16 plants under 16 tubes dual Badboy racks

• Thread starter Darkone7
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Darkone7

Going to try a Double Rack T-5 BadBoy grow here.So far they have been under the veg lights for 4 weeks from seed.
There are 16 plants in total,10 of the same Bubba as last run.6 are clones given to me by a friend.
The ten BK were popped in 16oz cups and transplanted to 3 gallon buckets a week ago.The clones were placed into cups after rooting,and also transplanted one week ago.
Every plant has had the top split once.I will split each new shoot once more before flower.
I have decided to do this as I have less limits on floor space compared to height.

The plants are in a fairly neutral soil.Very very light Guano mix and some Tarantula I found in my old stash LOL.
They have just recieved a mild (2ml per quart) dose of Pure Blend grow.Water only now untill the next time I split the tops.

Havent changed much in the cabinet other than to convert back from HID to T-5 racks.
Easy switch as all the hangers are in place.I just remove two pieces of ducting and the shade then hang the racks in it's place.

So thats the new grow.Thanks for checking it out.

16 plants under 16 tubes dual badboy racks
16 plants under 16 tubes dual badboy racks 2
16 plants under 16 tubes dual badboy racks 3
16 plants under 16 tubes dual badboy racks 4
F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
Looking good, i've grown some nice flowers with t5 lighting. Imo they are ready to be flipped to flowering, the t5 isn't powerful enough to penetrate the canopy so you will want to keep the plants as short as possible.
Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.
FJ

D

Darkone7

Flowering under my Quantum Badboys

Last week of veg for these girls.
Had to raise the lights as some of the strains are stretchier than others.
Tomorrow I will replace the rest of the 6500k bulbs with 2500k bulbs.
I have also decided to just go with one split of the tops.
They are chewing up about 3 cups of liquid every three days.
I will give them a mild dose of PB Bloom when I change up the light cycle.

I have also switched out the fan I was using for interior air movement for a small air purifier I had kickin around.It wont really do anything for odor,but the breeze it blows is much milder than the fan, so hopefully it won't dry out the plant sitting right in front of it as bad as the occilating fan did.

Once the lights are at maximum height I should be able to remount my Infinite Breeze fan back on the door.

Thats about it for now,ready to flower.

Bbg5
Bbg6
Bbg7
Bbg8
ronvmpc

ronvmpc

I've seen those badboys in action with optimal results. Was gonna by a rack for my clones but i had an extra 400 wt hps so im using that instead. I'm subbed so hopefully you can change my mind and make me buy a rack.

So far those plants are looking luscious. Get ur grow on buddy!!!

D

Darkone7

I've seen those badboys in action with optimal results. Was gonna by a rack for my clones but i had an extra 400 wt hps so im using that instead. I'm subbed so hopefully you can change my mind and make me buy a rack.

So far those plants are looking luscious. Get ur grow on buddy!!!

I have vegged under MH ,HPS, T-12 T-8 and T-5 bulbs.I have no issue stating that for veg...I have never seen as good as what T-5's do.
Tight nodes and mass leaf production well beyond what other bulbs do.
I liked the veg production of my 8 light Badboy so much...I bought a second rack.

Now I just hope they are even close to as worthy for flowering.

Thanks for checkin my thread bud!

RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
Buuba lookin good under those badboys. Keep it up.

G

ganjherbsmoke

^agreed man
i was doing similar strains in the same pots and same food
some under an 8 bulb t5 others under 1000w mh
i liked them both but the t5 kept the plants so much tighter even messing with the height levels of the hid i still couldnt keep the stretch down and had somewhat lankier plants in the end compared to the t5s both work well but my votes for t5s in veg

pullin one up to see how the bad boys work for ya

D

Darkone7

Second week into flower

Just finishing the second week of flower.
The strain i have been running for the last few shows stretched like crazy again compared to the other new strains.

It does appear that the stretching has leveled out now,so this should be the last time I need to raise the lights .
So the front light in my cab is now about 6 inches higher than the rear rack to compensate for the plant height differences.
My two fans are having a harder time keeping the heat from 16 tubes down.These T-5 floros run anything but cool.

