15 mpb - 16k

• Thread starter mcattak
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

antimatter

Easy-
antimatter-
they are probably about 2 to 3 foot wide which might be to big...The fencing we use to hold the plants up run around the bucket and so when i trained them they got really wide..If they get to wide this time we will change things and will put the fencing on top of the buckets for the next run..

You said 2-3 feet wide and finished stretch? my flower rooms got 2 plants that size per 1000w right now and there only 6 days into flower (coco) id think with just 1 bulb per plant you would want plants twice that size. I think of it as overall canopy if on a horizontal garden you have 16-25 squarefeet of canopy per 1k you want to have a plant that covers exactly that much or if not more in vertical. A 2lb plant is very big and so is a 1lb, 2lb plants need monster size buds and if not monster size they have to be very very wide.

E

easypleasie

You might have some leaks in your room. It's not possible to pull the air out through the drains if there's no way for air to come into the room. How are you cooling with the a/c? Is the air handler inside the room? If not and you're pushing air into the room from outside, it's gonna create positive pressure and push air and co2 out any way it can...in this case, through your drains and any leaks you may have.

M

mcattak

antimatter-
-They were 3 feet tall when I put them into flower..That first day I also trained them by spreading them out into the fence...Agreed maybe they need to be taller but i have my plants only 40" away from each other and they might be to wide for the lighting footprint..These mpb's should have 4k around each plant which I will have when I add 8 more lights..
I am hoping most of my weight comes from the 22 gallons of root ball most of these plants have developed..
-The reason I chose this method is because of the plant count...When I start my second room I will have a total of 30 plants and 48k..I will probably give up some grams per watt but will sleep very well knowing I only have 30 plants in flower..Which is far less than I had in my flat gardens..
-Running pre 98 bubba and would be happy with 1.25lb per plant this first run

M

mcattak

You might have some leaks in your room. It's not possible to pull the air out through the drains if there's no way for air to come into the room. How are you cooling with the a/c? Is the air handler inside the room? If not and you're pushing air into the room from outside, it's gonna create positive pressure and push air and co2 out any way it can...in this case, through your drains and any leaks you may have.

Each bucket has its own 4" return t'ing into the main 4" that goes back to the rez..Which means 15 4" holes that I need to fill...The plastic on the outside of the room looks like the stay puft marshmellow man = positive pressure..The 5 ton air handler is on the roof of the room, but it should only be recirculating the air in the room..Right???.I think the positive pressure is pushing the co2 out the drain..

N

noone88

You are right, the CO2 is exiting out of the 4 inch returns. I experienced the same thing.

My next setup involves using multiple 1 1/4 quarter pvc pipes for drainage. I'll be inserting a T in the pvc with a barb for each res so the outgoing water from the mini-reses will not be able to pull any air from the room when exiting.

We need to seal up the as much as possible for the people that have to use propane instead of NG.

E

easypleasie

That could explain your problem. If there's an air return back into your air handler from the room, then all you need to do is seal up everything. If the air intake into the air handler is not sucking air from inside the room, then it's sucking in outside air and pushing it into your grow room. If this is the case and you seal the drains, there won't be a way for the air to escape and the stay puff marshmellow will blow up! Do you have a pic or link to the unit you bought?

M

mcattak

noone-
-Agreed...The funny thing is i have always used a burner..First time using a tank..Going through 50lbs in 3 1/2 days...Serious waste..The guy at the refill asked about that the other day and i said there was a leak in our beer system or whatever..
-Anyone using the hydro-gen from hydroinnovations..I understand there were problems with the natural gas versions.I plan on using propane. We are getting a 3 ton chiller for the 2 rez's and will have some extra chilling power

M

mcattak

That could explain your problem. If there's an air return back into your air handler from the room, then all you need to do is seal up everything. If the air intake into the air handler is not sucking air from inside the room, then it's sucking in outside air and pushing it into your grow room. If this is the case and you seal the drains, there won't be a way for the air to escape and the stay puff marshmellow will blow up! Do you have a pic or link to the unit you bought?

