16k Light Setup Trying To Figure Out Where To Put Inline Fans

• Thread starter frosto186
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sixstring

sixstring

Every garden is different and everyones setup should be dialed in for their style of growing.take in as much info as you can around the site,pick the grows you think look good and take bits and pieces from these to streamline your own room and methods.just try not to get caught up in one set of rules or techniques. Learn to adjust the many variables of indoor gardening to your climate,needs and abilities and eventually you will be producing consistent dank for pennies :)

Apollo13

Apollo13

And when u already are consistent, I feel the only way to improve is to do it cheaper.

Apollo13

Apollo13

Are you calling me cheap! Jk. Im a alternative energy guy. I have big electric bills and I'm always looking for a break in overhead. I green house, insulate like crazy, run new equipment to minimize my energy consumption. Whatever I possibly can. With that said, I only cheapen if product quality stays consistent. Example is running ewc tea over sm90, zone or others. Actually it is cheaper and far far better. I would have swore that sterile was the ONLY way before I read about Heisenberg teas. Changed my life and Heisenberg literally saved my house (long story) and i never met the guy, bless his soul for teaching us follow the leader guys how to be consistent. I had never ever heard of it besides in garden magazines, and adding to my sterile environment I worked so freaking hard for seemed insane at the time.

Last edited:
Apollo13

Apollo13

In fact, with my power bill comes my shut off notice. They say they only let people get so deep in debt, and I meet there required amount each bill..lol I guess I need commercial electric here. Idk.

stonedcold

stonedcold

Oh no i was thinking outside air was from a lung room or house vent not outside outside. .. dont do it without proper filtration... ur inviting all kinds of issues in.. its 100% the worst way to go, sacrafice some space maybe run less lights it will be so worth it... lung room is 100% nessessary...
I have a ? On this push pull thing... why not both???? I have 4- 8in pushing and after the lights a 10 or 12 fan exhausting up through an inline charcoal scrubber out my crawlspace above the garage.... so u think having both ends workin is good bad unnecessary? ??? Will say this tho works excellent. .. and as mentioned every room is different. .

Apollo13

Apollo13

Both is ideal. But maybe not nessacery. Mine is great pushing, but wonder if it's more efficient pulling then could use a router controller to slow it to conserve power.

Last edited:
DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

Pushing sucks because you're pushing the hot air into your room out of every crack in your hoods and ducting. Lung room so you can control dust, pests, temps, smells etc. temps are especially important because you DO NOT want to over cool DE lamps.

Apollo13

Apollo13

I just switched to pull, ill watch my temps. I don't care about leaks in fact id rather have leaks then have to clean my glass of dust. Just once a year when bulb change. I have other fans running so I don't use ac. Unless I can't control heat. Sealed seams like too much hassle to me, but I have a barn full of animals that are my co2 boost. Using chickens in roost at night in my lung room and proper filters and measures to insure bugs dont come in. Also it's 20 degrees cooler then too.

stonedcold

stonedcold

@DirtySanchez But if ur pulling wont u pull stank air through the hoods just like the hot air will escape from the same spots ???? I filter my light runs so i dont care but if u dont most ppl dont wouldnt u be lettin smell out. ..
Any tips for sealin hoods...i saw binder clips in a pic before

DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

Yes, you will suck some smell. But if you use insulated ducting and high quality hoods (sunlight supply definitely being the preference) with tight gaskets you can minimize the issues. Carbon filters (inline filters also) & inline ozonators all but eliminate smells. The fans pull MUCH better than they push also.

The Terps

The Terps

I thought those were the ones that cooled from above the reflector below the hood?

G gnome

G gnome

Maybe foil tape?
You guys ready for a revolutionary new idea on how to cut down on heat, power , and reduce total number of fans?
This is the same system i use and its only effective when not using co2 or creating a sealed rm. No need for lung rm or intake fans . You can use passive intake.
You can use the same fans to cool your lights as well as exaust rm air....
All i do is on one side/end of the ac hood i take a furnace filter and fix it to the end thats drawing air into the fixture ( furnace filter is to keep dust outta the hoods)and then rigid pipe the other side to an inline fan thats controlled by a thermostat then thru a carbon filter ( which you can put on either end)that you can put in the attic or under a cantalever thus expeling hot rm air via the ac hood and by doin this you are eliminating the need for entirely seperate duct system for exaust. (Saving money on equipment and electric )
So essentially your drawing fresh air into ur rm via negative pressure then into the lights and then outta ur rm so 1 set of fans and duct serve both purposes of cooling ur lights as well as evacuating air from ur flower rm.
The only thing ur gonna need is a scrubber for when the exaust fans arent running i.e. dark cycle.
Genius!

G gnome

G gnome

If its not clear lemme know and I'll take some pics if anyone is interested . Questions feel free.

Latest posts

Top Bottom