1st Ever Grow - Outdoor Auto, Ice Cool Auto, Spain.

• Thread starter mothhhawk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mothhhawk

mothhhawk

Hi guys,

Just thought id post about my outdoor autoflower.

This is my first ever grow of any kind, and as i live in southern spain where the sun is plentiful i thought its high time that i started to grow my own stuff.

A friend planted some last year and this year and has had some pretty good smoke from the same equipment i have. Hes had Killer Kush, Big Devil, Big Bud and some purple/red looking plant. So i thought... why not give it a go.

I have a very primitive set up, but sometimes thats all you need. Growing can get complicated. So lets see how it goes.

I spent 50 euros - around $55

I got:
- 4 Ice Cool Auto seeds from the garden centre down the road
- 4 x large pots
- 50 Litres Bio Bizz light mix
- Bio Bizz starter pack - Fish food, Bio Bloom and Top Max,

My terrace gets:

- 15 hours of daylight
- 12 hours direct sunlight
- avergae temperature of 25-33°C or 77-91°F (dipping to 20-25°C or 68-77°F at night)

Planted the seeds on May 31st, they took 6 days to appear.

Got one doing really well, 2 doing pretty good, and a gimp - wont grow up, but grows outwards. Think some greenfly ate some of the leaf when it popped up and has stunted its growth.

The plants range from 7-11 inches so far - apart from the weird one. And all showing plenty of fan leaves and quite bushy.

Heres a couple of pics at 15 days old - 9 days after sprouting up.

And a couple taken at 20 days old - 14 days after sprouting.

Ill keep you all posted on how things are going...

Happy toking.

1st ever grow   outdoor auto ice cool auto spain
1st ever grow   outdoor auto ice cool auto spain 2
1st ever grow   outdoor auto ice cool auto spain 3
1st ever grow   outdoor auto ice cool auto spain 4
1st ever grow   outdoor auto ice cool auto spain 5
Last edited:
mothhhawk

mothhhawk

That runt might surprise you and turn out to be the best one. they look good.

You're right - the runt has split in to two and caught up! its around 14 inches high, the biggest is at 20 inches. Cant believe how fast they are growing.

mothhhawk

mothhhawk

Photos at day 31 from planting, or day 25 from whenthey started sprouting. They sure are growing at an amazing rate!! More than happy with everything so far.

20160626 215159
20160626 215213
20160626 215105
20160628 103912
GRASSY LAKE

GRASSY LAKE

What size pots are you using?what size do you plan on going too or going into the ground?
Looks great!

mothhhawk

mothhhawk

What size pots are you using?what size do you plan on going too or going into the ground?
Looks great!

Thanks mate, im not entirely sure of the size but i reckon they are about 25 - 30 litre pots (approx 6-8 gallons). one of them is a 15 litre one, as one of the big ones i bought cracked. I could have done with another bag of the Bio Bizz soil, but couldnt wait. (note how the pots aren't quite full) Ive heard/read that the bigger the pots the better.
All plants are between 15 inches - 20 inches high (38 - 52cm)

As they are autoflower, they will only grow to about 60cm - 120 cm maximum.

They began flowering by themselves just 3 days ago, and just seem to be bursting with buds now. I have started on the bio bloom now too, and will start using top max next week i think. From seed to chopping i think it will be 9 weeks. they are at 32 day now from going in the ground, so about another 30-35 days before they get the chop.

Its my first ever grow of any kind and am quite happy with the results so far.

Oh, and i dont have a garden so not going in the ground :) My friend has had good results from just these size pots. Quick to grow and very easy.

i just got 50 litres of Bio Bizz light soil, BioBizz fish mix, BioBizz Bloom and Bio Bizz top max. Thats all i could get my hands on around here in Spain, i could order stuff to my apartment, but the spanish post is shit, and i'm out all day at work too.

GRASSY LAKE

GRASSY LAKE

Oh your further along then I thought.autoflower huh I'm going too have to try that some day.looks great.keep the pictures coming too show your progress!

Bannacis

Bannacis

Thanks mate, im not entirely sure of the size but i reckon they are about 25 - 30 litre pots (approx 6-8 gallons). one of them is a 15 litre one, as one of the big ones i bought cracked. I could have done with another bag of the Bio Bizz soil, but couldnt wait. (note how the pots aren't quite full) Ive heard/read that the bigger the pots the better.
All plants are between 15 inches - 20 inches high (38 - 52cm)

As they are autoflower, they will only grow to about 60cm - 120 cm maximum.

They began flowering by themselves just 3 days ago, and just seem to be bursting with buds now. I have started on the bio bloom now too, and will start using top max next week i think. From seed to chopping i think it will be 9 weeks. they are at 32 day now from going in the ground, so about another 30-35 days before they get the chop.

