16 1k lights 235 ebb&grow buckets! Lets get it on!!

• Thread starter Yodas Master
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Yodas Master

I have recently setup a grow and hopefully will be as nice as some ive seen on here. Im open to all suggestions and ideas. I have posted my grow room pics and would like to get some feedback for which strains will work best in my system. Ive spent tons of time and money to make sure im using the best products and now would like to thcfarmer community to help deciding which strains go into this system.

I have recently purchased all Cali Connection Seeds from the wonderful Fruitridge Wellness. As i am a novice grower only about 50 out of 100 lived.
I also picked up 14 casey jones joe schmoe cut and 30 black domina. None look very amazing thanks to my awesome skills.

Here we go ladies and gentlemen. Full speed ahead captain....

B

Bobby Smith

Love it so far.

Ambitious first effort - I like your style.

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

can`t wait to see you blow that room up. Nice selection of beans you got. I`m sure your gonna come up on some real keepers..Love the Rez

Y

Yodas Master

Thanks it a 1625 gallon res. All r/o water. I have 8 different mini 55 gallon res to get ppm for different strains. Hopefully ill be doing around 10 different strains. Ambitious----yes, very. Spent my retirement on this place. Hopefully i wont have to hire someone to take care of it for me.

I dont believe my greenthumb is coming thru to soon!!. Ive killed alot of plants so far and while it may have been the clones, Im sure the seeds where my fault.How long does it usually take for plants to take off after transplant? Mine have been in a full week and seem to not look any better only worse. Ive cut about 30 yellow dead rotting looking leaves of the cuttings. The clones were extremely brown with no white roots. They are starting to root into the buckets but it seems to be taking forever.

PPm 400. Seems to be looking im over watering or over fert? Any help would be apprecitated.

The seeds are 2 weeks old from being germinated, but no growth there either. Im having trouble keeping humidity in my room. It stays at around 5-10% Maybe time for a humidiifer huh?

Y

Yodas Master

Here are a few pics. Im sure they are suffering from nute lockout because the stems are bright purple. Should i scratch these? I am using all hydroton in one setup and all perlite in the other. Just trying different methods for my own knowledge.

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

Why are you going so big? If your a novice grower doing all this by yourself,Your going to end up wasting a lot of time and money before you get it down.It takes hands on experience and not just reading books and comments online in order to get this down!!You already wasted half your seeds,really think you should dial back your setup and learn how to grow before you try and make a job out of it!! Wish you the best of luck with this!!

SmokeyPipes:smiley_joint:

Y

Yodas Master

Good point. I thought this alot easier actually. The call it weed for a reason right? Wrong way of thinking on my part. Thing is i know where they sell seeds and clones so it if takes me a year to learn, I will. This is rainy day money. Put back years ago. Why learn in a small way, Go big or go home has always been my motto!!!

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

damn bro good job dream big and be ambitious. like the old saying goes if you throw your hat (retirement) over the fence you are committed to get to the other side!

how many times a day are you filling and draining those buckets? i'd be running them like 3 times a day. they look a little droopy i'm guessing you are over or under watering them right now.

dump all the hydroton out of one and you can see where your fill line is on the inner bucket. make sure you are burring those clones low enough that they get wet!

what nutrients are you running? how strong is it right now?

do you have all 16k on right now? if so knock that shit way back you dont need that much light for clones if anything you will shock them if they are not use to that kinda light and just left a t5.

how many buckets are you running per controller? how long does your flood cycle run? make sure that all the buckets are filling up during your flood cycle you need to watch the furthest bucket and see when it gets full and that will let you know how long to flood for. once they have all flooded you are good you dont need them to sit just get drenched and then drained. i just learned this run i needed to increase my fill time by 15 minutes because the farthest one was only getting half way filled!

sorry for all the questions but the more you tell us the more we can help make sure you're retirement does not go to waste! when i started i was told not to go hydro and run 1k to get the feel for it. well i didn't listen and i read my ass off and played nice and careful with my plants and i had a great harvest. keep up the good work and you will get out what you put into this!

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

Good point. I thought this alot easier actually. The call it weed for a reason right? Wrong way of thinking on my part. Thing is i know where they sell seeds and clones so it if takes me a year to learn, I will. This is rainy day money. Put back years ago. Why learn in a small way, Go big or go home has always been my motto!!!
Well if you got the dough to burn,Then it's clearly your choice,but you just might end up burning more dough than weed until then!! I know we all think were Super Man and can do it all,but trust me brotha,Start with a couple strains first and maybe just a couple of those lights to start and you'll be much happier with yourself in a couple months, after you get a hang of things.I learned the hard way myself thinking I could just do it all,and it's not easy when you do everything yourself.I'm here for the ride no matter which road you choose!!GOOD LUCK!!:passingjoint:

Y

Yodas Master

Ok first im running technaflora nutes that came with these setups.
Current ppm is 400 on the clones
48 buckets per controller--30 minute flood time.
I sat the clones on top of the water line, should i go back and put the cubes into the water instead of on top. My thinking was the roots would find the water and go down into it.
I am currently flooding 3 times a day on the hydroton and twice on the perlite.
Currently only 4 1k lights on ablove the plants. 3 feet exactly
Im sure the clones needed help because they were extremely brown and no white roots coming from the bottom of the cube. I just removed one and the roots are starting to come out of the side of the cubes and move down. They are pure white and hairy as can be. But very short also. Not long enough to reach the into the water line.
The cubes are soaking wet so maybe i should dial the water time back to 2 a day? Whats strange is some look either over or underwatered and some look fine.

