16,000 W Dream Room

• Thread starter Custom X
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Custom X

Custom X

All Right guys I am a new user but by no means a new grower, I am utilizing this setup to provide medication for my aliments.

So here is what I have so far I am open to ideas as I have never set up a room of this size. This is what it has going on, two flower rooms, a veg room, and a tent for my clones and moms.

1. We will assume all outlets that need to be setup will run on a 110 circuit.

2. I am considering moving the 200 Amp Panel into the electrical room.

3. I am considering creating an Airlock / clean room via the electrical room.

4. I want to seal off room 2 so that the only access is via the airlock clean room and room1

5. Both room 1 and room 2 will be fully sealed and climate controlled utilizing a closed loop intake and exhaust to vent the heat from the lights. They will be equipped with cool tubes and run off a titan 16 lighting 240 V timing controller.

6. The cool tubes will be cooled utilizing 4 (12) in inline fans.

And 4 (8) in booster fans.

7. We will utilize insulated ducting throughout.

8. Room 1 and 2 will be controlled utilizing a Saturn 5 Environment controller

9. room 1 and 2 will be equipped with a100 L dehumidifier

10. Both rooms will be equipped with a 50 LB Co2 tank and regulator

11. I will have 6 16in wall mounted fans in room 1 and 2

12. I have a phresh carbon filter and 10in inline fan equipped in each room for scrubbing

13. In the case of excess heat I will equip a positive pressure intake with a high CFM phresh Filter

14. There will be an exhaust system as well. Both intake and exhaust will be sealed off unless the Temps reach 82 degrees in which case a controller will kick on the venting and shut off the Co2 system.

15. In addition to the various air cooling methods utilized in this setup we will be utilizing either two 12,000 BTU Mini Split AC's or two 24,BTU units??

16. Both rooms will have two 55 Gallon Reservoirs Utilizing high flow pumps to irrigate the system. Both 55 g drums will be linked to a 200 gallon master reservoir. Outside of the rooms. Both rooms will be equipped with a sulphide Burner as a preventive measures to control bugs and PM.

17. Both rooms will be lined with Panda Polly.

18. Both floors in the rooms will be lined with heavy duty pond liner extending 5 inches up the walls.

19. Both floors in the rooms will be painted with an white reflective epoxy paint.

20. Room one and Two will be powered utilizing 240 V Xtrasun Digital 1000W Ballasts. All the ballasts will be mounted in the electrical/Clean room

21. Room three or the VEG Room will be equiped with 6 12 in wall mounted fans.

22. Each room will be setup for exhaust and intake utilizing a 10 in inline intake hooked up with a phresh filter. And exhausted utilizing a phresh exhaust filter.

23. Room three will be run on 3 2x4 T5 light setups.

24. The mother room will be equiped with a 1000 W Metal Halide housing three Mothers.

25. On the far end will be our cloning area. Set on a 3 shelf metal rack utilizing 3 cloning chambers.

26. The Mother and Veg room wil be cooled with a portable 10,000 BTU AC

27. The warehouse will utilize 2 12 in high CFM exhaust blowers to vent any hot air from the top of the warehouse, which will be hooked up to a switch.

So this is it, it's an awesome space I am trying to make this as legit as possible so if you have equipment ads or suggestions. Or anything else let me know I do plan on documenting the build as well as any future grows. So looking forward to hearing from you guys. The Black boxes are outlet locations and inside the electrical room is a shop light. The Cooltubes are "Y"ed off at the junction points I just had trouble making a "Y". Rooms are also going to be equipped with green lights.
Thanks,

Custom

Warehouse floor plan
Room 1 and 2 are identical
Veg room

crazydude

crazydude

Not much to add other than I want to see that room in action!

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

All the fans, dehueys, pumps, ac's lights etc will draw a lot of power. I'm running 5 ton ac with 5400 watts 1000w veg area and pulling 85 amps when I'm watering. My panel is 100amp and it's good to be using 80% of that I'm actually 5 percent over. I've just had a room catch fire so I don't fuck around.

Custom X

Custom X

I am putting in a 200 amp panel. The main line is also already set for phase 3 as well so If expansion is in the future it has it right now to get started we are talking a 200 amp panel. I think it should be good.

Custom X

Custom X

I have been toying with the idea of ten fans in each room. perhaps smaller fans but more of them?

Any input on AC is that going to be adequate?

and as far as power do you guys think 200 amps is good?

I know that 16 lights at 240 will be around 75 amps. with everything else what do you think my amps will add up to?

