1st grow. Any help appreciated.

• Thread starter Kasper0909
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lefty_grows

lefty_grows

How can you tell they need to be fed? Going to the hydro store today to pick up the fox farms nutrient trio. But they didn't seem to need to be fed yet.
The ff soil will feed them atleast 4 weeks without using nutrients

J

jerz93

My two cents are that plants are a lot happier with slow, steady and always available vs random large doses. Use a pure water source and 2 - 3 drops of calmag per gallon of water each watering. If you are not growing organic flush often to keep salts from building up in the rhizosphere, and don't let the plant suck up the runoff when flushing.

Green side up^
DtS
Question on my own grow.. When you say not organic, are you referring to nutes such as Advanced Nutrients? My plant is in FF Oceangrow/happy frog with 30% perlite added. I have a 17 day old Arjans Haze, & 2 Aurora Indica I just started that I'm going to provide the Advanced nutrient micro, grow,bloom mixture, which I will mix into RO water. Are these nutrients that you'd flush often because of salts?
Any help is much appreciated!

Maxwax

Maxwax

Question on my own grow.. When you say not organic, are you referring to nutes such as Advanced Nutrients? My plant is in FF Oceangrow/happy frog with 30% perlite added. I have a 17 day old Arjans Haze, & 2 Aurora Indica I just started that I'm going to provide the Advanced nutrient micro, grow,bloom mixture, which I will mix into RO water. Are these nutrients that you'd flush often because of salts?
No. Not with that soil, R.O. water and a modest nutrient routine. When youre going into harvest mode, then you flush. Opinions may differ but thats probaly the general answer and what Ive learned. If it was Coco Coir then you have a flushing routine because of the salt index.

Dudethatsweet

Dudethatsweet

Advanced nutrients have both synthetic and organic fert lines. If your bottle doesn't say organic or OMRI on the label somewhere they are synthetic and have the potential to salt burn. In my experience using RO helps due to reduced TDS. I've even had issues growing organically when using tap water at 150ppm. Keep and eye on your girls if their leaves start to show signs of burn, flush. When I'm at that point I'll put'em in the tub and flush with 3 liters of water for plants that usually get 2 liters to drink. You don't want to strip the soil, its more like diluting.

Nice choice in soil mix and pearlite. To help your pots retain water you could also go 50/50 pearlite/vermiculite. Add some compost and live worm castings = pretty happy girls. If in the future you want to see the full potential of your genetics, research living soil. It's a little more work up front but deff worth it.

I grow in living soil and also use spikes and layers. It is as close to a just add water grow situation that you can get. However, sometimes when the roots find a spike you might see some fertilizer burn but usually on older growth only.

Lastly, strongly consider using a mulch layer on the surface. It will keep the topsoil moist and keep a lot of root action in the upper layers. I use pine bark that I grind down further to about pea size.

Green side up^
DtS

Last edited:
LivingBlackSoil

LivingBlackSoil

Nutes in soil follows the idea that we know what plants need/crave. I do not. The more I'm involved the more possibilities for me to mess up. Good soil and top dressing will give you quality cannabis with fewer headaches. Maybe not as fast and maybe not as big but maybe a better finished product.

K

Kasper0909

Anyone have any idea what this is? Had it early on on one of the bigger plants when it was young but it eventually went away. I was thinking it was from getting water on the leaves but it doesn't always happen.

20220407 123630
K

Kasper0909

Update on my plants today. Looks like maybe a 3rd cola coming up on the first pics.

20220407 123342
20220407 123248
20220407 123625
20220407 123634
Heywood

Heywood

For these young plants, your humidity levels seem kind of low at 33%, unless I read that wrong on your hygrometer.
40 - 50% range would do them well.

K

Kasper0909

Ya I'm trying. The humidifier I ordered came broken today. At first it was staying really humid in there then all of the sudden not so much.

Heywood

Heywood

Ya I'm trying. The humidifier I ordered came broken today. At first it was staying really humid in there then all of the sudden not so much.
Yeah, it will fluctuate. Humidity will certainly increase for awhile when you water them.

Also, on the fabric pots, consider putting saucers under them to catch any runoff. Might also want to put something under the pots to suspend them up out of the saucers so they are not sitting in a puddle of water. Gentle air circulation all around the plants is a good thing. Emphasis on the word "gentle".

K

Kasper0909

Just watered last night. I will probably do a low feeding on the next water. Hopefully these are mostly female. The 2 Jack herer are feminized but the 3 Tahoe og are regular. Any bets on males?

20220413 100411
Dudethatsweet

Dudethatsweet

Just watered last night. I will probably do a low feeding on the next water. Hopefully these are mostly female. The 2 Jack herer are feminized but the 3 Tahoe og are regular. Any bets on males?
I usually get 7 or 8 females out of 10. Could be the genes, Kingdom Organic Seeds
Don't stress the plants.
Give them a little nitrogen early on.
Use a 12 / 12 light cycle for the first week, then 16 / 8 for 3 weeks from seed.
I try to maintain 76 degrees from sprout to veg. The more stability and consistency the better.

Try it and see.

K

Kasper0909

I usually get 7 or 8 females out of 10. Could be the genes, Kingdom Organic Seeds
Don't stress the plants.
Give them a little nitrogen early on.
Use a 12 / 12 light cycle for the first week, then 16 / 8 for 3 weeks from seed.
I try to maintain 76 degrees from sprout to veg. The more stability and consistency the better.

Try it and see.
Ok I will definitely give that a shot on the next round

Heywood

Heywood

Can't quite tell from the pics, but it looks like some of your leaves may be in constant contact with the soil.
You don't want that... it will just invite problems.

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Latest posts

Top Bottom