces of panda film with a slit in them to block light from getting in the net pots.

I also insulated my buckets and my DIY chiller hardly ever turns on...Well, it turns on about 5 times a day for about 45 minutes each time.

H

hogan400

I Appreciate the info Legalf.
My ladies have no roots touching the water since I chopped them and replanted into growstones. Today it just clouded up like crazy. Tomo is tear down and clean up, then a move in a new direction with a new style. Damn. Sucks pretty bad, I really wanted to figure out the issue and finish strong! I def have some pretty sour feelings about losing 3 rounds of cuts to this problem.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Sucks to hear, I really liked having you on the UC side.. just curious, did you fill UC with just water and nothing else and still receive the cloud?

H

hogan400

Thanks all4,

Im not gone for good.
I filled it with water and bufferred the ph down to 6.0 and same, same...
I didnt add food or root sterilizer, so I figured there was pathogens I missed in my clean out?
After meeting with a fellow Uc grower last night I came home really wondering a few things. Is something in the system toxic Im missing? Or is it possible my G.H ph down is bad? But how likely is that ya know?

One thing is certain, I cant spare more time and money to get this rd saved, so I went into coco. Sucks cuz I really like the group on this side, and the system as a whole is very simple. I am sending a couple water samples to cch2o and moving forward with a better plan of attack for the next time. Like I said, Im not quitting just backing away. lol

Z

ZombieSlave

once I purchased some great installation from LOWES the kind you use on garage doors its a thick shiney material.
once I lined my buckets and my pipes my temps stay at a constant 62 no matter what time of day it is. I have a 8XL13 and a 1/4hp chiller.

H

hogan400

Zslave,
how old is your xl system? have you ever scrubbed the blue buckets inside while cleaning and leaving scrub marks or scoring the actual plastic? after talking to other Uc growers, and reading several threads, im beginning to gather additional info for my next run...

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

No scratches hear I been scrubbing some for around 2 yrs now

H

hogan400

really, I scrubbed mine once and theres scratches all over... also the plastic has a funny smell.... Bg you seem to have the most consistent success here so would you mind telling me your water type, r.o, tap, chlorine? also how long you let sit and times between your mixing along with how you mix?

I know its prob a lot of info but im really trying to figure out what the fuck I been doing wrong...

I read the heat from my alita can precipitate out sulfur if there is chlorine present and the air is hot going into extremely cold water..... seems far fetched i know. Also, If I adjust ph or add zone before letting the water sit will cause me some type of precipitation event... I wonder if this is why my water is going cloudy? Once there is a lock out is that causing stress and root issues ya know?

S

sourkush91

I have the scratches on my blue buckets that i have had for a little over a year... on my last run after harvest i ran an enzyme like sensizym through my system for a few days at a pretty hight water level and a very strong rate and it made my system alot easier to wipe out without all the scrubbing and tearing up the buckets... also i have never taken apart my system and totally cleaned it just wiped it out real good after each run after running either an enzym or h2o2 at a strong rate.... I have herd about people having problems so after this run i will fully break it down and sterilize everything... just chipping in

H

hogan400

I thought for a brief moment today to stack this Uc and my second one, still new, in a pile and burn it..... But I put together an evo6 so I could do more troubleshooting during my down time. It fits in the room with my drain table. I have a few more weeks til time to switch. Just cleaned each piece entirely before reassembly with bio kleen and bleach where needed. Couldn't scrub my chiller so I flushed the shit out of it. I cant help but think Im doing something wrong or something is toxic.

Back to r.o water, h2o2 to sterilize. Next morn add magical at 1ml per gal. Later that night add grow Ionic or dyangrow bloom to help root, wait 24hrs, adjust ph and check for cloudiness. Then add this fresh mix to the Uc with some cuts.

Ideas on mixing nutes? Its the only other thing I can do differently I suppose. My local water is from aquafirs and has chlorine added. otherwise the breakdown provided from the city is normal and looks good.

Thanks sour kush. I just cant even get a second round to even try and root a little bit.

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Im using RO water
What I do when mixing a fresh batch
Add dm A+B + mix then cal-mag + mix then zone and mix the shit out of it then its done, usually I dont have to add ph buffer its usually right around 5.8-6.0 no cloudy water what so ever. If my shit get cloudy Im gonna be pissed

H

hogan400

BG, A and B at the same time? cal mag at the same time with them? or each one within a few min or so of each other?

I add cal mag, wait 30, then A, wait 10 min, Then B, wait 10 and add to Uc. I add my zone in a 5gal to dilute it, and then straight to epi lastly.. all with the tap water, but I never really let the tap water sit and aerate any... I have also waited longer between mixing but seems to make no difference? Im filling my cleaned rez with r.o now and will mix a fresh batch up tomo morn Taking my time and see what happens...

When I use r.o I have to do very little ph adjusting at all if any.

Dollar

Dollar

I dont have a UC but a gettogro replica which is the same RDWC. Been growing a long time and I mix up the nutes in one container, a measuring cup. Put all the nutes and additives in the measuring cup. Pour all the ingredients in the epicenter at once. No watering down, exactly the way the nutrient label says not to. Been doing this for years with no adverse effects. Saves time!

H

hogan400

Holy shit Dollar. Thats outta bounds in my book... Look at the balls on you!! HAHAHA

Just when you think youve heard it all. Def not clownin' on ya, just getting in a good laugh. You must have something helping you out on a positive level.

Top Bottom