11k Vertical Undercurrent Grow rockin Barney's Sweet Tooth X Soma's Rockbud

• Thread starter IPlay4Keepz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrdizzle

honestly bro I think 89 is too hot, especially because they arent trees yet. Once they get bigger the temps with shoot up even more. You will be happier with the yeild will 2-3 lights cut out and proper temps than you will with 11 lights at a 90* room. Ed probably right about a normal sized plants canopy but with trees its a different ball game

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

honestly bro I think 89 is too hot, especially because they arent trees yet. Once they get bigger the temps with shoot up even more. You will be happier with the yeild will 2-3 lights cut out and proper temps than you will with 11 lights at a 90* room. Ed probably right about a normal sized plants canopy but with trees its a different ball game

So what you are saying is because we are going trees then all that info about co2 i found doesnt apply? By no means am I saying you are wrong. Just want to make sure i'm understanding you.
I actually have a virtually new 2 ton window ac unit laying around. i might figure out a way to using it in my grow room :rofl
Its actually pretty good about staying under 83 degrees until the last couple hours of 12/12 when the mini-split starts to weaken from running constantly 4 so long. Then when it cools it under 74 it auto shuts off and lets the dehuey take over. -Keepz

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

The Co2 makes them handle the heat stress much better.
And if grown the whole cycle at the higher temps then it decreases the stress even more.
But when they are used to 80 degrees. The spiking temps then stresses them more.
Another option would be to have a few of the lights come on 2 hrs after the rest.
And go off 2 hrs before the rest. It would not effect yeild much.
I hope some of this helps. Good luck on the grow.

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

The Co2 makes them handle the heat stress much better.
And if grown the whole cycle at the higher temps then it decreases the stress even more.
But when they are used to 80 degrees. The spiking temps then stresses them more.
Another option would be to have a few of the lights come on 2 hrs after the rest.
And go off 2 hrs before the rest. It would not effect yeild much.
I hope some of this helps. Good luck on the grow.

Ok now i'm getting a clearer picture... They definitely have been growing under these conditions since i took clones from the 2 keepers i had and they have not shown any signs of stress recently. I did have an issue with water leaf formation due to low humidity and high nute concentration, but i fixed that and my babies are lookin lush.
I like your idea about having a couple lights go off during the last 2 hours of the light cycle when the ac is workin its hardest. It would simulate a sunset scenario in nature anyway, i would think. Thanx 4 d tip. Time 2 go blaze 1 and let all this sink in :smiley_joint: -Keepz

M

mrdizzle

a typical flat gardens canopy is much different from a 1+ pound plant. a canopy can be 90* and underneath it will be much less, and Ed doesnt say he recommends 95*, he just says it can be up to 95*, either way he is not talking about trees. with trees the whole plant, and room is hot, the plant is going to be trying to cool itself instead of growing big buds. trees are differnt from a bunch of smaller plants

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

a typical flat gardens canopy is much different from a 1+ pound plant. a canopy can be 90* and underneath it will be much less, and Ed doesnt say he recommends 95*, he just says it can be up to 95*, either way he is not talking about trees. with trees the whole plant, and room is hot, the plant is going to be trying to cool itself instead of growing big buds. trees are differnt from a bunch of smaller plants

And i didnt state he recommends 95, if you look at my post i wrote: As long as your root zone stays around 62 degrees ur canopy can be "around" 85-95 degrees if enriched with co2.
Ed went so far as saying that if you wanted to take full advantage of the co2 being used the "optimal" range was between 85-95 degrees as long as there was 55%rh and 1500ppm co2 available. Just regurgitating information and not saying this is gospel.Just tryin to make sense of things since this is my first time going vertical. -Keepz

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
There will be a shit load of people trying to give you advice through out your grow.:hunter: The 2 guys above Bossman and Dizzle are here not only to give you good advice they both grow vertical and know what there saying..Even with Co2 I would not go over 85 for a short period of time sure you can get away with it and your plant wont die, But it will affect your yield at the end ..JACK

K

kingtut

you're wasting a whole mess of light and could be yielding a WHOLE lot more.
First, you are wasting at least 50% of your light going straight up, toss those 1000's under some adjustawings
Second, put at least 25 plants under each of those set ups, you will be highly pleased with your results..

I just want to see you get your full moneys worth and it seems like you could be gettin a lot more out of your setup. Good luck

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
First, you are wasting at least 50% of your light going straight up, toss those 1000's under some adjustawings
Second, put at least 25 plants under each of those set ups, you will be highly pleased with your results..

I just want to see you get your full moneys worth and it seems like you could be gettin a lot more out of your setup. Good luck

???? for real???...But good job homie and i would listen to Jack. Peace HDK:character0025:

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Can't see the forest through the trees

You need to do your home work little guy....before jumping on someones thread and being clueless.

Run along now and go study up.....you got some circa 1997 recommendations going on, get with it bro, it's 2010 for christ sake. LOL

X

Xceptional

Keepz what strength are you using? i cant run full strength i hit 2.0EC at second week of flower following schedule! I've been just kinda of playing it by ear trying to go around 1.7EC before additives becasue when i got to 2 EC shit started burning. i'm running the same line of nutes for the first time but i'm in a Ebb and Grow.

also where did ya get them ballasts? haven't seen them black boxes and wondering if they are special or were on special.

Peace fam,
Xceptional

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

He said adjust a wings. LMAO

Yea that was pretty funny like watchin someone fall on their face... Anyway i set it so that 2 of center row lights, nearest the ends with the smaller plants, turn on 2 hours after and off 2 hours before the rest of the lights just like you recommended and I had a chance to monitor the situation and the temps never went above 82. Thats with the mini-split running nonstop for 12 hours on the coldest possible setting Lol Its dumping i guesstimate about a gallon of water every 2 hours in my RO rez. Now just have to keep an eye on the temps as these bitches get swole!!! Thanx 4 the tip homie, worked proper -Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

Keepz what strength are you using? i cant run full strength i hit 2.0EC at second week of flower following schedule! I've been just kinda of playing it by ear trying to go around 1.7EC before additives becasue when i got to 2 EC shit started burning. i'm running the same line of nutes for the first time but i'm in a Ebb and Grow.

also where did ya get them ballasts? haven't seen them black boxes and wondering if they are special or were on special.

Peace fam,
Xceptional

I'm goin to explain my ghetto ass way of changing out my nutrient water every week. Where i live there is no municipal water, its well water from a spring fed lake i have property on. I filter this water because its better 2 be safe than sorry and H&G recommends it.
I'm guesstimating that the 12-site 13g bucket system holds about 150g, maybe less, on its own since none of the buckets are ever completely full.
As I remove the nutrient solution i replace it with well water until my EC is like .1 or .2 Then i ph 5.8 and flush for 8 hours. After the flush, i remove 100g from the system and replace with 100g of RO water. I turn off the air pump and just let the mag drive run as I introduce part A. Let recirculate for 30 min. and add part B. Then ph 5.8 and add all their additives. My EC hasn't gone above 1.5 except when i mixed a batch of the aggressive formula and i had to back off from that and it was cut with at least 30g of well water LOL.
The crazy shit about it is... After the system has been topped off with RO water during the week, the EC will drop to .5 by Wed!! So i know they're CRUSHING those nutes. i've yet to wake up where the ph of my nutrient solution is all of a sudden acidic and only observed exactly the opposite where its gradually climbed upward. I could see why Jack tops off with nutrient solution and i've yet 2 figure that one out. I just add some A then B with air pump off on wed. til EC hits 1.0 and add a few tsp of Maxicrop. Ride the ph til Sun. when i dump my rez again. -Keepz

P.S. ballasts are cheapo switchable mag ballasts i get for $86 with 2-year warranty (like u'll need it). And then i get the Horti Super HPS for $63, all system chord set $14, S to H adapter $4 add 10% shippin = 1k of vertical shenanigans!!! As long as u hav the electrical all figured out of course =]

F

FileError404

You're doing it wrong...

CookSock
JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Exactly my point Bro here is a question he is asking King tut is growing with a 400 watter in a 3 x 3 area Fuckin joke

L

Loudblunts

lmao...damn i even went to that thread too.... i didnt notice it was the same kat!!!!

lmao!

Top Bottom