1st Grow Cfl 10 Days

• Thread starter Jg1021
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I'm currently growing 3 plants under 8 40w 6500k CFL light's using Ocean forest on a 18/6 light schedule. I'm needing to know if my plants are healthy. Attached are pics please let me know if I'm doing something wrong.
Look healthy as hell. Prob have decent light for veg but should think about adding more light for flower. But your doing great

J

Jg1021

Nooooo.... one of my plants grew into my light and burned a leaf. Am I still good?

muskbud

muskbud

Yes...you are good, but the affected leaf blades are dead....raise lights

Theassbandit

Theassbandit

This Will work for veg, watt=weight. A bigger plant will need a whole lot of light. I did I this and by the time I finishe I had not money in cfl s than a hid would cost. Now I'm 600 flower,400veg.

But your a doing great soo far. Prepare tho

Theassbandit

Theassbandit

Do I leave them on the plant. It's just one leaf that grew into the light overnight.

Depents, if the leaf has enough green to assist her in her bountiful quest for more photosynthesis? But plant the size of the pics provided I do don't alter. With Exception of fimming my clones

Theassbandit

Theassbandit

I've like, kept them alive until I saved up for a hid using cfl. But growth for my plant was slow, of present at all.
If u can grow with it, then you are finer tuned than myself.

Theassbandit

Theassbandit

I would agree. When I used cfl the watts they say and actual watts are typically 27%. Calculate actual watt, those "40 watt" probably com in around 16 actual watts. I had 570 cf l watts that totaled 172 actual watts and growth was soooo slow.

Keep in mind I was already flowering my big ones and just trying to sustain veg room until I got a second HID balast.

As growers we are master of creativity... It will do, just jack a few more bulbs. Its what must be done, until next grow.

Top Bottom