Its my first ever grow of any kind and am quite happy with the results so far.

Oh, and i dont have a garden so not going in the ground :) My friend has had good results from just these size pots. Quick to grow and very easy.

i just got 50 litres of Bio Bizz light soil, BioBizz fish mix, BioBizz Bloom and Bio Bizz top max. Thats all i could get my hands on around here in Spain, i could order stuff to my apartment, but the spanish post is shit, and i'm out all day at work too.

In future, When growing the Auto you will know more about how they grow. specially if its same strain.
You will know about when they will start to flower, so a week before then...start bloom nutes.
Should plant in one pot with no transplanting. looking good...nice thick main stem.
Oh and you count from the day they sprouted, and go from there. Keep these records for all your grows, strain specific. average time they took to sprout, how long it took to develop. as from first true leaf to how much it grew daily. when and if it preflowered or went straight to flower. keep track of your watering and feeding schedule. flowering length...over all time.
Not saying you need to keep all of that, but only what interest you and think will benefit your growing skills. Finding what works and what doesn't and how to improve other areas is important. writing things down will help. this site is a good place for info and help.

Last edited:
mothhhawk

mothhhawk

Thanks for your help Bannacis, i have written a few notes in my notepad, and how much i have been feeding them and how often etc. Never really thought of that, so i had to back track a little (quite hard with a fuzzy head) and remember what i can. They are looking great now too. I think they have reached their optimum height, around 22-27 inches - 58-69 cm. I will post some more pictures tomorrow.

mothhhawk

mothhhawk

Day 42 from seed, day 35 from sprouting and things are looking good!! Blasting them with bloom nutes now. The buds sure are coming along nicely. The small plant has the best ones, and stink like shit!! (Good shit)
The gimp that split in to 2 is doing amazing too.
And the other 2 are 28 inches high with lots of buds.
Around 3 weeks till harvest i reckon. Im so excited

20160710 232452
20160710 232351
20160710 232327
20160710 232318
Bannacis

Bannacis

looking real good...keep it up, hope you have a good drying area. you can mess it all up if not dried and cured properly.

mothhhawk

mothhhawk

looking real good...keep it up, hope you have a good drying area. you can mess it all up if not dried and cured properly.

Thanks! I have a store room downstairs in the garage that is about 22-24 degrees all the time, will get a little fan to keep the air circulating. My apartment is way too hot, and have no air con either up there.

Would you suggest cutting off the leaves when its ready and hanging the whole pant upside down? Some have said cut the stalks with the buds on and do it like that, and others say the whole plant. Im gonna go with the whole plant i reckon. Wait till its sticky then put in to glass jars and open it twice a day and check for mould etc, and give it a good airing. I remember a friend in the UK dried his way too fast and the weed turned shit :(

Bannacis

Bannacis

Temp around 71 degrees, not bad with fan for circulation is good.
I take off all extra leaf, basically a wet trim. and hang individually branches. allows an even air flow around buds.
7-10 days, check a medium size stem by bending it. it should be closer to snapping.
when put in jars and when you check them for first time, if they smell damp or grassy...leave lid off for a bit to dry more.
Do no forget to check them, cause if there is moisture in them. they can go bad real quick in closed jar.

mothhhawk

mothhhawk

Well yesterday was a super hot day here in Spain around 110 degrees f.
The plants took a bit of a hammering and some of the hairs turned brownish on the top buds - I think from the heat.

Think i have slight calcium deficiency too slight yellow spots on some of the leaves. See pics

They seem ok though.

Heres a couple more pics of leaves and orange hairs...

20160713 141013
20160713 140819
20160713 140320
Bannacis

Bannacis

You can use a shade cloth over those girls to protect them from the hot sun. it lets in plenty of rays.
just need to set up a trellis over top to lay the cloth.
The cloth is like a net, but it will protect your tops. and wont affect your yield.

mothhhawk

mothhhawk

Thanks Bannacis.
When you say shade cloth do you mean a specific kind? Or like just a plain sheet?
I got points where i could just tie one up.
Or....
Part of my terrace is covered with thin sticks which let some sun through, kind of like that camouflage netting/webbing you see over tanks in the army. Might just move them under there.
Its constant sun here every single day, non stop, too much red hot sun cant be that good for them. I dunno.

1468663680775 1415334476
20160716 044619
Bannacis

Bannacis

The shade cloth is like the camo netting you mentioned, it lets in light but less intense. I would say your hunting camo would work fine.
don't use a sheet, and your stick covering overhead looks to be to much of a sun block.
There is prolly different types of shades, you want minimal shading (lets in more light). they have them for seedlings...this type you don't want.

Top Bottom