12-12 from seed in coco

• Thread starter del66666
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

del66666

hi peeps , i have been doing 12-12 from seed for a while now, also changed from soil to coco a while back,. i use hesi, canna, pk 13/14 and hammerhead pk.........heres a few pics of some ive done..these are grapefruit

12 12 from seed in coco
12 12 from seed in coco 2
12 12 from seed in coco 3
12 12 from seed in coco 4
S

Snow Crash

I ran 12/12 from seed a few times and didn't like what I saw.

The first 2 weeks are seedling weeks anyway. It's not like you're going to get flowers in under 15 days. Generally, I'd start to see the tops begin to flower around the 20th day of 12/12 from seed. From that point forward, then I'd be looking at the 8 to 10 weeks flowering time. In total that'd be somewhere around 75 to 90 days start to finish depending on the phenotype.

I figured if the first 2-3 weeks of 12/12 aren't getting me anywhere any faster then I might as well push as much energy as I can at them to get them as big as possible. What I'll do is run them on an 18/6 for the first 3 weeks. When I flip them to 12/12 they are easily twice they size they would have been while on 12/12 the entire time. Since they are more mature, flowering kicks in quickly, and they finish about a week later than they would have going 12/12 from seed.

I honestly think that 12/12 from seed is a mistake for most strains. Northern Lights is a good strain for this purpose from what I have seen, but not all strains are designed for this.

Every plant needs at least the first 2 weeks to establish itself. You may as well push a little extra energy during that period of time since 12/12 lighting won't initiate flowering at that point.

D

del66666

I ran 12/12 from seed a few times and didn't like what I saw.

The first 2 weeks are seedling weeks anyway. It's not like you're going to get flowers in under 15 days. Generally, I'd start to see the tops begin to flower around the 20th day of 12/12 from seed. From that point forward, then I'd be looking at the 8 to 10 weeks flowering time. In total that'd be somewhere around 75 to 90 days start to finish depending on the phenotype.

I figured if the first 2-3 weeks of 12/12 aren't getting me anywhere any faster then I might as well push as much energy as I can at them to get them as big as possible. What I'll do is run them on an 18/6 for the first 3 weeks. When I flip them to 12/12 they are easily twice they size they would have been while on 12/12 the entire time. Since they are more mature, flowering kicks in quickly, and they finish about a week later than they would have going 12/12 from seed.

I honestly think that 12/12 from seed is a mistake for most strains. Northern Lights is a good strain for this purpose from what I have seen, but not all strains are designed for this.

Every plant needs at least the first 2 weeks to establish itself. You may as well push a little extra energy during that period of time since 12/12 lighting won't initiate flowering at that point.

well so far ive found several strains that work......guess each to his own mate...

D

del66666

bubblebombs........my own breed........thc bomb x bubblegum...

DSCF5756
DSCF5757
DSCF5758
marski420

marski420

well so far ive found several strains that work......guess each to his own mate...

Just because something works doesn't make it the best... You would be wise to listen to people here at the farm, you could have harvested DOUBLE if you didn't start in 12/12. If you like running tiny plants keep at what you're doing.

B

bckwht

great job del, i tried this with great success on my very first grow. really kills me that you post up pics of what looks to be multiple successful runs using this style and the first person to comment tries to knock ya, if its aint broke dont fix it and your plants are killin it in my opinion....

Its mindblowing to me because im a stonecold lover of pot in every possible manner, so a god damn green plant with some huge sticky buds like you've showed us is all growers like you and i need to sleep at night haha also last time i checked 2-3oz a plant is not even close to what anyone considers "tiny"

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Wow 2-3 per is bitchin' for them lil gals. Thx for posting up. I'm impressed that you can get colas that size from seed. Keep on keeping on amigo. Lol - not everyone has the same snags & needs. Ergo, not everyone is looking to maximize yield. I think if you're not playing around with your plants & techniques, you'remissing out on a lot of fun.

D

del66666

Just because something works doesn't make it the best... You would be wise to listen to people here at the farm, you could have harvested DOUBLE if you didn't start in 12/12. If you like running tiny plants keep at what you're doing.

firstly i didnt say it was the best and secondly im not a sheep.......thanx for your input..lol

D

del66666

great job del, i tried this with great success on my very first grow. really kills me that you post up pics of what looks to be multiple successful runs using this style and the first person to comment tries to knock ya, if its aint broke dont fix it and your plants are killin it in my opinion....

Its mindblowing to me because im a stonecold lover of pot in every possible manner, so a god damn green plant with some huge sticky buds like you've showed us is all growers like you and i need to sleep at night haha also last time i checked 2-3oz a plant is not even close to what anyone considers "tiny"

cheers mate. people who knock it either have never tried it or they just didnt make a good job at it .....no worry , takes all sorts

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
awesome 12/12 from seed grow - good genes but you have that dialed too - mad props

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Looks pretty good to me for 12/12 from seed runs, nice big colas. However, I would say some of your plants look very over-nuted! Less is more, so kick down your EC a bit and your girls will look healthier and more lush.

Top Bottom