1st Grow, Basic Questions

• Thread starter WickedTomboi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WickedTomboi

WickedTomboi

Sorry I've been MIA everyone. First, my girlfriend had a bit of an anxiety attack and made me get rid of everything I was growing. That sent me into a deep depression which eventually led me straight to the psychiatric hospital for the 2nd time in my life, and that's pretty much where I've been. I haven't smoked in over a month.

Being in the hospital was helpful to some degree but also not. However, I did get a new more detailed diagnosis and had a med reevaluation. Apparently, I have borderline personality disorder alone with major depressive disorder and anxiety. The borderline thing is the biggest issue here. They are weaning me off of zoloft and that will be replaced with Effexor. I am still taking klonopin however they upped my dose to 2mg a day instead of 1mg, which is bittersweet because at this point I desperately need it simply not to jump off a bridge but on the other hand - continuing to up my dose of benzodiazapams is definitely not the long term answer. I've already been on benzos for 6 years. I'm chemically dependent on them. As soon as my body is running low I go into panic mode. What feels like a panic attack is actually just me being stages of withdrawal. The only way to wean off of my benzos is to do is extremely slowly. On top of that, I've been prescribed Risperdol which is supposed to help with my mood stability and my racing thoughts. Everything was going seemingly well with that, until last night when I awoke like lightning at 2am in FULL PANIC MODE, with what felt like a million people packed into my brain like a crowded subway car at rush hour and everyone was screaming different things and I was trying to concentrate on just one voice but I couldn't and I started to freak so I had to get up and take 2 klonopin, sit on my couch and cry for an hour before I was able to go back to sleep.

I'm extremely stressed out and worried. My gf has agreed to let me grow 1-2 plants MAXIMUM for my own personal use, but now I have to start from scratch. I'm not going to go buy anything on the street because who the fuck knows what it is and with these new meds I'm scared. I'm going to have to do a ton of research on how various strains could potentially affect the medications I'm on. See, my ultimate goal was to wean off of the klonopin and use cannabis for both my anxiety and physical pain. On the other hand, it's been proven that cannabis can potentially cancel out the affects of anti-depressants so that would effectively make my effexor pointless. And then there's the risperdol, the big one with the most potential side affects. I'm so frustrated right now. I want to lose my mind but I'm afraid I already have. Needless to say, I have no plants left. I have nothing. I have to start from the bottom again and I was just about to begin flowering the previous plant. OH FUCKING WELL.

Toaster79

Toaster79

I'd say go for some heavy indica to calm you down or knock you out when you're on the edge. And put your gf on a leash. She's not really being helpful there :/

Wish you all the best!

Keep it green!

WickedTomboi

WickedTomboi

I'd say go for some heavy indica to calm you down or knock you out when you're on the edge. And put your gf on a leash. She's not really being helpful there :/

Wish you all the best!

Keep it green!
I think she's more just worried about 2 things (1) getting caught by her mother who pays all our bills essentially and (2) because of my borderline personality disorder, i tend to throw myself into one thing (i.e. growing) and start to neglect everything else around me. It's a process for sure. I was so mad and upset and disappointed, I kind of went overboard and overreacted - she told me I could finish this grow but I was so angry and i couldn't control my emotions that i just went nuts and threw it all out. I'm starting 2 new seedlings now, Aurora Indica from Nirvana seeds. See how it goes. I'm keeping a much more laid back perspective at this point after all that has happened.

It sucks because I have so much quality equipment and so many quality seeds I just want to throw myself into it, but I can't. We don't have the space just yet. So - I'm gonna take a few deep breaths and try these two plants. Hopefully I can hold off for a long ass fucking time because I can't smoke anything until then, unless by some miracle I get a hookup. Meh, life goes on.

Bones69

Bones69

Hang in there girl better day's ahead! I grew out nirvana's aurora once before and it was pretty good but if you want a good nirvana recommendation here it is.
My top 3 nirvana strains.
Favorite, Bubbalicious. Hands down their best strain! The key to this strain is a good cure. 1 to 2 months and the smell and taste is amazing! The high kind of creeps up on ya but great to smoke around people and don't have you feeling retarded.

second favorite Master kush.
This is a real nice smoke. Grows nice solid, sticky buds, Nice earthly aroma and very good all around smoke weather just hanging out, working, socializing real nice!

third is jock horror
This shit could have been my second favorite but don't beat MK.
Real nice yielder great socializing smoke and great buzz for interacting and socializing

For me aurora indica was a bit of a let down but is pretty decent smoke would I buy it again probably not but the remaining beans I have of it I am gonna use it for breeding
purposes. The one thing I can say about aurora is that she does not like defoliation at all!!! One of the only strains I have experimented with that does not take well to it.
Hey keep smiling kiddo like I said better day's ahead!!!
peace

BuDGooDE

BuDGooDE

I have tried this method first I left them in the dark for 24 hrs, then next grow 48 hrs and this is the difference I saw, NOT A THING!!! What I do to increase resin production is from week 5 of 12/12 I start to drastically drop the RH and using this method, I def seen a difference!
This is why i love browsing through old posts :-) Im in week 5 flower now and have been thinking about a dehumidifier. RH in my tent varies. What RH do you maintain ? Thanks by the way glad i bumped into you lol :-)

Bannacis

Bannacis

Been on that site too it's great and really easy read. Thank you all again, I am learning a lot by taking in information from you all and trying various things with the plants. Hey, hands on learning is the best kind. Sadly this morning I discovered that my white widow which was stunted anyway had been completely devoured by one of my cats so that sucked but moving on...salvaged the OG Kush, you'll see how it's coming from the following pics. Plus, germinated a bunch of new ones since I lost a few.

Question, when you have a female u pollinated plant (sensimilla?), do you get seeds in your bud? If it's "without seeds" it should mean just that right? So no seeds in your smoke? Just wondering as I have never smoked anything above average quality and the last few times my bud had seeds in it. View attachment 476767You see where the cat was eating the leaves?...

View attachment 476768 Shame cause looks like this plant was on her way to something decent ....

You need to keep the cat away, obviously... They also can bring in pest from outside. also when your plants start budding you will find cat hairs sticking on em.

Latest posts

Top Bottom