The ac unit??? excel air 5 ton

M

mcattak

There should not be any outside air coming into the room..The intake is in the room, pretty much just recycling the air..Because of all the cfm's in the room the ac blower and 4 5800 cfm (home depot fans that say 5800 cfm - who knows) fans there is positive pressure that is pushing the co2 and soon to be smell out the 4" return..Definitely need to get on that..

E

easypleasie

I just checked their website out to see if I could see how the air returns to the handler but the pictures don't show the intake. Do you have any pics of the air handler as it was installed?

E

easypleasie

I just replied while you replied. Since the intake is in the room, you're set. Seal up those drains and you should be good to go!

M

mcattak

Can take them...Most handlers are sealed right???

They claim to make these for our industry so I hope they wouldn't leak

M

mcattak

ditto..I will let you know how it turns out..Easy you in Europe..Early there...Huh

E

easypleasie

Nah, in the States bro. I get online when I can't sleep. Insomnia can be a real bitch when I don't have the right meds lol

I'm curious so if you can show some pics of the install, that would be cool. I like how they cater to growers :) Where is the air intake on that unit? The left side, bottom or back? From the pics on their site, it can't be coming in from the front.

N

noone88

They have an updated version of the HydroGEN which will automatically refire. It will be my next purchase. When it works correctly, the heat difference is very significant.

As for the CO2, assuming your AC is sealed (I have no experience with the excelair systems) and from the pictures, you're not aircooling your lights, i'm almost positive the CO2 is exiting through your 4" inch pvc pipes. Easy test is to blow some smoke over the opening and you'll see it go right into the opening of the 4" pvc return pipe.

if you have time, or next setup, you can take your pvc pipe, drill holes and use rubber grommets. Use some silicon grease and you should have a nice seal when you insert the exit tube into your pvc pipe.

M

mcattak

We have our air handler on its side because we are going to put a dampner on it to run a seperate room on a flip..The guy at excel, austin is really nice and will build you flanges to fit your needs..From what i understand the handler can be place on its back, side or sitting vertical..The intake is on the bottom 14"...They are really pricey but we had it up and running in 1 hour because all the lines are precharged..Would have been alot cheaper to buy a normal one and have someone install..$6500.00 for the whole unit with 100 ft of precharged lines and flanges..Unfortunately I am one of those people who spend more for the convenience of not having anyone know whats going on..The only bummer is the units are 13 seer not very efficient..

D

doubleds

wow I assumed in a sealed room with lots of flowering plants that 0 would be typical because the plants use it and there would be no way for co2 naturally to enter the room...I will be covering those holes this weekend and let you know...

Since dd is gone I know everyone will be looking for help from you guys...

Thanks

Very nice clean setup bro, very nice. Remember your plants give off co2 during the dark cycle so your constantly replenishing co2. I put a 12000 btu a/c in my outside room to cool it down (chiller,ballast room) this a/c wont run in the winter so i had to start exhausting. I am running through co2 like crazy 2.

you need to space those girls apart more, your not getting your bulbs on the sides from the photos i saw.

awesome

dds

M

mcattak

Very nice clean setup bro, very nice. Remember your plants give off co2 during the dark cycle so your constantly replenishing co2. I put a 12000 btu a/c in my outside room to cool it down (chiller,ballast room) this a/c wont run in the winter so i had to start exhausting. I am running through co2 like crazy 2.

you need to space those girls apart more, your not getting your bulbs on the sides from the photos i saw.

awesome

dds

Welcome back,

Stretch is over bulbs will be dropped today...About 20% of the bulb in the canopy right???

Running the plants 40" on center is that to close...

Desertboy

Desertboy

You sir are a cunt!!!!

but only because I'm jealous, top grow I'd give my left testicle to be able to grow like that.

A++ (You get A++++++++ when you hook all 24k in)

Top Bottom