10x1000w Verticals - Final Plans for Layout

• Thread starter Mr_Marley_Jim
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jalisco Kid

I would go with less plants,as I have told some here I get more with less.
You seem to really want a nice room so trash the washer and go with fluff and fold. The extra space will more then pay for that service. I'd move that condenser unit. My attic is 140 in the summer. it will hinder your btu extraction. On your question about the pots I have no idea as I have never been a dirt farmer indoors. Ask TK.
Those 1000's in the corner will cause some environment issues. If I had to work at that place I would slam all your plants againest the wall hang a 1000w high and a 600 low. that is if you want to grow something with size. Otherwise just flip them small and expect you will noway get a kg a plant. I see others in different sys then mine claiming 3+lb trees on 40" centers with plants 40" around/tall. My 3 lbers are 6' tall and 5-6' wide.
I use 5'6" centers and my girls grow into each other.
Get a mechanics stool to work on.With my gm 1000's size it gives me just enough room to roll around my room. I love working in the shade.
I see you like most are missing an important piece of equipment,where's the speakers?
Suerte JK

M

Mr_Marley_Jim

JK - Thanks for the prompt response!

Unfortunately I just don't have it in me to knock down that wall before the first run, but you (and a few others) have convinced me to re-evaluate my need for a washer and dryer... LOL... Part of the problem is I just spent almost $3k on them bitches... :headbang

Live and learn...

The tip for the mechanics stool was clutch! I googled them and they're perfect!

As for the condensor I'll have to keep you all posted on wether or not I shot myself in the foot... I really didn't have any other option but the attic... It doesn't get too hot where I am fortunately... And the lights will only run at night... I may be getting another exhaust fan regardless...

I've noticed that the lights in the corners could cause some problems... They're heating up the walls like crazy... I have sheets of the pebbled 95% reflective material used in hoods (you can see in some of the pics), and when I put one of those in the corner it dispersed the heat? I'm considering mounting them in the corner's permanently... They're cool to the touch actually... Am I missing something? It shouldn't be a problem reflecting heat (and more light) away from the corners right?

But most importantly... My ladies got their very own i-pod and i-home!!! :sun

NIN is on repeat... What's everyone else playin for their girls?

JK - Were you pretty much saying you'd run maybe three plants along the two 16' walls and hang all the lights down the center doubling them up on top of each other? Would you try and rotate the plants?

Where's TK been? Hope he's all right...

C

ChilliUK

That S-Works is an amazing bike. Totally prefer the look of the 2009 over 2010s !!

B

bridgerMTkush

Nice setup..whats the square FT of your room..?? How many plants do you intend on puttig in there.?

A

antimatter

I see others in different sys then mine claiming 3+lb trees on 40" centers with plants 40" around/tall. My 3 lbers are 6' tall and 5-6' wide.

That made me laugh because its so true, people don't seem understand how much space it actually takes to produce 2-3 lbs of bud.

M

Mr_Marley_Jim

Ladies are blowin up! Really startin to take off now...

Noticeable growth twice a day...

BMK - 112 square feet... 8.5' ceillings

ChilliUK - I'm right there with ya on the 2010's... In my opinion they strayed from the 'All Mountain' concept way too much... I test road the 2010 and they don't climb nearly as well... And then they swapped the big ring for a bash guard... Dissapointment... If I wanted a downhill bike I'd get a Demo IIV...

Plant #1 - Lead Silver Chem
Plant #2 - Lead Alien OG (But I fear it's a male)
Plant #3 - Lead Chemdog D

IMG 1653
IMG 1656
IMG 1657
IMG 1652
500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

Just found this one
Any updates? I've been curious about the vertical done in soil

M

Mr_Marley_Jim

Quick Update

I snapped a few pics of the ladies last night vegging away...

Still working out a few kinks...

The room is getting too hot (95+) when all 8 lights are running...

I'm gonna get the new 2000 cfm 12" vortex to help cool off that condensor in the attic, I think this might be enough to bring the room down a couple degrees...

Any thoughts? Besides I told ya so, LOL.

I'm also considering putting my two center lights in air cooled horizontal hoods since they'll most likely have to be raised anyway...

It's my first time growing trees, so any and all input is welcome!

And do you guys run your floor fans 24/7?

Room Shot 2
Room Shot 1
Alien OG   Mother Theresa
Chem D   Cleopatra
thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

im curious to see if you run into condenser problems? ive seen others do this but never in a attic space. during the summer its gonna be blazing up there with heat. running them in a air conditioned environment inside the home in a sound sealed box with an intake and out take would work great im assuming!

A

antimatter

lol I don't understand why you guys put your condensers inside, only other growers know who is growing everybody else is clueless.

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

lol I don't understand why you guys put your condensers inside, only other growers know who is growing everybody else is clueless.

Great post.
It has takin me years to convince my self of that.

R

RMCG

Great post.
It has takin me years to convince my self of that.

Anybody got a source for a ~cheap~ 'low ambient kit' for window units? Seem to be ~$150 for splits and what not, but haven't seen anything for window units, if they are even available. Easier to move it inside, box it and vent/duct in the when outdoor temps drop.

A

amstercal

Making me wish I had my own. May I ask... did you get your Bluox in SoCal? No one I've asked around here has even heard of them. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

A

amstercal

Making me wish I had my own. May I ask... did you get your Bluox in SoCal? No one I've asked around here has even heard of them. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

M

Mr_Marley_Jim

It was H.O.A... Last thing I'd worry about would be having a condenser outside...

Amstercal - I ended up getting the CAP 8 burner... The blu-ox was going to take too long to get here, and I realized that I wasn't going to benefit from the exhaust feature...

Peace:bong2:

B

budbrothers

HELL TO THE MUTHA FUCKIN YEAH I DO!!! HAHAHA!!!

That right there is my woman, talk about the ride of your life!!!

2009 Specialized S-Works Enduro... Oh yeah...

I couldn't resist sharin her with the farm, hopin to fish out some enthusiasts! And I gotta say the pic really doesn't do her justice... She was just sittin there all hot and bothered so I had to snap one... LOL

iron horse sgs pro. fuckin sweet. love that bike.
http://i35.invalid.com/albums/d196/djsmalls15/bike.jpg

B

budbrothers

Get a mechanics stool to work on.With my gm 1000's size it gives me just enough room to roll around my room. I love working in the shade.
I see you like most are missing an important piece of equipment,where's the speakers?
Suerte JK
this is how i get around in my garden. lol i wish
http://i35.invalid.com/albums/d196/djsmalls15/2-seat-segway.jpg

i have this seat thow. they gotta be comfortable too
http://i35.invalid.com/albums/d196/djsmalls15/81c18_stool-for-mans-jewels.jpg

Top Bottom