$15m bust in Ventura County, 7514 plants

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TreFarmer

Hate to say it, but up here in the emerald triangle the MAIN problem in national forest lands are MEXICAN NATIONAL grows. Its simply proven. From my ranch I can hear cars ALL NIGHT LONG driving in and dropping off illegal aliens smuggled up here just for the summer. The only people that the cops REALLY go after around here are these mega grows on national lands and meth shacks. I have a place on the coast that is next to an apartment building full of mexican nationals. All very nice people and some of the best neighbors ive had because they stick to themselves. One guy introduced himself to me as Jose and worked on my vehicles for 2 years. I had NO IDEA that he knew anything about marijuana. Then at the end of the summer I read in the paper that his name was really Juan and he was caught with 100lbs in his truck.

I agree that mexican grows in national forests arent the only damage, but its really uncomparable. One of their grows would make any of the gorilla growers here look like chump change. Last year they erradicated 10,000 plants on the mountain 2 miles away from my land.
I believe this was the same bust that was sparked because 3-4 hikers went missing in 2-3 years in a tiny little patch of forest. Over on the Prince's Pops?

ttystikk

ttystikk

All this points to one inescapable choice; eventually, we as a nation either choose to A. Legalize pot and all other drugs, and only prosecute criminal behavior that actually demonstrably hurts others- a.k.a. living up to the original standard of 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness', or B. finish turning our country into a police state and pursue the Chinese solution to the opium dens; execute everyone involved, period.

We've all seen the abject failure of the war on drugs and the 80+ year prohibition of marijuana. It's high time we get off our little plots of green and vote- and scream- at our politicians to legalize and respect our rights under the constitution. Yep, boys and girls- it's OUR responsibility to do something, because for damned sure the Feds and their cronies are making too much money persecuting us to want to change anything!

Madjag

Madjag

As a firefighter in the Los Padres Forest for the past four years and lover of both cannabis and our forest, I must disagree that it is a waste of money to be fighting these kinds of grows on National Forest land. I've seen first hand how these outlaw cartel growers poison the environment, leave hundreds of pounds of garbage out there, shoot and kill any animals they see (I've seen a beheaded owl at one site, a bobcat shot in the head at another!) and other extremely negative impacts. Ak-47s are standard at these grows. They use poison that is so bad for the environment that it is illegal here in the U.S. and is shipped in from Mexico! I've seen firsthand a 20 lb box of the stuff just abandoned at a spent grow site. To top it off the La Brea fire of 2009 was started by some of these jackasses and burned about 90% of the San Rafael wilderness in the forest (look it up). Cannabis needs to be grown by responsible people, not these criminal cartels who will not think twice about killing to protect a garden. The people who are growing in Los Padres Forest don't give a #$%! about you and I, trust me, I have seen it and it is sickening. Very little resources are actually going towards fighting this; I quote our local Forest Service LEO saying last season, "we just don't have the money to fight them. We go out, cut their crop down, and in two weeks they are back with new plants in the ground, we just can't stop it."

I had the same attitude of "why waste money fighting pot growers in the forest" until I saw up close and personal the horrors of these Mexican cartels setting up shop in our local forests.
"I quote our local Forest Service LEO saying last season, "we just don't have the money to fight them. We go out, cut their crop down, and in two weeks they are back with new plants in the ground, we just can't stop it."

Then let it be...

ttystikk

ttystikk

"I quote our local Forest Service LEO saying last season, "we just don't have the money to fight them. We go out, cut their crop down, and in two weeks they are back with new plants in the ground, we just can't stop it."

Then let it be...

Hey that's MY motherfuckin' National Forest, and I want to leave it for MY children and THEIR children in good condition. I don't want anyone out there poisoning or digging it up, for oil exploration, growing drugs, mountaintop removal mining, timbercutting or ANYTHING ELSE. The whole fuckin' point of land and habitat preservation is to NOT FUCK WITH IT. Therefore, no matter who is 'cultivating' on that land, I will consider it taxpayer dollars well spent to make sure these thugs are busted and stopped from screwing up an incredibly valuable and increasingly rare NON-renewable resource; unmolested virgin wilderness.

