150 watt micro scrog

• Thread starter ScrogFrog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bgsixxxniner

Yo scrog nice setup. Ive been wondering if u could use a hps for that small of space. I have a grow goin on grasscity w/ a box that small and im using 200watts of cfls. My box stays in the 80's. How your temps.

About 12-12, plants outside r already sexually mature b4 light cycle reaches 12-12. Bcuz theyve been vegging for 3 or 4months.

Inside we tend to flip switch earlier, which means just bcuz u flip to 12-12, doesnt mean plant will automatically go into flower right away. They arent gonna start showing flowers until they r close to sexual maturity. Thats why when you go 12-12 from seed it takes at least 5-8nodes b4 u know sex.

So thats why inside its bettr to just go 12-12, bcuz it takes less time to tell sex. Compared to gradually changing cycle. Bcuz if u change gradually, once u hit 12/12 thats when plant sends signal to flower, and depending on how long u vegged youll still have to wait 2-4weeks b4 u know sex.

Hope u can understand my explaination.

Anyway those girls will flower either way. Just trying to save u sum time. Holla

B

bgsixxxniner

Yo scrog nice setup. Ive been wondering if u could use a hps for that small of space. I have a grow goin on grasscity w/ a box that small and im using 200watts of cfls. My box stays in the 80's. How your temps.

About 12-12, plants outside r already sexually mature b4 light cycle reaches 12-12. Bcuz theyve been vegging for 3 or 4months.

Inside we tend to flip switch earlier, which means just bcuz u flip to 12-12, doesnt mean plant will automatically go into flower right away. They arent gonna start showing flowers until they r close to sexual maturity. Thats why when you go 12-12 from seed it takes at least 5-8nodes b4 u know sex.

So thats why inside its bettr to just go 12-12, bcuz it takes less time to tell sex. Compared to gradually changing cycle. Bcuz if u change gradually, once u hit 12/12 thats when plant sends signal to flower, and depending on how long u vegged youll still have to wait 2-4weeks b4 u know sex.

Hope u can understand my explaination.

Anyway those girls will flower either way. Just trying to save u sum time. Holla!

S

ScrogFrog

Whats good BigSix? so far my temps have been perfect. I have my light about 8 inches from the net and they love it... as far as the light schedule goes I had to drop it due to the gnats...

Hows It going Melvan ? My Scanmask Beneficial Nematodes just came in today and i will be applying them in a couple hours... Hopefully the handle business and fuck those gnats up!

I have more pics that I will be putting up later today

Melvan

Melvan

You should see all the gnats gone in about a week, maybe a bit more depending on the level of infestation. Wondering how much they cost you, I haven't bought any in ages.

S

ScrogFrog

I owe you big time for the info melvan! I paid like $21 w/ shipping for 7 Million of these little heroes. Im sure hoping they will take care of the gnats in a week. The method I used to apply them was I took about 10 teaspoons of Scanmask and put them in a cup, then I filled the cup with cold water. I let them sit for 30 mins as the box instructed. Then I took about 2 gallons of soil and moistened , Not too wet just really damp , from there I applied the beneficial nematodes to the soil and mixed them in as evenly as I could. Next I scraped about 3-4 inches of soil off the top in all infected plants. Lastly I added the moist soil with the scanmask mixed in and filled in the pots of the infected plants, then watered til' run off. Its been 3 days and I still haven't seen an adult gnat in the grow box. Hopefully the benefical nematodes are handling their business.

S

ScrogFrog

Refurbished grow box

I listened to melvan and scrapped the foil and painted the walls white a few days ago.. Also I put a door with hinges on with a latch and pad lock.

check it out.
IMAG0458

also heres a few pics of my grow cab with a 24" 50 watt 2 bulb t5.
in this cab I have
1 og mini mom
1 pure bubba mini mom
2 purple pakistan seedlings
1 DNA lemon skunk fem
1 nirvana raspberry cough seedling

all of these are in 5" square pots

so far 1 purple pakistan has shown sex and is a female.
IMAG0459

IMAG0460

Purple Pakistan Female
IMAG0461

og kush mini mom

IMAG0463

pure bubba mini mom
IMAG0464

raspberry cough (bottom left) & lemon skunk (bottom right)
IMAG0465

Melvan

Melvan

Looks good.

I'm currently following a micro grow on another forum that's completely contained in a rubbermaid box. He's 5 weeks in flower and they are doing great. Whole set up cost him like $75. Totally cool. I'm gathering the stuff to make one now, I plan to start sprouting some of my crosses in may, I see it as a good idea for sex cuttings and then just let them finish in the box for a bit more smoke.

Price on the nematodes hasn't changed too much. The last time I got them at the ag store, like 5 years ago, I paid like $15.

S

Swagnum grow-op

i love micro grows , gives us little guys a chance to be mad scientists. hey scrog you know what i used for mylar back in the day was those reflector thingys that people use in there car to keep the sun out during the summer you can get them for a buck or two at wallys or dollar tree and there thin and cheap so you can make cutouts for fans and to cover the inside of the door. hows dem ladies comin along

S

ScrogFrog

Im on 7 weeks of bloom .. everything is going OK.. the only problem I see is that maybe i left to many lower budsites on the branches of the the Larry Og and the pure bubba In the 3 gallon.. I have 3 pure bubbas budding right now and the 2 smaller ones which are in 5" square pots are nugged up real nice and dense going into week 8 while the bigger plant looks like its about 2-3 weeks behind.. ( a Lot of hairs are still showing and calyx's haven't swelled yet and not as much trichome production..) hopefully i will see some change within the next week I would really like to harvest everything together but its doesnt look to be reality. The smaller plants have a much more developed smell and are very kushy.. I was thinking it was either 1 of 2 things maybe both.. 1. i left too many smaller budsites on the lower end of the branches which is taking more energy to develope. 2. The light is too close in which it is only about 4-6 inches above tops.. But then why would the smaller plants be doing so well? I will have pics soon as I can get a camera with enough detail to show the problem.. hopefully tomorrow

Top Bottom