2 alita - 80 air pump
2 large commercial air pumps
1 alita 15
1 danner 2400 gph pump
12 wall fans
1 gen 2 co2 8 burner natural gas with titan controller
1 90 pint dehumidifier
1 50 pint dehumidifier

So we made this design and then bam here it is !
First it took forever to find a good spot and then we realized our plans were massive. As you can see we did it anyway. I wanted the whole 21 lights to fill it but this isn't the only room and 250 amps goes quick. The normal 17 gallon containers we use were discontinued so my partner that went to get them went crazy and bought the 32 gallon ones so went with it at a big price difference. The lights and containers are on 55 inch centers. I plan on adding more air to the system at least 2 more alita's soon. The system is all 3 inch and we only had a few leaks we worked out in hours. I was holding my breath at $32 per container and lid. We are vegging for 4 weeks in a smaller room and than 2 weeks in the big room. These pics are day 1 of veg in the monster room.
I will put the strain list as soon as I look at the tags there are a few different types. My only regret on the system is we put the pipes above a line in the bucket that looks like a seem just in case it would make it week being there is close to 500 gallons in there. So when we empty it there is still 5 gallons in the bottom of each one. The next one we build will be lower pipes. Sorry not sure how to get the pictures in order.View attachment 206766View attachment 206767View attachment 206768View attachment 206769View attachment 206770View attachment 206771View attachment 206772View attachment 206773View attachment 206775View attachment 206776
Now that's got to be one of the best setups I've ever seen. GOOD WORK!

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Hey man, sorry to hear about your yield issues...

Just wanted to chime in on the flush, as we have been doing a lot of work lately on how plants grow in the UC w/o nutrients and have been extremely surprised. Its important to remember that Nutrients are not food, they are elements that allow cellular operations to take place. Of these elements, the 18 essentials that we add make up 4% of the plants nutritional needs. The other 96% are readily available in the atmosphere and water.

In a side by side we did the plants getting pure h20 did nearly as good as the ones with nutrients (3 weeks of veg), and we have flushed for up to 10 days mid flower when more mature plants needed pulled with 0 blow back in terms of growth, health, maturity, or yelid.

Pruning, defoliation, nutrient profiles, transpiration and general expertise take on a much much more important role in the UC then in other media/methods of growing. Keep up the good work and I'm sure you will crush your yields in the near future. Ive seen the UC raging as hard as 2 gpw.

purpleberry

purpleberry

Seems like eveyone who needs low number plants runs to vert in the under current. I think setting up a hortizontal scrog 1 plant per light would make things easyer to hit 1.5-2 per plant.

vaporedout

vaporedout

sorry to hear bout the yeild as well but, THANKS for not B.S.ing us and saying.... ohhh i was at 1.75lbs per plant. it takes a lot to admit when you f'ed up, i still have a hard time, so for that I COMMEND YOU. good luck next run!!

MrSnakes

MrSnakes

Hey man! Great work and very healthy looking plants!
I realize this thread is a bit old, but I thought if people were still reading this that some advice might be helpful. I am not an expert, but I do have experience with farming the larger trees. You seem to have dialed everything pretty well even with it being a new build.
If you just CLEANED THEM UP they would give you that gold!! Take off everything at the bottom, gut out the inside before you flip them, top them once or twice early on, bend and open up the branches and you will kill it. Focus the plants energy on the important parts. You could lollipop them. Get rid of that airy popcorn, and fatten up the long arms. I'm actually impressed that you didn't have any mold issues either, looks really dense and healthy.

Hope everything is well and next time shave those bitches and clean them up man. I promise you'll see an increase in yield and quality, you'll kill it!

Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper

:) awesome grow! Looks like an efficient use of the space.

thanks for posting Bubblehaze.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

After careful review it has been determined that the plant problems came form our water. The reservoirs getting low this summer I am sure had soemthing to do with it. I am happy to say we went back to r/o and our problems stopped. Our water was so bad plain tap would kill a plant at its worse it was 420 ppms. The regular whole house water filter we were using was not doing anything.

So a little FYI for all commercial space users:
Water from an industrial area is most likely non potable. Apparently they are not responsible to tell you this either and after hurt plants and upset stomach's (That was previously blamed on buritto's from the taco truck)we figured it out on our own. It didn't get so noticeable until the water table got extremely low.
Live and learn I guess. Just try not to lose all your $ in the mean time.

Thanks for the kind words

sky_blue

sky_blue

Here are some updated pictures. The plants are huge we had to put nets around some of them because the buds were falling down. They look like a fat lady in fish net stockings now.
All the pictures of the tops were taken on a 6 ft ladder the ceiling is 10'3 and there is less than 3 ft to the top in some spots
They are 5 weeks in now they start getting overdrive this week.
They are between 4.5 and 6 ft tall and most are 60 inches wide.
I am learning allot for next round that is for sure.
Sorry the pictures are a little dark its a new camera and I am not very good at using it yet.View attachment 221147View attachment 221148View attachment 221149View attachment 221151View attachment 221152View attachment 221153View attachment 221154View attachment 221155View attachment 221158View attachment 221159
++
Larfy or not, that is a whacky room set-up (I'm an amateur - forgive my ignorance), but the ladies look fat and happy.... great job.:cool: Looking forward to your next set-up...
--D

LBH

LBH

Wow,......

1. Sux that you failed

more importantly...

2. KUDOS FOR YOUR HONESTY and THANK YOU!!!! We never see pure,..."I failed" honesty on the boards and quite frankly, we learn more from other peoples mistakes than from our own successes sometimes. Sux that you failed but I'm sure yous guys will learn and bounce right back with what you already knew before. Best of luck and thanks again,....

GROW 'EM UP!!

Papa

Papa

Supporter
Bubblehaze,

Thanks for the great thread.

your debriefs are incredibly helpful . . . and are a testament to your value here at the farm.

Thank you.

Papa

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

Wow,......

1. Sux that you failed

more importantly...

2. KUDOS FOR YOUR HONESTY and THANK YOU!!!! We never see pure,..."I failed" honesty on the boards and quite frankly, we learn more from other peoples mistakes than from our own successes sometimes. Sux that you failed but I'm sure yous guys will learn and bounce right back with what you already knew before. Best of luck and thanks again,....

Hope to see some new action soon

GROW 'EM UP!!
Bubblehaze,

Thanks for the great thread.

your debriefs are incredibly helpful . . . and are a testament to your value here at the farm.

Thank you.

Papa

Thanks guys making a new uc in the same room I think i will post it up when its ready real soon. I have learned allot and would like to share it to keep someone from making the mistakes I have. thanks for the support.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I just bought one of those buckets today from lowes. I was going to use them for my next new project. How do the lids hold up?

monkeymun

monkeymun

Despite the way this turned out, this is a really good and very useful thread. Thanks for making it Bubblehaze!

S

strainin

I over grew most of them for sure. I keep tying up the branches reaching for the light or blocking it out. Maybe 1/4 of them are ideal size but the purple head knockers and the sour alien kush are already 4+ ft tall so I think I over grew them we are considering throwing up a few horizontals like I say in one of your last grows if the get to tall. If they would have vegged more in vertical light they wouldn't have stretched so much. The next ones are vertical even in veg should get me better results.
Sweet on the double stack I always wanted to see how that would work. I am defiantly making the new uc I am building 60 or 60 inches. 55 would be fine with the right veg but the next plants I have for the new uc I am building are already 3 ft tall.
so cool

N

noobynubert

in my pals hydro system, within 2 hours of flushing the leaves will start curling on him and plants droop, he can never do a full flush

Top Bottom