1900PPMS-12hrs-weeks 3-8

• Thread starter YoungDro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

YoungDro

I have heard DD say that he accidentally dosed the nutes to 1900 ppms in his res and the plants actually liked it and it was a major contribution to the huge yields he gets in the mpbs. The catch is to dose up to 1900 for only 12 hours at a time, once a week, weeks 3-8. I want to do this too though when would be the best time to do so?
When you change res, flush inbetween (night cycle) do you give them 1900 ppms for the first day of the week, then at night dump out nutes into another container until you get back to your desired ppms, then use the rest of those nutes to top off until you run out and go back to water until the next week and repeat process?
I'm not sure anyone knows to do that, from what i'm seeing no one else besides doubleds & the smiths is getting 3-4-5 pounds on this mpb system.
Some are not even using rockwool cubes and DD says that 6" cubes are a big contribution to the high yields.
Lets not spend all this time & money and get less than 2 pounds a plant, because thats less than 2 pounds a light which can be achieved by not using this system and just by good gardening skills like having PH-Perfect, any decent setup, and not overwatering...

Also i think i just remembered DD sayin that he has another rez for the night cycle that is 1000ppms since plants do not eat as much during lights out. that is a lot more work but is this the difference between 2 and 4 pounders?

L

Lost

The weight is largely about the strain being used. (Kush VS Sativas) Remember DD's got 2 pounds running bubba kush. Thats a good benchmark..

YoungDro, get a system up and running and see what its like. You worrying about all these little details, and that fine, but you need to get a system up and running to really understand this shiz. People think they are going to read a few grow journals and be able to pull multi pounders their first run... :)

waayne

waayne

The weight is largely about the strain being used. (Kush VS Sativas) Remember DD's got 2 pounds running bubba kush. Thats a good benchmark..

YoungDro, get a system up and running and see what its like. You worrying about all these little details, and that fine, but you need to get a system up and running to really understand this shiz. People think they are going to read a few grow journals and be able to pull multi pounders their first run... :)

Words of wisdom:evilgrin

A

antimatter

good gardening skills like having PH-Perfect, any decent setup, and not overwatering...

.....................................................................................................................................oh boy, how bout we start with some sunshine mix/promix.

K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

.....................................................................................................................................oh boy, how bout we start with some sunshine mix/promix.

ditto... just think some of us are so smart.. that we would not even attempt such a feat..lol and I have read every journal.. regardless of how smart or skilled you are.. very few people can pull of such a grow.. crawl before you walk then walk for a long while before you try to run.. jmo

N

nog

1900ppm would fuck all my plants whether indica/sativa or tomatoes,this is an ec of 3.8 ??????????????

M

mrdizzle

ditto... just think some of us are so smart.. that we would not even attempt such a feat..lol and I have read every journal.. regardless of how smart or skilled you are.. very few people can pull of such a grow.. crawl before you walk then walk for a long while before you try to run.. jmo

Im glad some people understand, I was starting to think I was in crazy land. soo much advice being given by people stacking dollar bills in their head and they havent even put a plant in a bucket yet.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I was wondering if it was just me. I try to be careful about giving advice. I would rather refer to the established mpb pros for the real answers. Still a mpb noob here, and proud to be learnin.
-TF :evilgrin0013:

E

easypleasie

I used to try and help folks in the beginning...then I got annoyed at myself for regurgitating info that has already been posted/answered. I'm sure others didn't like it either lol. I didn't want to come across as a know-it-all as I hadn't even run the mpb setup yet...only grew trees in coco. There's no need to constantly quote what DD has said in the past. And some of it may no longer be valid due to new changes. Lots of smart people that don't post...and then there are those that seek attention and/or validation. These folks often disappear when they realize they're not very popular lol.

DD gave us a guide to follow, lots of things can change with the strain you're using and the space you have. You have to read in between the lines sometimes...and some things you will only learn through practical experience.

Youngdro (i'm gonna call you young grasshopper or padawan lol), get your hands dirty or wet in this case, and you'll be able to answer a lot of these questions on your own. Try not to make it more complicated than it needs to be.

Do you already have a strain to work with? How well do you know the strain's needs? Try to keep things simple on your first run. It's better to have a half decent harvest than none at all.

drknockbootz

drknockbootz

Easypleasie thats some good info. You guys are right there's so many other things to worry about and focus on that would lead to a succesful harvest,other than juicing the plant for a short period of time. I guess if doubleds doesnt chime in with his point of view, you will have to find out on your own.

N

nog

Easypleasie thats some good info. You guys are right there's so many other things to worry about and focus on that would lead to a succesful harvest,other than juicing the plant for a short period of time. I guess if doubleds doesnt chime in with his point of view, you will have to find out on your own.

exactly, there are many variables,dd uses a lot of lumens, there is no point giving high nute levels if everything else like plenty of light, isnt 100% first. my advice for what its worth would be to get some good soil and a good hps lamp/s

A

antimatter

I would say the majority of growers that grow in soil and only soil, will never change even though there exceptional at what they do, they just don't wanna take the risk of losing plants or there entire crop. Even coco has to be babied, when you grow a plant in 10-15 gallons of coco that normally would be grown in 30 gallons of promix you gotta keep up on that shit, its 2x or more times a day of checking. Sometimes they need to be watered at midnight but were fine just a couple hours before.

Sure I have a drip system set up but I only set the timer when I gotta go away for a couple days, or when all plants are drinking so rapidly that they need watering 1-2x a day. My veg room doesn't have any drip set up but they usually don't drink to much until they get real big in veg.

Y

YoungDro

I did not think that I sound as if I was trying to be a know it all, I have decent experience with DWC and achieving 1/2 pound a plant in 5 gallon buckets. Although the equipment is not mine its my friends, with what nutrients he has (botanicare), no additives, and little setup he has. he has liked my work and is comfortable with me arranging things on my own.
I have successfully harvested 10 Oz trees, but im not real proud because its not mine though I contributed to how the plants were grown.
Good advice from who said to me not to make this harder or more complicated for myself. Because I have, but thats over now.

1900 ppms is only for a 12 hr period. 1 day. weeks 3-8

My goal is to have a successful real 1st time grow, to give inspiration to others that a good method of planning is actually doing the "physical work", in your head. If you know what I mean.

A

antimatter

experience with DWC and achieving 1/2 pound a plant in 5 gallon buckets. Although the equipment is not mine its my friends, w he has liked my work and is comfortable with me arranging things on my own.
I have successfully harvested 10 Oz trees, but im not real proud because its not mine though I contributed to how the plants were grown.

1900 ppms is only for a 12 hr period. 1 day. weeks 3-8

My goal is to have a successful real 1st time grow, to

good gardening skills like having PH-Perfect, any decent setup, and not overwatering...

:surprised

M

mrdizzle

My goal is to have a successful real 1st time grow, to give inspiration to others that a good method of planning is actually doing the "physical work", in your head. If you know what I mean.

you are already an inspiration

A

antimatter

Youngdro Im inspired but for your own sake make sure this is your money and your own space because growing doesn't pay for itself :devil

Its a good investment but in no way bulletproof, so many growers lose there shirts and that is just in soil. The failure rate is very high :devil

N

nog

good luck with your plans, i hope it comes off for you, let us know how you get on.

Y

YoungDro

I have 2 friends that have wasted 20 grand each i understand that issue.
I always make sure my bases are covered.
plus most money is equipment that should last, all other expenses include nutes, elec, and rent (covered)

Top Bottom