• Start date
  • Tagged users None
N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
This is the unknown 'Mix' strain by Anesia, only 2 plants
60756 2

This one leans indica, grows bright yellowish flowers, that are less elongated which is typically indica. It visibly has problems with the heat.
60764 1

60765 6

These are the least affected by the unusual treatment. Once I saw the heatstress I placed them at the sides (they are more stocky than the other plants) and just accept for the time a bit less growth from not optimal lighting out.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Here is Cherry Kiss from Anesia, 2 plants:
60761 3

60761 1

60761 5

This genetic has the biggest problems, it grows alot of elongated fancy sugarleaves and has only about half the budmass of the other plants.
Though the plant in the first 2 pictures grew to be the tallest plant with also many sideshoots, so it grew good, just not much flowers, or resin.

The 2nd plant now perked visibly up within the last week and got relocated to a centerspot. The other got another closeup sidelight in hopes to help via increased transpiration.
This plant releases the strongest smell so far, which is remniscient of tropical fruits.

Ah yeah and I forgot, the Future#1 doesn't smell much at all and has also almost no resin lmao

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
The rest - the remaining majority of plants - are 'Night, Night' from KFCseeds. This is the strongest genetic currently in terms of resin and some plants have plenty of budsites which fill out already.
60757 3

60758 1
60758 4

60760 2

60762 3

60763 7

60763 3

The only unusual thing I found so far are some minor occassionally grown sugarleaf which twists. But this seems to have stopped by now.

This one seems to develop full colas of buds and also frosty leaves, I'm curious about it's medical properties, it should be a highly sedative strain.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
just dropping in here to say, goddamn am i super stoked to see a thread like this again. it's been YEARS since a real thread like this has cropped up. Excellent work, going to dig into your findings when i'm of a more sober mind.
Hey tobh, it's an honour to have caught your attention. You must know, in my early days, long before I had an acc here, the occassional google search brought me here and I can still remember reading you from back then. And Dirtbag, Seamaiden, and Aquaman (at Rollitup IIRC).

Just the other day had a chat with tystikk why the forums become more deserted, at least, so it seems to me.

Even though today we almost know everything from science, still, I like to experiment and tap into th unknown, albeit with crude underground methods.
If it turns out that a 28h photoperiod flowers out properly there could be an adaptation to either longer light or darkness - somewhere in between 16/12 & 12/16.
Theoretically more light could equate more growth for photoperiodic plants. But one could also pick the same DLI/same cost just less PPFD/smaller lamp.
Or save on electricity. At ICMag some sativa-growers prefer 13h of darkness to better ripe them out, or some strains hardly finish. Could 16h darkness have even greater effect?
It remains to be seen...

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Hey tobh, it's an honour to have caught your attention. You must know, in my early days, long before I had an acc here, the occassional google search brought me here and I can still remember reading you from back then. And Dirtbag, Seamaiden, and Aquaman (at Rollitup IIRC).

Just the other day had a chat with tystikk why the forums become more deserted, at least, so it seems to me.

Even though today we almost know everything from science, still, I like to experiment and tap into th unknown, albeit with crude underground methods.
If it turns out that a 28h photoperiod flowers out properly there could be an adaptation to either longer light or darkness - somewhere in between 16/12 & 12/16.
Theoretically more light could equate more growth for photoperiodic plants. But one could also pick the same DLI/same cost just less PPFD/smaller lamp.
Or save on electricity. At ICMag some sativa-growers prefer 13h of darkness to better ripe them out, or some strains hardly finish. Could 16h darkness have even greater effect?
It remains to be seen...
Love the way you think.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I’ve kinda got my plans already but if you were to have total control over ppfd of each spectrum independently in terms of intensity and on off time, spectrum being blue white red green far red and uva, what is your feeling on where you would set it? 6’ of usable vertical space in a 4x8x8 under CO2 VPD perfect every single plant need met? 8 plants total. Going for max cannabinoids first terpenes second and yield third.