I just haven't gotten around to adding everything yet.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Sounds like a dream room for sure but I kinda got stuck on your opening line " I'm using this room to grow medication for MY ailments ...16k worth .....lol...
Best of luck

Custom X

Custom X

All the fans, dehueys, pumps, ac's lights etc will draw a lot of power. I'm running 5 ton ac with 5400 watts 1000w veg area and pulling 85 amps when I'm watering. My panel is 100amp and it's good to be using 80% of that I'm actually 5 percent over. I've just had a room catch fire so I don't fuck around.
How do you feel about a 200 amp panel? Or should I go bigger??

soserthc1

soserthc1

Well if he is using 85 % of his power at 5400 watts thinking you need at least 300 amps to equal 16200 which would put you at 80-82%

Custom X

Custom X

Well if he is using 85 % of his power at 5400 watts thinking you need at least 300 amps to equal 16200 which would put you at 80-82%
well I added up amperage on all the equipment and it looks like it will be really close I am at 160 amps. which is about 80 percent of 200. now that doesn't give me a lot of wiggle room so 300 amps huh

I figured in 30 amps for both AC's is that appropriate or are they going to be running more?

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Just the condenser I use which is a goodman 5 ton. Kinda don't recommend now due to having some problems. But anyway the condenser alone pulls 50 amps and the air handler max 15 amps. That can cool safely 10,000w non air cooled lights.

Just trying to give some foresight to you and wish you the best of luck. For the fans the 18" do work nice but I'm currently using 16" and have 15 fans in the entire area veg, walkway and flower room. Any other questions ask away hope I can help some.

Custom X

Custom X

Just the condenser I use which is a goodman 5 ton. Kinda don't recommend now due to having some problems. But anyway the condenser alone pulls 50 amps and the air handler max 15 amps. That can cool safely 10,000w non air cooled lights.

Just trying to give some foresight to you and wish you the best of luck. For the fans the 18" do work nice but I'm currently using 16" and have 15 fans in the entire area veg, walkway and flower room. Any other ques

Just trying to give some foresight to you and wish you the best of luck. For the fans the 18" do work nice but I'm currently using 16" and have 15 fans in the entire area veg, walkway and flower room. Any other questions ask away hope I can help some.

right on so for your 10,000 watt system you run how many amp breaker?. I think after everything is said and done with 16 lights and fans ect. I will be running 25,000 watts all together and probably close to 200 amps would you say that is a realistic guess of wattage and amps.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Ever consider gavita 750s and turn up to 830w? Probably similar spread on. 4x4 trays. Then saving watts and helping efficiency.
Note in the room were running 9 600w gavitas. So 5400 watts but some t5s in mom area. Were sealed too 2 car garage space essentially. We also Have seperate panel for ac. Dehueys use a lot of space up and all. Can peep my thread for some rundown. Mwd new room new year

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
I run 20k. By myself, wired it all up and installed everything except my HRV. PM me if you want any advice I'll be glad to help. Billyboat also runs two room this size by himself. I don't know how he does it but I run 1 this size at a full time job with the patients I supply

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Your gonna be around 120+
Amps running full tilt in summer. Maybe more. I run a 5 ton ac unit with 8 lights in a row, 2 rows with carts with 8 plants under then. Each cart is 4x6 and I have 5 in a row. all exhausted by 2 12 inch Inline fans close loop (each string of lights on a trigger switch 240 and it's own 12" inline)and my ac is very very happy. Now humidity and air exchange... I went with a HRV system, breweries use them for humidity check. I run a huge ass fucking space, 120x60 (well huge for me) and I keep 2/3rds separated with a wall Made out of wood. If the plants get big I also drop 400s down and supplement. The HRV keeps air moving and keeps humidity in check. I'd use 2 12ks. One in each room.

Last edited:
purpleberry

purpleberry

You should consider running gravitas, Or bare bulb 1000w hoods and ditch all the ducting, fans, glass, and holes you have to cut. And just up your ac in size.

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Ehhh, I disagree. I'd rather have them on a closed loop and need a smaller ac. That's just me though. Too much humidity. And on top of that he's using co2. You can push these
Plants to insanity g/watt with a cooled hoods and sealed rooms with co2

Dunge

Dunge

I am putting in a 200 amp panel. The main line is also already set for phase 3 as well so If expansion is in the future it has it right now to get started we are talking a 200 amp panel. I think it should be good.

The main line is also already set for phase 3

Are you saying that the power comes in as three phase and you are wiring to a single phase panel?
This can't be right.

I like this project and commend you for sharing.

Custom X

Custom X

The main line is also already set for phase 3

Are you saying that the power comes in as three phase and you are wiring to a single phase panel?
This can't be right.

I like this project and commend you for sharing.

Well currently it has 200 amp 3 phase and a 100 amp single and a 125 single we were considering upgrading the 125 single to 200 amp. Right now he wants an equipment schedule to see if the 200 amp panel is going to be sufficient.

Top Bottom