• Thread starter Wavegem
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wavegem

Wavegem

CFl's did this
20121001 174812

20121001 174828

zero stretch. little money. Will be transplanting them soon to bigger buckets and 3000 watts of light.
The build is taking longer than I expected and have been trying to keep them manageable until the transplant.

M

mistergreen206

Sweet fucking lord you got some gear there bro .. I have to say that scrog is a thankless job in UC grows fuck scrog in UC... go cages are the truth ...you don't got to go vert to run cages just (kiss) and your good ....I never pulled 4 pounds a light like desert But with good yielders and a little work I pull 2+ all day with horizontal xxxl 2 plants per light .. I hope things work out for you bro .

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Good to see you are still innovating over there.

You using the stainless tubs this round too?

Wavegem

Wavegem

Good to see you are still innovating over there.

You using the stainless tubs this round too?

Ya I just finished my first run and it was a huge success.

To everyone

Thank you all for your kind words, we are all here trying to work on our craft in pursuit of a perfect run. some for the love and some for the money but none the less we are all here together. Thanks everybody for your help and encouragement. I will be here forever contributing anyway I possibly can.

I grew some trees last round yet I did not break any records or pull down anything that i can truly say is professional. There are much better growers more like artists lurking around that with time I see my self being as good as or surpassing. I do not claim 4 lbs a light and if ds is doing that which I don't doubt what he says then that gives me a lot of hope because it's possible and one day I might be able to do that too. What I did do which I am almost positive is right around 5 lbs a plant with 3000 watts or 5 600 watt lights per plant. I did this with no clone, but with Pisces hollywood haze right here at the farm. What's mind boggling is I did this with 7 foot ceilings. I am absolutely positive that it is possible to pull 8 to 10 lbs indoors per plant. Maybe more. Doubled I believe. It's nuts, it takes your breath away to see. I learned that growing these trees is not like growing regular sized plants. Everything is different and there are teqniques you can only know and learn by growing them and dealing with this much power. I am only focused on growing the biggest possible trees indoors here. Jk has a theory about head pressure moving nutrients water upward with such a massive tree. I can say that I doubt this theory based on what I have seen. These plants will get as big as you want. I will share things if anybody is interested

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Ya I just finished my first run and it was a huge success.

To everyone

Thank you all for your kind words, we are all here trying to work on our craft in pursuit of a perfect run. some for the love and some for the money but none the less we are all here together. Thanks everybody for your help and encouragement. I will be here forever contributing anyway I possibly can.

I grew some trees last round yet I did not break any records or pull down anything that i can truly say is professional. There are much better growers more like artists lurking around that with time I see my self being as good as or surpassing. I do not claim 4 lbs a light and if ds is doing that which I don't doubt what he says then that gives me a lot of hope because it's possible and one day I might be able to do that too. What I did do which I am almost positive is right around 5 lbs a plant with 3000 watts or 5 600 watt lights per plant. I did this with no clone, but with Pisces hollywood haze right here at the farm. What's mind boggling is I did this with 7 foot ceilings. I am absolutely positive that it is possible to pull 8 to 10 lbs indoors per plant. Maybe more. Doubled I believe. It's nuts, it takes your breath away to see. I learned that growing these trees is not like growing regular sized plants. Everything is different and there are teqniques you can only know and learn by growing them and dealing with this much power. I am only focused on growing the biggest possible trees indoors here. Jk has a theory about head pressure moving nutrients water upward with such a massive tree. I can say that I doubt this theory based on what I have seen. These plants will get as big as you want. I will share things if anybody is interested

uuuuummmm yeah I'm interested.

Wavegem

Wavegem

Techniques for growing massive trees in RDWC systems

I do NOT claim to have thought of all these ideas, a lot came from great people on this site that I absorbed from. Some I learned myself and am still experimenting. Do NOT take my word for it I may not know what I am talking about.

Some of this you may know some may be repetitive, enjoy.

Strain

Sativa dominant with a very good amount of stretch. Biggest dense buds that grow into each other to form cannons. To much stretch is no good you are really looking for some indica but fueled by sativa if that makes any sense.

Indica with no stretch is bad. you want the biggest most vigorous easiest will be your best bet. Wifi seems like a producer, I really like OG crosses to insane vigor and size. OG provides super dense buds.

Some strains just don't work for this because of potential indica dominant. My underdawg is a perfect example.

Everything else requires money and lots of it.

RDWC

It doesn't matter what kind these are just basic principles and theories I believe at this time.

Root mass is critical the bigger the better. Doubled said wider is better than taller. I filled 50 gal buckets, but ultimately you have to factor in water use, nutrients, chiller, pumps, air and space. I used a 9 inch flex air disc in each bucket that literally rocked the buckets when there was no plants in them. I put them directly under each net pot. The goal is to fill those buckets to the brim. Jacuzzi like water movement so the water is constant swishing around the roots. I used a massive 6000 gal per hour pump to circulate the system (there are 8buckets plus epi)and a 1 hp blower t hats 60 feet away running the system and around 15 other air stones. Water level auto top off r/o. Light intensity has a lot to do with root production but also temperature, humidity and co2which I will get to.
I use cultured solutions with a variation on magical and Epsom salts. I will not change anytime soon.
Flushing I learned from jack every week before nutrient changes I flushed with ph 5.8 pure r/o for about 6 hours on the night cycle. At first I used magical and Ucroots, but found r/o is the best if you have the money Ucroots is awesome because I noticed that before the flush tan roots then flush and they are shining pearly white. You use a lot of water a full system flush every week. then hit with next weeks schedule. jack used poly to cover his stalks, basically took black and white poly and wrapped so nothing but the stalk was coming out. He did this to create a vapor lock the stalks act like sponges and blow up 3 - 4 inches in diameter. Benderdundat and other people had similar results because of the Rockwool being wet all the time. Root rot is bad and this could def cause it so be careful. after they blow up remove the vapor lock so they can breathe. I only run sterile in RDWC. I will clarify more if any have questions. Desertsquirel said warmer water promotes root growth which is true, but bad for bacteria. If you use a well spend big money to clean it right.

Temp/humidity/co2

Current culture made a chart that basically stated hot and thick as shit in the beginning followed by a slow ramp down in temp and humidity. This is the concept. I ran 80-85 temp, 80-90%humidity and 1500 ppm co2 for 2 weeks. They exploded it's so uncomfortable you can't sit still cause its so thick. Right after the stretch cool the room to 75-73 f, co2 1000ppm and dry it out completely no more humidty, when the buds were stacking I ran 25%. They were rocks and the plants will now start straight up inhaling the water. I added at least 80 gallons a day back. Let it go a couple days and the water will be gone in your buckets. Lower humidity more they drink, tighter the buds are. Jack said high co2 for rooting high humidy high temps. Then lower co2 and plants explode. Leaf temps are critical and need to be consistent from top to bottom.

Light intensity

Jalsico kid said going over 80 watts a square ft was pointless unless using multiple light sources. Which I believe the ultimate setup would have a mix of 1000 and 600 watt bulbs hps and medal halide mix. Standard is top lights mh and verts are hps. What you are trying to do is fill the plant on 5 sides, top and all 4 sides just like a box. So you end up with a 4 x4 pattern on every side plus the top. Proper training is critical, I use a metal cage in the core of the tree to act as support in the beginning but week 4 - 5 I use a nylon trellises net to act as the outer support or skin of the tree ghetogrow.The idea is to get the most even distribution of light on each side 4 x 4. A quality light meter and Some time adjusting will Have you maxed out perfect. Some plants are different than others so you have to know what size buds your plant puts out how dense you need it to get the weight you are looking for. The ultimate lighting is a perfect mix of hps and mh perfectly even everywhere. Consistent temps right at the tops.

In a small tight space water cooled lights will be much easier to control than air cooling. Doubled is as real as they come and air cooling that much light in a small space is tricky. Especially when air flow in the room is blocked by a 7 ft wide plant.

Training

The concept is simple grow a scrog on all 5 sides of a plant. Top it as many times as you need to control vertical growth and increase plant mass.
Also super cropping does more than just control height, as the plants are damaged they react to that area and buds blow up big. I will continually break bend and damage my plants in a controlled fashion as this promotes more vigorous growth as they knuckle up and become stronger.

Nutrients

Cultured solutions is sick and will continue to use it along with magical first 4 weeks and Epsom last 4 weeks ds. I never messed with ph, 5.8 to 6.0 always. I found that because of the light intensity the feed chart for cc is just a base and you have to tailor it. Do NOT flush early. Keep base and bud boost constant the entire time do not taper off base and epsom. flush with Uc roots for a couple days one week max at the very end. They are working very hard much harder because of the light intensity and need food or will yellow up In a matter of days.

If all the factors are right you will end up with a monster tree that won't fit through your door. Good luck

Pancho-N-Lefty

Pancho-N-Lefty

EPICNESS Wave!. Thank you for your detailed how to at the end it helps alot to clarify.

PnL

Top Bottom