• Thread starter greenjoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
greenjoe

greenjoe

at least i didn't have to wait to long before i screwed up:mad0229:

greenjoe

greenjoe

i think i fried them....this is all (indoor) new to me........pic tmr and you tell me

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Noooooooooooo!!!! That's sucks.. But it takes failure 2 figure shit out.. I fucked up a grip of grows 2 get 2 where I'm at now.. & still I'm only 1/2 way 2 a pro.. Don't give up u will get it

B

basement botany

How did you fry them. Nutes, lights or both? Any pics of the distruction? Where do you think you went wrong?

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Oh don't feel too bad.

When my buddies and me decided to start growing 20 years ago, we ruined the house we lived in. Thank goodness my buddies dad was tearing it down after we moved out or we would have been fucked.

We setup a NFT setup made from gutters. The problem we had was the plants grew too fast. On one of the plants the stock was so big it bowed the rain gutter and caused 250 gallons to come dripping down the ceilings.

Came home to what looked like a rain storm inside the house. Water was coming down the stairs, the ceiling had massive water bubbles and in some spots the sheet rock fell threw. Wish we had digital cameras then.

What a nightmare that was to clean. And we lost it all to mold a week later.

I never gave up, you just need to learn from your mistakes. I have made lot's of em growing.:shake

greenjoe

greenjoe

i believe my fan was to far away and it got a bit hot...and probably some nute burn tossed in for the hell of it.......so far i learned not to rush...easy does it...once i post tmr...let me know what to do

B

basement botany

From the sound of it I thought they were toast. Those look pretty good. Believe me I have seen worse. Sounds like you had a momentary hic-up with ph and nutes looks fine now. Good job bringing them back from the brink.

greenjoe

greenjoe

ok..so excuse my ignorance on indoor hydro....Is it normal for the roots to grow like 6-7" overnite....yesterday i had no roots coming through the net pot...and this morning..whoa...they are everywhere...i am not complaining....oh i and i lowered my balllast to 3/4 power, so i guess i am running at roughtly 700w as i have to move my ceiling on my grow room...much to low for a 1000w.........

Also should i be getting the tops of the coco balls wet during lights?

M

MTM

When my SSH was dialed in they drank 3 gallons of food per day in DWC,thats normal root growth

K

kes5480

Also should i be getting the tops of the coco balls wet during lights?

i dont think those are coco, pretty sure its hydroton...lol:bow

oh yea and to answer that question...no need to get the tops of your "coco balls" wet. haha that sounds funny

peace

greenjoe

greenjoe

hahaha...wtf...coco balls, what am i on dope.....hydrotron.....thats's it ya...
thanks for the info....kes5480 and MTM

j wizzle

j wizzle

damn...that isnt shit...

i was thinking alot worse. your plants will come out of it just fine... just keep it simple, everything goes faster in hydro, dont be surprised to see a couple inches of new growth each day during the stretch...

good luck buddy

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

those don't look nearly as bad as your OP made it sound lol, it's just a bit of nutrient burn, nothing that they can't come back from.

greenjoe

greenjoe

i am understanding a lot more now.....after reading a lot of information here........................rookie mistakes

j wizzle

j wizzle

i am understanding a lot more now.....after reading a lot of information here........................rookie mistakes

youll be making a TON of mistakes....the biggest lesson you can learn is to be patient. most people make it worse trying to over correct every mistake they make. dont do anything drastic, just fix things a little at a time and you will make it through and have a beautiful harvest.

greenjoe

greenjoe

Purple kush

lots of roots growing through the net pot....about a foot long...

i am doing 5 outside and 3 indoors....

the 3 indoors are ahead of the outdoor ones(well d'uh)

j wizzle

j wizzle

seperate thos outdoor plants ASAP...

if you have a problem with 1, it will affect the other 2....not to mention they will be fighting each other for space inside that tiny bucket

what if 1 is a male/hermies on you, all the roots are growing together and you have to kill the hermie? now you have dead roots that will rot and have an affect on the other 2

Top Bottom