16k Light Setup Trying To Figure Out Where To Put Inline Fans

• Thread starter frosto186
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

frosto186

Hello,
I am setting up a 16 light room. 5 ton AC, CO2, 16 sights all drain to waste, etc. I am using ushio DE bulbs, and sunlight ACDE hoods. I have a back wall that I'm trying to use for any ventilation ducts. The room should have a good amount of cooling so i don't need a ton of airflow for the lights and would like to use as few fans as possible. Wondering if any of you had any good ideas for intake, exhaust, and fan placement. thanks a bunch
Lights2

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

3 x 8in fans should cool those 3 rows of hoods.4 hoods per fan.

maybe im reading the post wrong...or looking at the pic wrong, or maybe there is something im missing....he said 16 lights, the pic only shows 12, 3 rows of 4...but 16 would make 4 rows of 4, unless he has it configured differently

F

frosto186

yep i missed a row! duh...

I would like the fresh air coming from the outside so ! guess I would need 4 fresh air inlets coming from that wall as well?

stonedcold

stonedcold

Ya u want to pull air from outside ur room through the hoods out of the room .. u dont need 4 holes on big one with a 12in duct or i like 24x8 rectangular with 4 holes cut into the face one large hole cut out the back getting fed by one hole in ya wall.., so u got one hole in the wall one hole for exhaust thats it,,

stonedcold

stonedcold

I also using one fan per row but have a 10 or 12 at the end blowin through an inline filter to exhaust out the roof... depending on where ur exhaust goes keep in mind these sealed hoods are not 100% air tight smell can leak out.... unless u make a few modifications. .. theres

G gnome

G gnome

Im using the same hoods. The air doesnt cool those nealrly as much as a normal air cooled hood cuz the air doesnt actually flow over the bulb. 1 8" for every 3 imo. Use hard duct too.
If youve never used ac/de's before dont expect the air to cool them as much

Apollo13

Apollo13

I would suggest pushing air though as opposed to pulling and every inch u go up in fan significantly ups ur cfm. Go rigid duct, no plastic. I like the other guy that said make a manifold on a big fan or do like 8 inch fans and use the y pipe to split it. U can get an 8 inch y pipe with two 6 inch outlets. Go bigger than u need incase of severe environmental changes that are outside the norm. Can use a dimmer or router controller to adjust accordingly. What a awesome grow. Envious. I think running 4k in flower is bad ass..lol

Kronikcowboy

Kronikcowboy

What are you going to do when the air gets cold outside and your hoods fill with water? Unless your climate is dry and hot (in which case ac is undersized ) you might want to think about A lung room imo

Peace and good luck

DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

Lung room definitely the way to go if possible. Would definitely pull through the hoods rather than push.

If you give us a better idea of the surrounding layout of your space we can probably be of more assistance. Is this a residence or warehouse? Do you have an attic or windows accessible? How stealth must this operation be? What type of climate do you live in?

Give more detail and I'll help you figure it out and get you the best deals to be had on the equipment to do it.

Apollo13

Apollo13

Maybe I'm wrong. I thought push was better if it was hot air. Cooler air so more dense. But that is the car guy in me. Lol. That probably doesn't carry over to heating and cooling. Sorry.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I've always been told to "pull" as much air as possible when setting up exhaust systems. That "pushing" the air is less effective.

Best of luck.
Peace

Apollo13

Apollo13

Here's a thought, cooler is denser, but positive pressure in ur lights keeps dust out of ur lights due to leaks in the glass. Also the fan will get far hotter from the lights and work way less efficiently because of density. I'm no scientist so please tell me the benefits of pulling fans because I currently have mine pushing. ..

sixstring

sixstring

When you push your also pushing hot air back into the grow room at every leak.so unless your hoods and ducting is 100% sealed your not removing as much hot air as pulling through the light run does .

Apollo13

Apollo13

My room does not only have inline light fans only. I wish that was enough. But I see ur point. So with this not a factor with my set up. Should I switch my fans?

Apollo13

Apollo13

I would guess pushing or pulling the leaks are same cfm, maybe not? But pushing denser air would expand while heating giving u more flow. Lol, I swear I'm not trying to be a dick. It just comes out that way...lol

sixstring

sixstring

If its not a factor why would you change anything ?
If it aint broke dont fix it :)

Apollo13

Apollo13

To work more efficiently, my goal is to produce on zero cash..

Latest posts

Top Bottom