175 gallon grow bags with some train wreck in cheap greenhouse

• Thread starter bigmikeyg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

been a super shitty start to the season ... my starter seeds got to big to quick and had to kill them off ... :(

the new ladies are started way to late and the spring has been cold and wet

getting ready to put these out this week..

added more worm castings to the bags and filled them and removed the trunks and some of the big roots

since they are smaller i was thinking the biggest one in on bag and two in the other bag kinda on an angle away from each other

175 gallon grow bags with some train wreck in  cheap greenhouse
bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

one single .. the biggest most dense one on its own and then two on a bit of an angle in the other .. tomato cages in and will be adding the fencing to it.. would h e liked to been out sooner .. but what a crappy spring

B35B3673 406C 48C8 A54C 89C2B81F4F9C
8F6944B5 7753 4AC1 B71C E1C81A8A520B
87B6577B 7BEB 4061 889D 9F8530AB812C
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I haven't grown outdoors in decades, but I have found that plants grow best when they have their own containers. It is my understanding that roots of some plants, Cannabis included, that seem to inhibit other root systems growing nearby, making both plants slightly smaller than if they were grown in separate containers. This is from personal observation...someone with more outdoor experience should be able to help more!

DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck

Premium Member
Supporter
Big Mike I really like what you are doing here. You give them sunshine and warm night at stand back brother....

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

I haven't grown outdoors in decades, but I have found that plants grow best when they have their own containers. It is my understanding that roots of some plants, Cannabis included, that seem to inhibit other root systems growing nearby, making both plants slightly smaller than if they were grown in separate containers. This is from personal observation...someone with more outdoor experience should be able to help more!
yeah i was curious about downsides of two in same pot the pota are for sure big .. i could rip one out or spread them out a bit more ...

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

My understanding is that also can "sense" if there is another plant closeby competing with it..that is supposed to cause stress..again, just read it somewhere in passing.

Reno's Spring finally broke today and I was able to get the 15 gallon pots back outdoors..It's amazing what a day in the sun and fresh air can do (I had to harden them off again)

Zipper the Aussie on guard ..lower right.

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

got into the bottom inside area and took a fair bit of the growth off that’s will never produce buds.. didn’t do this this early last year and could never get into the middle and remove stuff .... always a bit hesitant to remove so much stuff .. hope she doesn’t mind much. hoping now the growth explodes at the tops of all those branches :)

10AC1FD0 7355 4EF0 9C24 9D57302E6E25
DC28E8BF E8E0 45B0 8B40 D5084BD6891F
DA2456B5 9421 4A62 9BC6 66B9151B22D9
53E5498A DBB6 496A B6E1 3DB5E1EE666D
bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

Looking very nice! When everything starts to grow vertical;, you are going to have a beast!

usually starts shortly where i’m located ... and it’s been 100 last few days.. ladies humming along..

been just in cutting some of the underneath stuff that’s trying to get to the top that will never see light in september

hope to let it be ok for couple days and flip to bloom food and some pre bud enhancers

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Looks good man! Growing fast.

With regard to putting 2 in one container.. I've done some experimenting with it. I used to sometimes put two smaller clones per pot to shorten veg time when trying to fill a room and it works fine. Two small plants together always yielded the same or more as one large plant would. Bigger clones got their own pot.
One of the plants will always be a bit smaller, but two definitely yields more than one small plant on it's own would. That said, if growroom footprint isnt an issue and you have the space to give them each their own home, they will always yield more per plant overall if they have their own container.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Plants will defiantly grow smaller if there are 2 plants in one container, but as was mentioned, the overall yield might be greater. It seems that roots tend to inhibit the growth of other nearby roots... maybe this is the reason I always saw 2 smaller plants compared to the ones that had their own homes. I've never really measured the yield, but it makes sense... at least to me!

Top Bottom