Next watering I will give them the second shot of PB bloom.Each three gallon pot is still sucking up about three cups of water every three days.
Temps in the cab run between 75-80f depending on ambient air temps.

Thats it for this time,thanks for checkin it out.

Bbg9
Bbg10
Bbg11
GrowMaster

GrowMaster

Looking good home slice :), dude looks like its gonna get crowded it there real soon, ya bro after seeing ur badboy T5 I went out and got the 12 light badboy for my mother room, and im loving it, I cant see any difference between my badboy and my 1000 watt MH's, the plants look the same, keep up the great work check ya later......BP

D

Darkone7

Finished third week

Just finishing third week of flower.
All the girls were showing signs of deficiency as I had no proper Bloom food.
Local shop finally got some in.No PB this time so I am trying Flora-Nova.
I have mnaged two doses so far,and it is helping.

With some new strains in the mix,I can now see that my usuall strain is stretchy no matter what.They stand a good foot taller than the other strains.
So I now am running one rack a foot higher than the other.

Other than my original Bubba strain,I dont know what the other strains are.
I was mailed the seeds and they are only labeled "cc" "h" and "g".The CC is Cotton Candy...the other two I have no clue.Whatever the "H" is though ,it produces amazing flowers.The multi-colored hairs remind me of the old Berlin Strain I ran years ago.
Unfortunately with no seperate veg space all my crops are one shot deals,no cutting clones etc.
I may change that before next grow.

So thats it for the start of fourth week,1/2 way there!

Bbg12
Bbg13
Bbg14
Bbg15
Bbg16
Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
lovely buds, you should get a veg chambre for any "keeper" plants during your seed runs

G81

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

Wow I always wondered how the bud would come out under the t8's . Nice thread and good luck

D

Darkone7

I would love to have a dedicated veg chamber,just dont have the space right now.
They are T-5 bulbs bud,not T-8's LOL

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

wow! those red hairs are amazing looking!! is that the Cotton Candy plant?

D

Darkone7

wow! those red hairs are amazing looking!! is that the Cotton Candy plant?

The Cotton Candy looks a lot like the kush right now although without the stretch.
The wild haired one I only know as "H".

M

MediMary

126479d1295975207t-16-plants-under-16-tubes-dual-badboy-racks-bbg12.jpeg.att

I like this for picture of the month, if we are still doing that.
cool grow!

D

Darkone7

Fifth week done

The girls are in thier fifth week now and fattening up very nicely!
I am quite surprised at how deep the T-5's are actually penetrating the canopy.Even midway and lower buds are gaining size at a great rate.

The girls got the second and last dose of bloom food.Still drawing about three cups of water per every two-three days.
This should start to drop off a bit now that I am in 5th week.
A couple of the really tall plants I have had to lay at an angel as the tops got a bit burnt by the lamps.
The T-5's are really not terribly efficient.For over 800 watt draw,the amount of lumens produced shows how much energy is being wasted as heat.

Even though the results look really good at this time,I will only be using the Badboys for veg from this point on.
The entire idea behind floro lighting was to keep resources down.However the T-5's do not do this,they use more juice for less light,
cannot be "air cooled" as effectively as HID and dont (to the eye) produce as "red" a spectrum as HID.
They do however give a nice big footprint so the usage is ideal for veg.

All in all the new digital ballasts for HID lights are far more power efficient and produce a better lumen output,
they will be my tool of choice for future grows.
I look forward to the end of this show,just to be able to drop this heavey power draw.
Thats it for this weeks update,thanks for checkin out my grow.

Bbg20
Bbg21
Bbg22
Bbg18
B

bong bandit

looks great, i NEED to get some kind of t5 lighting as a veg setup for 24 plants that will take veg in 6'' dia gallon round containers from root to day 30. one large fixture should do the trick.

are u purchasing t5's from quantum, or just ordering horticultural type t5 bulbs? ebay? thanks

beezleb878

beezleb878

I appreciate your work. Thanks for sharing your views on the T5 in flower.

Top Bottom