Sure, legalize it too- but let's not ignore the other crime these bastards are committing against our legacy.

K

kolah

It seems a bit odd. All that weed and not a single bust? You would think those oinkers would have watched and waited for the perfect time (harvest?) and nabbed the working crew of "mexican cartels." Unless of course Eric Holder and his drug smuggling buddies and his "fast and furious" weapons deal were the "mexican cartels." Hell, they have all kinds of surveilence equipment (including thermal imaging and night vision stuff) which would light up anybody in the area. Not that I think anyone should be busted for growing weed but if I were a pigster I would sure as hell want the people associated with the so-called crime. Dontcha' think? Makes no sense to me.

and it also makes no sense to burn all that stuff and risk starting a bigass forest fire.

I am getting to the point where I rarley believe anything the corporate media-whores tell us. It is to the point that whatever they say is really the complete opposite. (sounds like a Seinfeld episode, huh, lol) Oh, so they say it's mexican cartels because they found mexican rat posion? ...pahhh lease..yes thats concrete evidence huh? Probably found a couple burritos too...yup...must be mexicans! <eye roll>

K

kolah

and then they throw in this bit of bullshit misinformation at the very end:

"Pentis said he's spoken with many parents whose children have behavioral problems related to pot abuse. "The effects of marijuana addiction on our youth are a lot broader than a lot of people want to admit," he said."

Yeah Mr Penis..err I mean Pentis, where did ya pull that fable out of? Your bacon-fat ass? Addiction and behavior problems huh???????? Yeah right, you are saving all the children huh? What a douchebag!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
All this points to one inescapable choice; eventually, we as a nation either choose to A. Legalize pot and all other drugs, and only prosecute criminal behavior that actually demonstrably hurts others- a.k.a. living up to the original standard of 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness', or B. finish turning our country into a police state and pursue the Chinese solution to the opium dens; execute everyone involved, period.

We've all seen the abject failure of the war on drugs and the 80+ year prohibition of marijuana. It's high time we get off our little plots of green and vote- and scream- at our politicians to legalize and respect our rights under the constitution. Yep, boys and girls- it's OUR responsibility to do something, because for damned sure the Feds and their cronies are making too much money persecuting us to want to change anything!

Fucking illegals and El Rey de Narcos. We should go to war against the cartels, not Afghanistan. That, or legalize that shit and have an AMERICAN grown only policy. Or both.

Sending Mexicans in to our land to cultivate since its easier to transport it from here, then smuggle it from there. Its a numbers game, and we are definitely losing.

ttystikk

ttystikk

and then they throw in this bit of bullshit misinformation at the very end:

"Pentis said he's spoken with many parents whose children have behavioral problems related to pot abuse. "The effects of marijuana addiction on our youth are a lot broader than a lot of people want to admit," he said."

Yeah Mr Penis..err I mean Pentis, where did ya pull that fable out of? Your bacon-fat ass? Addiction and behavior problems huh???????? Yeah right, you are saving all the children huh? What a douchebag!

As ever Kolah, you're on point here; at what point will those who don't know better keep trotting out this sad, discredited excuse for a reason to deprive us of our 'inalienable' rights and actually try something with a shred of evidence to back it up? I'll take the side effects of pot over opiates anytime, nevermind the short and long term health consequenses of the rest of their pharm. cabinet. I just spoke to an old friend last night; seems he has liver damage from his prescription antidepressants. Wow- just the sort of trade I want to make with MY health! Thank you, American Medical Association!

BudderBreakfast

BudderBreakfast

yes we are at war with these cartels, but luckily nobody i know is stupid enough to buy from them. you just gotta educate your people why you can produce better quality than anyone that is using nasty chemicals and not giving their full love and attention into the cultivation

joeca1i

joeca1i

Bill Clears Path For 30,000 Surveillance Drones Over US In Next Ten Years

Top Bottom