I know you have seen the same research I have🤔

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

If there is any Sativa dominant genetics in that line I can almost guarantee your gonna get a lot of foxtailing issues in late flower when running that 14/14 experiment. I get foxtails sometimes in 12/12 the pure sativa stuff likes 11/13 or even 10/14 in late flower. I bet doing this experiment of 14/14 with a pure indica strain would likely result in a better yield in the end cuz they handle the light cycle better. Either way this is a cool experiment and very unique how you are growing the plants in that vertical cylindrical cage. Keep it up man! 👍

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This is a thread i have to sit down and really read… it contains really good info that deserves time to really digest and understand and some great foresight.

Im still curious af where your wealth of knowledge comes from lol. I dont think i read more than a couple of your posts to really peak my curiosity and know you’re far from the average bear but i wont speculate.

I really need to make some time to pay attention to this

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
I’ve kinda got my plans already but if you were to have total control over ppfd of each spectrum independently in terms of intensity and on off time, spectrum being blue white red green far red and uva, what is your feeling on where you would set it? 6’ of usable vertical space in a 4x8x8 under CO2 VPD perfect every single plant need met? 8 plants total. Going for max cannabinoids first terpenes second and yield third.

I know you have seen the same research I have🤔
What's the colour temp of your white chip? Are you using a green monochromatic diode? And what's the wavelength of your UVA diodes?
I assume (royal) blue 445nm, red = 660nm & FR = 730nm diodes?

What's the genetic you grow there?

I believe spectrum should be slightly adapted for each growth stage, and the phases should differentiate between clone, early veg, late veg, stretch, early middle & late flower.
But genetics weigh also in here, esp. if stretch is needed or needs to be suppressed. So a good spec could be meh for other plants. Some of this can be easily manipulated by the ratio of farred : red/blue.

The way how individual colours/wavelengths affect plants change also with the fluencerate. This is especially true for UV, green & farred.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
So good sunday farmers, here's a tiny update on the 14/14 experiment.

Day 51 of bloom:

This is the most vigorous plant, in a corner, and the only 1 in a root pouche, which can hold half a liter more soil than the other plastic pots. Plus, more oxygen ;)

My overall impression is that 14/14 delayed the onset of flowering, like transitioning into. Other, more sativa-dom. strains are still not fully at buckling flowers up, and even that one does create new flowers after flowers. Plants sport more sugarleaves which I don't like but may be a condition to set the stage for high mass gains...

M

mannitu68

Saw two YT interviews with him where he said UVB for +THC doesn't work, refering to Magagnini et al, and that Lydon was in error, but I just can't follow his argument. And wish he would get to the bottom of this, I personally think it's genetic/chemotype based. And that UV needs to be dialed in properly in relation to the other light. As there are many who swear by it, but also say that even UVA already does the job to some extent.
UV doesnt raise THC simple as that. Even if some wild granpas, that sell UV-bars in their freetime, try to tell people that plants only produce THC as a natural "UV-Barrier". Yeah i guess i would also disable my comments if i lied that obvious. I really forgot the name, was it maybe "Connecticut Lightsheds"?It doesnt raise THC and even that "increased oils and flavours" doesnt have any solid basis. But people like chasing dreams. If its fun to take care for your plants, set up lights and play with them.well what difference does it make in the end, if theres more THC or not.

Last edited:
R

ritoMox

UV doesnt raise THC simple as that. Even if some wild granpas, that sell UV-bars in their freetime, try to tell people that plants only produce THC as a natural "UV-Barrier". Yeah i guess i would also disable my comments if i lied that obvious. I really forgot the name, was it maybe "Connecticut Lightsheds"?It doesnt raise THC and even that "increased oils and flavours" doesnt have any solid basis. But people like chasing dreams. If its fun to take care for your plants, set up lights and play with them.well what difference does it make in the end, if theres more THC or not.
So how does the plant protect itself in harsh UV conditions?
"what difference does it make in the end, if theres more THC or not". Agreed. Too much contention in what is supposed to be an enjoyable partaking. Do what make you happy!✌️

Last edited:
R

ritoMox

So good sunday farmers, here's a tiny update on the 14/14 experiment.