Y

Yodas Master

I just figure i might as well learn how to use this setup since its kinda already here. I been lonely guy for a couple years and figured these would all be my new kids. Glad killing plants aint a crime!!!! Thanks for the input Smokey Pipes, Im going to need your help so stay with me brother.

I

Inuit

Hate to say it, but they are right.

You either need a tutor or a little smaller sandbox. Awesome setup man! When you get it locked in its going to be killer!

Inuit

St3ve

St3ve

yea thats too much light for the clones. I keep mine 3-4 feet from a 400 mh. Also clones can take 3 weeks sometimes to really get going so a week isn't bad. Hang in there.

clones need short frequent waterings as well. When you say 30 min flood time.. pls describe your process? Are the buckets FULL for that long?

Best of luck on your new gig.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

Ok first im running technaflora nutes that came with these setups.
Current ppm is 400 on the clones
48 buckets per controller--30 minute flood time.
I sat the clones on top of the water line, should i go back and put the cubes into the water instead of on top. My thinking was the roots would find the water and go down into it.
I am currently flooding 3 times a day on the hydroton and twice on the perlite.
Currently only 4 1k lights on ablove the plants. 3 feet exactly
Im sure the clones needed help because they were extremely brown and no white roots coming from the bottom of the cube. I just removed one and the roots are starting to come out of the side of the cubes and move down. They are pure white and hairy as can be. But very short also. Not long enough to reach the into the water line.
The cubes are soaking wet so maybe i should dial the water time back to 2 a day? Whats strange is some look either over or underwatered and some look fine.

sounds good man,

idk about your setup but i run 30 of those and i use to flood 45 min and now i'm flooding an hour. maybe because i did not replacing my tubing between the last few runs so its clogged but i noticed 45 min was just not reaching that back bucket.

if you are right above the flood line you should be good man as long as those roots get out and make it to some water your good. i've burried them too high and too low both before and both worked fine. i think lower is better imo though.

the stuff they give you with the system is pretty much crap. i used the root66 in my cloner and i used the cloning gel but everything else never got used. i did use the grow once when i ran out but that was just as a backup. all that sweetner and other crap i never even opened.

keep up the good work!

Y

Yodas Master

Ok last night i went thru and pulled all the hydroton away from the cubes. Only 19 of 44 were showing any signs of new roots. I ditched all the ones that looked like shit and kept the 19 that were showing signs of life. Bottom line on this issue was the clones were brown and basically nute locked out.

Also the water in the cubes was at 7.0.WTF is that about? My water has never gone above 6.0. In any case im going to take the advice of my fellow growers and step it back to about two strains.

Im putting the cali connection seed stock in my veg room and hopefully in the next few months ill be posting my second grow using those clones that i do myself. Ive quickly relized that when buying clones to make sure they are extremely healthy so no more going to the clubs. They actually told me the green algae on top of the cubes was beneficial!!!!!!

I have a fellow grower with g13 and champagne who has around 250 clones for me to pick up.. I know these are the real deals. He has been growing them for 5 years and is an expert in growing them. So hopefully ill be able to remedy any problems immediatley with his help. I plan to post new pics of the grow fully stocked and ready for action..

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

good luck! ask your buddy if he has grown it in hydro and if so ask him about his nutrient regiment it could be helpful to give you a baseline on what these girls like.

buffbuds

buffbuds

N lockout can occur when phosphorus is depleated during cloning (takes phosphorus from the leaves to form new roots). You are under nutrienting them. Give them a few waterings of 6.0-6.2 pH, 1.6-1.8 eC (800-900 ppm at .5 conversion, or 1020-1150 at .7 conversion, depends what meter you are using, I don't like people using ppm, it isn't an international standard, or even national standard.) That will start to ease up their phosphorus deficiency, and then they can uptake nitrogen at the right rate (and as a consequence, the K will start to uptake at your normal pH. Once the purpling starts to ease on the stems (it may never on the petioles between the stem and the leaves), change your nutrient pH back to 5.6. they will blow up.

Been there, done that, didn't understand the set back until I started using Coco as a substitute to hydroton.

Didn't read 100%, only 80%, are you watering every 4-6 hours? including at night?

buffbuds

buffbuds

another thing, you MUST flush this system every week, from the top of each bucket (after you empty the system to change nutrients) Your pH and eC are WAY different at the top of the system than at the feeding point, you need to fix that too!

MarijuanaBaybee

MarijuanaBaybee

awww shit il be riding with ya i hope it turns out killer for u. so are you know only going to run the champange and the g13? what cut is the g13?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom