16 1k lights 235 ebb&grow buckets! Lets get it on!!

• Thread starter Yodas Master
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Thanks for the tip. I told him after I saw his setup that I didn't like the fact that it leaves app an inch of water left in each bucket stagnate in between watering. Your srstem does not do this with the controller lowered?

Y

Yodas Master

Thanks for the tip. I told him after I saw his setup that I didn't like the fact that it leaves app an inch of water left in each bucket stagnate in between watering. Your srstem does not do this with the controller lowered?

I have mine lowered and the buckets drain without one drop of water left in the buckets..Now if you have THE OLD CAP BUCKET SYSTEM...the drain in the bucket is about 1inch too high. Meaning you will actually have to tilt the bucket to one side using a pack of cigarettes or something under one side of the bucket to force the water to drain completely.

Y

Yodas Master

Ok diagnosis time..this is occuring in the fan leaves on some of the plants in the corner of the room. They are recieving the most light so i thought it might be bleaching but maybe its some sort of nutrient defiency.. Its occuring on only the plants in the corners of the room though..Any thoughts??

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I would say probably bleaching. I talked to my dad he said that I told him that they needed to drain but the ''expert" at the hydro store told him to do it that way so if his pumps went out the plants would not dry out. He says he's going to change it said it would be easy. I also stressed that there are much better sources than the kid at the hydro store. Thanks again for the tip. I would move your lights up and see if the bleaching stops appearing on the new leaves that grow. I have grown many crops under the 1000 and I am still bleaching plants a little. I have a hard time not turning on all the lights to soon.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Possibly a Mg deficiency caused by these leaves working overtime under all those lumens... How much ml/gal and PPM's of CalMag were in the res when you mixed it last and how long ago did you mix it? You should know these numbers as I discussed this previously. Also some full plant shots would help... Are these leaves from the top canopy? :wondering

Y

Yodas Master

Possibly a Mg deficiency caused by these leaves working overtime under all those lumens... How much ml/gal and PPM's of CalMag were in the res when you mixed it last and how long ago did you mix it? You should know these numbers as I discussed this previously. Also some full plant shots would help... Are these leaves from the top canopy? :wondering

Todays pics on page 12..
Current mix on all res...6ml fnb...3ml...calmag...
ppm 1290-1350--.7conversion
it is only occuring on 12 plants one or two leaves on different parts of the plants..
I thought mg def myself also but wanted confirmation from somebody else..All the light is what i thought also causing them to be using more than the rest of the plants thats why is only only the corner plants..
I could raise the lights if needed==currently 78F at canopy24inch from light

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Hmmm, next time check the PPM's on the CalMag after you mix that in your res first... Volume calcs of reservoirs aren't the most accurate especially when dealing with hose lines if the water fills those when mixing. Checking the PPM's after the mix and comparing it to a control bucket filled with 1 gal of RO and the same ml/gal of CalMag, can confirm your res volume. I haven't kicked on my 1000W HPS yet, but I suspect that 24" is a bit close for plants this size and early in bloom. Also more N, Ca, and Mg is needed by the plants during the stretch phase of bloom which is generally the first 40% of the bloom duration, or as an example 4 wks of a 10 wk bloom cycle... :thinking

Y

Yodas Master

Hmmm, next time check the PPM's on the CalMag after you mix that in your res first... Volume calcs of reservoirs aren't the most accurate especially when dealing with hose lines if the water fills those when mixing. Checking the PPM's after the mix and comparing it to a control bucket filled with 1 gal of RO and the same ml/gal of CalMag, can confirm your res volume. I haven't kicked on my 1000W HPS yet, but I suspect that 24" is a bit close for plants this size and early in bloom. Also more N, Ca, and Mg is needed by the plants during the stretch phase of bloom which is generally the first 40% of the bloom duration, or as an example 4 wks of a 10 wk bloom cycle... :thinking

Im going to refill the res tommorow. Im going to up the calmag..The purple stems are not from a def ive gathered..I believe that is currently from 62F at nighttime. Im also trying to keep the height down on the plants that why the lower level instead of 36" from canopy. There is ZERO signs of heat stress on any plant though....Remember im on a .7 conversion so i can up the ppm if needed..Im only running about 9-950 on .5 conversion..

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
That's exactly what I'd do... I realize that you are using 0.7, whereas I use 0.5 so I'd aim for 200 PPM of CalMag max at this point using my conversion factor... I will always speak PPM's in terms of 0.5 conversion to EC. Maybe in the future I'll speak strictly in terms of EC... :thinking

Y

Yodas Master

That's exactly what I'd do... I realize that you are using 0.7, whereas I use 0.5 so I'd aim for 200 PPM of CalMag max at this point using my conversion factor... I will always speak PPM's in terms of 0.5 conversion to EC. Maybe in the future I'll speak strictly in terms of EC... :thinking

I think EC is more universal. The threads im reading in europe are more based on the EC and .7 conversion. Seems the .5 is the more americanized version..Luckily my hanna does them all, with ph and water temp combined!!

