1st Greenhouse Grow

• Thread starter SierraFarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frostynugman

Frostynugman

How much did you put this together for? I was looking into this model at HF and it looked a lil pricey... Subbed for the show best of luck

SierraFarmer

SierraFarmer

How much did you put this together for? I was looking into this model at HF and it looked a lil pricey... Subbed for the show best of luck
I got it from harbor freight this last winter. I received a $500 off coupon in the mail and paid a little over $400 out the door. The only extras I bought were the self tapping screws for panels and couple cases of silicone. If I were you I would wait till their winter sale ads are out and then buy it. Saved myself $500.

K

kolah

All together I have about $800 in it total and that includes soil, seeds, and all equipment. Except the water pump and swamp cooler I had already.

less than 800 bucks for the GH with double poly panels ? That's a deal..did you buy it new or used?

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

All together I have about $800 in it total and that includes soil, seeds, and all equipment. Except the water pump and swamp cooler I had already.
Steal Of a Deal!!! Looks like you planned a lil better than me! Im renting so the lil hoophouse im doing should suffice. Next Year Ill be getting on those coups fasho. Good Looking House dude

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I missed this thread! Eastern scarp? I'm western scarp, but thinkin' about making a drive out to Carson City to pick up some Everclear. Plus, my Volvo needs to go out for a romp on 88.

And color me jelly on that GH. Totes.

SierraFarmer

SierraFarmer

Steal Of a Deal!!! Looks like you planned a lil better than me! Im renting so the lil hoophouse im doing should suffice. Next Year Ill be getting on those coups fasho. Good Looking House dude
Thanks much appreciated. For what I paid I was expecting it to be a pile of shit, but it's actually an awesome deal. If anyone else decides to go with this Harbor Freight Greenhouse, my only suggestion would be to buy a lot of self tapping sheet metal screws for paneling. They give you these flimsy ass paper clips pretty much to hold them in. First gust of wind and I would think the panels are gone lol. That is my only complaint with the greenhouse

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No shit! Not too familiar with Gardnerville, but familiar enough to get there. I'm waaayy upcountry from you.

SierraFarmer

SierraFarmer

All my seedlings are starting to show sex. So far only 3 males out of the, but 3 still have yet to show clearly yet. Will update with a few pictures tomorrow. Growing quick the only problem I am having is I'm getting a pinkish white sludge buildup in reservoir. I was in hospital for back surgery for the last week and my wife let the PH rise to 8.2. I was wondering if this would cause this due to PH and direct sunlight exposure. Or should I look for other issues. Water temp has been staying anywhere from 58-65 and I also sterilize reservoir every fill/change, which about is at least once a week. I also sterilize pumps, air stones, and all water and air lines. My current air setup is a 45lpm pump with 3 large airstones. Any advise is appreciated and my tap water is 7.1 PH to start with. Also using synthetic PH Adjuster. Water is also being constantly circulated while drip lines are off. Sorry for the novel, just thought the more info I provide the easier a resolution could be found. Thanks again everyone.

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

All my seedlings are starting to show sex. So far only 3 males out of the, but 3 still have yet to show clearly yet. Will update with a few pictures tomorrow. Growing quick the only problem I am having is I'm getting a pinkish white sludge buildup in reservoir. I was in hospital for back surgery for the last week and my wife let the PH rise to 8.2. I was wondering if this would cause this due to PH and direct sunlight exposure. Or should I look for other issues. Water temp has been staying anywhere from 58-65 and I also sterilize reservoir every fill/change, which about is at least once a week. I also sterilize pumps, air stones, and all water and air lines. My current air setup is a 45lpm pump with 3 large airstones. Any advise is appreciated and my tap water is 7.1 PH to start with. Also using synthetic PH Adjuster. Water is also being constantly circulated while drip lines are off. Sorry for the novel, just thought the more info I provide the easier a resolution could be found. Thanks again everyone.
Sounds like algae from sunlight try topping the res and getting another pump to recirculate the water from the bottom to the top kind of like a waterfall. And if your leaving a rez for a week Id imagine your plants aren't growing really fast. Try and filling half the rez and changing it twice a week youll have happier plants FASHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
SierraFarmer

SierraFarmer

Sounds like algae from sunlight try topping the res and getting another pump to recirculate the water from the bottom to the top kind of like a waterfall. And if your leaving a rez for a week( which i can smell from here) Id imagine your plants aren't growing really fast. Try and filling half the rez and changing it twice a week youll have happier plants FASHO.
I do already have a pump recirculating water all the time unless I turn the drip valve on. I will be transplanting into 10 gallon root pouches this week so I will have to change reservoir more frequently since I will be using more. Never had this issue until my wife let PH go way up and there is no smell. I'm not retarded and letting my water be stagnant to promote algae and bacteria. Look up at the rest of the thread or at least read the entire post before you say you can smell my reservoir from there. Once a week my reservoir goes empty from watering. I check my ppm, ec, temp, and ph regularly so like I said the only change was the ph. My plants are growing fine and are very happy, I obviously would not water with this issue. I have already sanitized and filled reservoir and just wanted to know what the cause was, not for you to spout off some rediculous shit saying you can smell my reservoir. I have been using this reservoir for a little over a month now with no issues. Don't know if you noticed but I'm a very proud person and very much a perfectionist. This is why I hate forums, there's always that one asshole who wants to talk shit about something stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
SierraFarmer

SierraFarmer

Took a picture of it on the water pump before cleaning. Did a test with a gallon of nasty nutrient mix and found that once I adjusted ph down to normal range, the sludge began to decompose and also formed foam on top of solution. Don't know if this helps any but figured I would throw it out there.

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

I do already have a pump recirculating water all the time unless I turn the drip valve on. I will be transplanting into 10 gallon root pouches this week so I will have to change reservoir more frequently since I will be using more. Never had this issue until my wife let PH go way up and there is no smell. I'm not retarded and letting my water be stagnant to promote algae and bacteria. Look up at the rest of the thread or at least read the entire post before you say you can smell my reservoir from there. Once a week my reservoir goes empty from watering. I check my ppm, ec, temp, and ph regularly so like I said the only change was the ph. My plants are growing fine and are very happy, I obviously would not water with this issue. I have already sanitized and filled reservoir and just wanted to know what the cause was, not for you to spout off some rediculous shit saying you can smell my reservoir. I have been using this reservoir for a little over a month now with no issues. Don't know if you noticed but I'm a very proud person and very much a perfectionist. This is why I hate forums, there's always that one asshole who wants to talk shit about something stupid. By the way that smell is your vagina, might want to check your PH lol.
My bad my communication wasn't fragile enough. Your like alot of growers. I didnt mean any harm.Thing is, I had that problem and fixed it by simply changing the rez every day. That brown stuff is bacteria and algae and will even get in there with PH'ed water my man. Seen it happen. Here is a link to what it looks like and since you probaly use salt based nutes then it would make sense yeah? It is brown slime algae from build up of excess Nitrogen and Phosphorus. and IMO that brown stuff does smell a little bit. Cap has a nice rinse for "getting slimed" either way if you asked a question be open to anyone to answer. Hope your GH kills it man. have a good one

Last edited:
SierraFarmer

SierraFarmer

My bad my communication wasn't fragile enough. Your like alot of growers. I didnt mean any harm.Thing is, I had that problem and fixed it by simply changing the rez every day. That brown stuff is bacteria and algae and will even get in there with PH'ed water my man. Seen it happen. Here is a link to what it looks like and since you probaly use salt based nutes then it would make sense yeah? It is brown slime algae from build up of excess Nitrogen and Phosphorus. and IMO that brown stuff does smell a little bit. Cap has a nice rinse for "getting slimed" either way if you asked a question be open to anyone to answer. Hope your GH kills it man. have a good one
Man I'm so sorry no excuse for my hateful words. Just read what I wrote and it was uncalled for. I apologize very much. Had a rough day today, my backs killing me from surgery and these damn pain pills have me thinking not so clearly. I'm sorry again that was completely uncalled for and I had no right to say some dumb shit like that. Please accept my apology and thank you very much for the advise and knowledge. I'm so sorry again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom