1st Greenhouse Grow

• Thread starter SierraFarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SierraFarmer

SierraFarmer

I'm going to be taking a break from the forum for at least a few weeks guys till I get to feeling better and clear in my head. I'm sorry to everyone that read my way over reaction to helpful advise. This was completely uncalled for and I'm sorry for making a fool of myself and bringing hate into this forum. Everyone on here is very helpful and very kind. I am especially sorry to frostynugman, good guy that even gave me more advise after I acted like a complete idiot. I'm extremely sorry and embarrassed by my actions and it won't happen again.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
:) Get yourself well, SF. And remember that *many*, if not most of us here are medical patients, we understand pain. We're here for each other like that.
What's filamentous?
Makes filaments, or hairs. A more common name is simply hair algae.
View attachment 404716 Took a picture of it on the water pump before cleaning. Did a test with a gallon of nasty nutrient mix and found that once I adjusted ph down to normal range, the sludge began to decompose and also formed foam on top of solution. Don't know if this helps any but figured I would throw it out there.
The foam may indicate your pump is pulling air in somewhere creating a venturi, which would then cause dissolved organic compounds to attach themselves to the super-fine bubbles, thus being brought to the top. You can probably just stir it back down, but you might want to check the fittings. The odd thing for me, with all my years of aquatic experience, is that I've never seen a shift in pH change any aspects of hair algae *or* cyanobacteria. That could just as easily be because I've only observed in in systems with livestock in them, and I *have* seen how large shifts in pH can kill fish, lots of them, VERY quickly. Don't ask how I know.

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

Man I'm so sorry no excuse for my hateful words. Just read what I wrote and it was uncalled for. I apologize very much. Had a rough day today, my backs killing me from surgery and these damn pain pills have me thinking not so clearly. I'm sorry again that was completely uncalled for and I had no right to say some dumb shit like that. Please accept my apology and thank you very much for the advise and knowledge. I'm so sorry again.

DUUUUDE!! dont worry about it if anything ive learned to have tough skin. I just didnt want you like FUCK FROSTY!!! I was just trying to help. Hope everything gets better my man I am still staying subbed because this thing is sweet as hell. Hope you get better TTYL

SierraFarmer

SierraFarmer

:) Get yourself well, SF. And remember that *many*, if not most of us here are medical patients, we understand pain. We're here for each other like that.

Makes filaments, or hairs. A more common name is simply hair algae.

The foam may indicate your pump is pulling air in somewhere creating a venturi, which would then cause dissolved organic compounds to attach themselves to the super-fine bubbles, thus being brought to the top. You can probably just stir it back down, but you might want to check the fittings. The odd thing for me, with all my years of aquatic experience, is that I've never seen a shift in pH change any aspects of hair algae *or* cyanobacteria. That could just as easily be because I've only observed in in systems with livestock in them, and I *have* seen how large shifts in pH can kill fish, lots of them, VERY quickly. Don't ask how I know.
The test I did was just in a 5 gallon bucket with no pump and mixing by hand with ph down. Once I got ph below 6.5, the mixture began to produce foam and the slime started to dissolve. I have no idea what to think of it. Thx everyone for understanding my situation and all the help and advise.

SierraFarmer

SierraFarmer

DUUUUDE!! dont worry about it if anything ive learned to have tough skin. I just didnt want you like FUCK FROSTY!!! I was just trying to help. Hope everything gets better my man I am still staying subbed because this thing is sweet as hell. Hope you get better TTYL
Well thx again for understanding and I know you were only helping with good advise. I might be posting some more pics of my ladies when I feel up to it. Thank you again ttyl.

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

The test I did was just in a 5 gallon bucket with no pump and mixing by hand with ph down. Once I got ph below 6.5, the mixture began to produce foam and the slime started to dissolve. I have no idea what to think of it. Thx everyone for understanding my situation and all the help and advise.
Well when you add acid to a living organism of course its going to slow down and wear away, but it will not go away completely. Are you using a filter system?

SierraFarmer

SierraFarmer

Well when you add acid to a living organism of course its going to slow down and wear away, but it will not go away completely. Are you using a filter system?
Not really there is a very course filter that's inside the pump but that's about it

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

Not really there is a very course filter that's inside the pump but that's about it
You might have some better luck with a small boy from the dro store for like 60 bucks would last you the summer and most likely cut down the crap coming through the water source. (crap is loosely used LOL) Like chlorine and other weird minerals that arent too hot for this plant. Just an Idea, I use a Small boy and change filters every 12 weeks or so.

SierraFarmer

SierraFarmer

You might have some better luck with a small boy from the dro store for like 60 bucks would last you the summer and most likely cut down the crap coming through the water source. (crap is loosely used LOL) Like chlorine and other weird minerals that arent too hot for this plant. Just an Idea, I use a Small boy and change filters every 12 weeks or so.
That's a very good idea. I will have to go get one as soon as I am able to make the drive to the store. Do you think that Home Depot or Lowes might have these? The hydro store I got to is almost an hour away and these stores are much closer. Is the small boy just a carbon filter or is there more to it?

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

Its a carbon sediment filter I havent seen the good enough ones at home depot, sorry. The Small boy is plant sensitive for sure. that suck sorry about the drive man you can order online too!

SierraFarmer

SierraFarmer

Its a carbon sediment filter I havent seen the good enough ones at home depot, sorry. The Small boy is plant sensitive for sure. that suck sorry about the drive man you can order online too!
Ya found one on ebay for $65 shipped to my house. I also saw a stealth 100 upgrade for it. Do you think that would be worth buying as well?

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

I just have the normal one my man, seems to do the trick nicely. remember you do not want all the minerals out, just some.

SierraFarmer

SierraFarmer

Here is a few updated pics for everyone. Transplanted into 10 gallon geopots filled with Pro-Mix HP and also added some more perlite for drainage. Also made a circular drip setup for each plant. Only problem is all my clones have begun to bloom. Any advice on what I should do. They were really root bound when transplanted will they reveg or should I eliminate them now and try with different clones I have indoors. They are Atomic Northern Lights and Whit Fire OG. The second to last picture is the ANL and the last is the WFOG. I have only manicured the right side of the greenhouse, still have the rest to do. Thanks again for any advice.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Good going for your first green house bro, I wouldnt know where to start, I am sure someone will come along with the answer. @caregiverken will be the man to ask on the farm. good luck on your grow;)
Thanks Cana:) I have only been growing a few years now. But My 1st grow went just like this..(no green house) I put plants out and they flowered early(june)
some farmers told me to toss em and start with new ones..And, someone here at the farm to me to do a Light deprivation. I did. It worked...Ive been doing lite deps ever since :)

Here is a few updated pics for everyone. Transplanted into 10 gallon geopots filled with Pro-Mix HP and also added some more perlite for drainage. Also made a circular drip setup for each plant. Only problem is all my clones have begun to bloom. Any advice on what I should do. They were really root bound when transplanted will they reveg or should I eliminate them now and try with different clones I have indoors. They are Atomic Northern Lights and Whit Fire OG. The second to last picture is the ANL and the last is the WFOG. I have only manicured the right side of the greenhouse, still have the rest to do. Thanks again for any advice. View attachment 408684View attachment 408685View attachment 408686View attachment 408687
Totaly Awesome set up man! Those plants look good too.
But I highly advise against letting them reveg.
It weakens the plant and can/will take a long time.
The buds will suck. and you might get PM and other diseases

So, You either gotta Lite dep em or toss em..
Or keep a couple and find out the hard way like I have :)

Can you cover that whole Greenhouse each evening for the 5 weeks or so??
Or build a little hoophouse to put them in and cover?

Best of luck what ever you decide!

Last edited:
SierraFarmer

SierraFarmer

Thanks Cana:) I have only been growing a few years now. But My 1st grow went just like this..(no green house) I put plants out and they flowered early(june)
some farmers told me to toss em and start with new ones..And, someone here at the farm to me to do a Light deprivation. I did. It worked...Ive been doing lite deps ever since :)

Totaly Awesome set up man! Those plants look good too.
But I highly advise against letting them reveg.
It weakens the plant and can/will take a long time.
The buds will suck. and you might get PM and other diseases

So, You either gotta Lite dep em or toss em..
Or keep a couple and find out the hard way like I have :)

Can you cover that whole Greenhouse each evening for the 5 weeks or so??
Or build a little hoophouse to put them in and cover?

Best of luck what ever you decide!
Do you think it's too late for the WFOG? They have only developed hairs in the past 2 days and no actual buds yet. I'm going to probably just move the ANL outside and maybe try some C4 in there. The ANL are just so small I will probably only get an ounce out of all 4 if I'm lucky lol

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Do you think it's too late for the WFOG? They have only developed hairs in the past 2 days and no actual buds yet. I'm going to probably just move the ANL outside and maybe try some C4 in there. The ANL are just so small I will probably only get an ounce out of all 4 if I'm lucky lol
yeah, dont waste GH space with those ANL..
I dont know about the Wifi..its a gamble..maybe just keep a few in there?

hopefully the days are long enough to bring more clones out now
Are the C4 clones on 18/6 lighting now?

Top Bottom