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Ok diagnosis time..this is occuring in the fan leaves on some of the plants in the corner of the room. They are recieving the most light so i thought it might be bleaching but maybe its some sort of nutrient defiency.. Its occuring on only the plants in the corners of the room though..Any thoughts??

It's very hard to diagnose a plant when you don't have all the information at your finger tips. If you fill this out i promise we will be better and faster at telling you what your plant's problem is.

What is the Ph of your nutrient solution?
What is the PPM/EC of your tap water?
What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution?
What is the temperature of your nutrient solution?
Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check?
Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check?
Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
How close are your lights to the plants?
What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
what location on the plant is this happening?
(top middle bottom?)
Would help to see a pic of the entire plant with the leaves on it and where it is located in relation to the light, can you provide one?.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
I think EC is more universal. The threads im reading in europe are more based on the EC and .7 conversion. Seems the .5 is the more americanized version..Luckily my hanna does them all, with ph and water temp combined!!
I know that EC is universal and my Hanna 98129 combo meter measures in EC as well as PPM's, pH, and water temp. To be honest I'm comfortable with PPM's and have no need to worry about Europe in my small little garden... :giggle

Y

Yodas Master

I know that EC is universal and my Hanna 98129 combo meter measures in EC as well as PPM's, pH, and water temp. To be honest I'm comfortable with PPM's and have no need to worry about Europe in my small little garden... :giggle

Thats the meter i have also..Yeah your right fuck european conversion anyway i should stick with the american version anyway....:middlefinger:middlefinger:

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Well I wouldn't say fuck Europe... I'm just not that concerned with a need to conform to a universal measurement. It's really not hard for me to speak EC as it's simply twice my PPM's at 0.5 conversion, but I'm already comfortable with my PPM scale and see no need to switch to EC... If I was being paid to be a consultant then I might consider the switch though... :thinking

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

The issue with light bleaching has nothing to do with heat. It is the intensity of the light not heat that bleaches. Also your stems probably are not purple due to temp I would say pretty sure that is a P issue. Also if you keep your night temps the same as your day temps through the stretch the plants will not stretch as much. I read that a few years ago and it is true. A ten degree temp swing will make your plants stretch more. I think it was f the european conv. not f the europeans.

Y

Yodas Master

It's very hard to diagnose a plant when you don't have all the information at your finger tips. If you fill this out i promise we will be better and faster at telling you what your plant's problem is.

What is the Ph of your nutrient solution?
What is the PPM/EC of your tap water?
What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution?
What is the temperature of your nutrient solution?
Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check?
Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check?
Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
How close are your lights to the plants?
What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
what location on the plant is this happening?
(top middle bottom?)
Would help to see a pic of the entire plant with the leaves on it and where it is located in relation to the light, can you provide one?.

The only plants this is occurring on are the ones in the corner of the room which are recieving the most light and from all angles.
ph--5.8.6.2 ppm1290-.7conversion restemp66F
daily ph rising----zero foliar feeding----1000w--25inch from canopy
canopy temp78f rh31% ---zero bugs---
problems occuring in different sections on different plants
here are a few photos Leadsled and Shady, hope this helps..

Y

Yodas Master

Here is a photo in relation to where they are under the light but it sucks,sorry.Its only occuring in this back area where its recieving multiple sources of light.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I'm not ledsled or shady but I have been doing this growing thing very succesfully for 18 yrs . It is really hard for someone to give a diagnosis from pics. but those plants look really happy on top I still say that is light bleacing from when the plant was younger. Thats what a bleached leaf looks like when it gets older ive done it many many times. I'm not a know it all but I do have a shit ton of experience.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Does look like your are getting some bleaching. Sometime hood can throw out hot spots. See how the tops are slightly yellow.

if there a osc fan circulating air between the plants and hoods?
Put your hand between the plant with yellow leaves and the light, does it get hot? is there air flow?

may be better off taking off the glass if your not going to vent them hoods. the glass can get heated up and radiate more heat.

Some strain can handle the light better than others. Always best to get em adapted.

it is also dry in there in relation to your temps. try and fix this before you fry up some leaves.

Ideally rh should be higher: 60-70%rh

It is a good idea to walk before you run, so you better get stepping

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

In the on pic the new leaf has the slight bleach look to it. I don't mind a little bleaching u start throwing a lot of light on a plant thats not ready for it yet thats what hapen. I wouldn't consider it a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom