• Thread starter albewokanobe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
albewokanobe

albewokanobe

13 leaves call it thunder fuck

albewokanobe

albewokanobe

Can someone tell me the difference between feminized auto flower and regular autoflower

albewokanobe

albewokanobe

You can obtain male auto pollen?
Does pollen then create any cross with photo female auto seeds?

7munkee

7munkee

All autoflowers are “feminized”.
You can buy regular autoflowers seeds.

North Atlantic Seed Company has lots.

I'm not sure why would want to though, unless you want to make your own autoflower seeds.

Grower1974

Grower1974

You can buy regular autoflowers seeds.

North Atlantic Seed Company has lots.

I'm not sure why would want to though, unless you want to make your own autoflower seeds.
That makes no sense. An Autoflower is an auto FLOWERING created genetic.

Grower1974

Grower1974

The "autoflower" is just ruderalis genetics that allow the plant to flower without changing light cycle to 12/12. You can have both male and female autoflower, however most sold from seed banks are feminized
Interesting. I’m aware of the cross genetics of Ruderalis, but I don’t see any reason to offer a male variety, and I would imagine it would be even more difficult to select the seeds for it as well.

Edit. Just found this.

While feminized seeds are extremely common, and make up the majority of the autoflower market, regular autoflower seeds do exist, and even the male cannabis plants autoflower too. Having feminized seeds is a great option for large scale production as it takes out the labor involved in removing the male plants and helps ensure a seedless crop. Feminized seeds are more expensive, but provide the convenience of not having to sex the plants.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
You can buy seeds and grow Straight ruderalis plants, and use them for crossing, if you’re really adventurous!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Yeah, it is one hell of a marketing job! But the one time they might benefit you is if you have run a quick cycle outdoors for some reason. Or if you are indoors and have a terrible time, making a decision!😅 but we are probably raising the hackles of many auto devotee’s! Maybe they will chime in, and explain all of the benefits!

Top Bottom