Day 51 of bloom:
View attachment 1268864
This is the most vigorous plant, in a corner, and the only 1 in a root pouche, which can hold half a liter more soil than the other plastic pots. Plus, more oxygen ;)

My overall impression is that 14/14 delayed the onset of flowering, like transitioning into. Other, more sativa-dom. strains are still not fully at buckling flowers up, and even that one does create new flowers after flowers. Plants sport more sugarleaves which I don't like but may be a condition to set the stage for high mass gains...
Dude, just fuk'n WOW!

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
So how does the plant protect itself in harsh UV conditions?
"what difference does it make in the end, if theres more THC or not". Agreed. Too much contention in what is supposed to be an enjoyable partaking. Do what make you happy!✌️
The UV, in fact, the presence of alot of individual colours of light have been time and again shown that the spectrum affects the chemical composition of the plant matter. Because plants need to react to a lot of problems associated with high or harsh illumination and developed intricate methods to offset the potential damaging light. By the production of sunscreen-pigments, and these capture in response to the presence of specific wavelength. Meaning the filter quite selectively and plants enrich themselves with a large number of these pigments. Many are still not known, but they keep popping up in experiments so they get labelled a proxy name according to their maxabsorb wavelength.

Many of the main cannabinoids absorb heavily in the onset of UVB radiation. Some UVA and violet. It does make sense to filter these out to protect the ovulum from the mutative or ionizing danger. There are other theories (evaporation, insecticide) why should not all of them be true? Living organisms have this inane plasticity that cannot be understood as working as rigid like a steel car engine.

And expression is also up & downregulated by control mechanisms which can affect a phenotype from a large number of angles.

Last edited:
beluga

beluga

I don't ever see it as a fruitless endeavor to try to best emulate the sun.
Sure, there's a lot you can exploit by manipulating and specifying the signals a plant receives, but I think you're almost always going to lose some of the harmony of a natural environment and, more importantly, not know the missing elements.
I certainly don't think we've hit a stopping point where "playing" with light spectrums is redundant.

R

ritoMox

The UV, in fact, the presence of alot of individual colours of light have been time and again shown that the spectrum affects the chemical composition of the plant matter. Because plants need to react to a lot of problems associated with high or harsh illumination and developed intricate methods to offset the potential damaging light. By the production of sunscreen-pigments, and these capture in response to the presence of specific wavelength. Meaning the filter quite selectively and plants enrich themselves with a large number of these pigments. Many are still not known, but they keep popping up in experiments so they get labelled a proxy name according to their maxabsorb wavelength.

Many of the main cannabinoids absorb heavily in the onset of UVB radiation. Some UVA and violet. It does make sense to filter these out to protect the ovulum from the mutative or ionizing danger. There are other theories (evaporation, insecticide) why should not all of them be true? Living organisms have this inane plasticity that cannot be understood as working as rigid like a steel car engine.

And expression is also up & downregulated by control mechanisms which can affect a phenotype from a large number of angles.
I got you. I was hoping we would get that members explanation.✌️

M

mannitu68

So you are eagerly awaited to present your theory.
I have a theory? Wouldnt it be more precise that you have a theory? A theory that a laughable small amount of light of a specific wavelengh causes unsual high increase of THC? Dude there is a world and an internet beyond Youtube videos and anekdotes. I know for a fact that there is no increase in THC, nada. And Bruce B. doesnt need to be "more specific" when he says it just doesnt happen. Enough has been done and researched over the last years, thats why you wont hear a single more word about THC-increase through UV, at least not from reasonable and fact-based people like Bruce B. or Shane from Migro. Yeah Shane for example sells UV-lights, but over the last years he made clear that there is not increase in THC. Because hes an academic and he can read. And he doesnt lie to people, even if it would highly benefit him. Unlike "Connecticut lightsheds"The internet is free, youre free to look for the answer. This business is not much different than the bodybuilding supplement-industry. Deceide for yourself if you want to get to the bottom of things or not.

PS: And please dont even think about asking me for a link for a study now-the answers are only mouseclicks away.

Top Bottom