Any suggestions?

• advice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • organic ONLY

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
Mrs.OgPanic

Mrs.OgPanic

Hi guys it's Mrs.OgPanic and I am starting my 1st grow log, so here it goes! Built up some soil last night: 1bail peet moss, 30lb bag of earthworm castings, 15liters of Alaskan organic Humis, a hefty bag of rice hulls, Coots Style nutrient kit from (build a soil), and 12oz of whole flax seeds. In a week or so we will add perlite. Popped my 1st seeds last night 9/8-here we go! I popped Mountain Temple x Blood Orange and Bubblegum x Black Domina

1st grow ever
1st grow ever 2
organicpanic

organicpanic

My vote is organic. If you would like to try out a salt based nutrient regimen I can accommodate you with that. I do promote organic but I have had some stellar flowers that tasted great and burned clean grown with salts. And good luck on your first! I'll be around if you have any questions.

Mrs.OgPanic

Mrs.OgPanic

My vote is organic. If you would like to try out a salt based nutrient regimen I can accommodate you with that. I do promote organic but I have had some stellar flowers that tasted great and burned clean grown with salts. And good luck on your first! I'll be around if you have any questions.
Lol, you obviously know I have no idea what you're talking about so I will have to do some research and get back to you on this one!

derkaderk

derkaderk

You've already started organic, so I would just continue on that route. Google soil amendments for cannabis, or something like that.

Here is what I use
Neem seed meal
Kelp meal
Bone meal
Blood meal
Crushed egg shells
High phosphorus bat guano
Vega all purpose fertilizer (2-2-2)(Dr. Earth)

I think of synthetic fertilizers(salts)like force feeding. Basically shoving a tube down the plants throat.

I think of organic soil amendments like setting up a buffet for your plants. This allows the roots to decide what they want and how much to take.

There is a whole sub world (beneficial fungi and bacteria)in the soil. Those microbes must break down the organic amendments into a form the plants can absorb.

Synthetics are available to the plant immediately, but are less forgiving if you over do it.

I grew hydro with salts for years with good results. But now that I'm organic I have better results with less stress.

derkaderk

derkaderk

@drewski85 I just didn't include it with my amendments because @Mrs.OgPanic had already mentioned using it.

But you are correct.

organicpanic

organicpanic

Yeah we used the bagged shit. I've found a local garage vermicomposter just haven't had the time to visit yet. Our current soil blend is kicking out some big ol frosty chunks. This next batch I think will be our keeper blend though. And a worm bin or two are in our future. As well as a couple hot compost piles and growing out specific plants for FPE's.

drewski85

drewski85

@drewski85 I just didn't include it with my amendments because @Mrs.OgPanic had already mentioned using it.

But you are correct.
I've never tried neem seed meal.what does it provide? I use Dr earth also. His black bag(guano mix) makes sum kick ass tea with sum unsulphured molasses

organicpanic

organicpanic

And I do agree ewc and a live compost are the driving force in a healthy live soil

derkaderk

derkaderk

I'm no expert on neem, but many growers claim it helps deter pests, while also providing a decent NPK rating as it is broken down. Some also claim it helps balance uptake of trace elements.

drewski85

drewski85

I know it deters pest. Will have 2 look into it.thanks for the info @derkaderk . Good luck on your 1st grow @Mrs.OgPanic panic. hoping the bgum x flo/b.d does well for you

chuckchill

chuckchill

i. was gifted some bubble gum x black dominas. lovelly strain.
Hi guys it's Mrs.OgPanic and I am starting my 1st grow log, so here it goes! Built up some soil last night: 1bail peet moss, 30lb bag of earthworm castings, 15liters of Alaskan organic Humis, a hefty bag of rice hulls, Coots Style nutrient kit from (build a soil), and 12oz of whole flax seeds. In a week or so we will add perlite. Popped my 1st seeds last night 9/8-here we go! I popped Mountain Temple x Blood Orange and Bubblegum x Black Domina

chuckchill

chuckchill

Yeah. try + stay as organic as possible. i do! BUT?i use sertain advanced nutrients that arnt organic. its a good weigh of ,after a good flush.
peace + best of luck. i say get to know benneficialls! they do solve a LOT OF P.H PROBLEMS ETC. amazing for organics.
Lol, you obviously know I have no idea what you're talking about so I will have to do some research and get back to you on this one!

chuckchill

chuckchill

Hey drew:-) ive been gone for a bit! SPACE:-) how did u like the chocorain ,early queen etc:-). nice right. peace bro.
I know it deters pest. Will have 2 look into it.thanks for the info @derkaderk . Good luck on your 1st grow @Mrs.OgPanic panic. hoping the bgum x flo/b.d does well for you

chuckchill

chuckchill

I'm glad 2 hear they did well for u space.just say the word and u got more
THA WORD BRO:-)HAHA. U SAID ,SAY THE ,WORD,,LOL... MAN,THANK U AGAIN. U SURE SHARE THE LOVE.THIS ,LADY,? SOUNDS WELL LIKE SHES UP FOR LEARNING N STUFF EH:-). GOOD LUCK LADY OG LPANIK:-). NICE NAME.LOL. STAY CHILLED AROUND UR PLANTS THO,:-) CUS I REALLY THINK THEY PIK JUP KON IT.HONEST:-)
PEACE.C.C

chuckchill

chuckchill

Its actu
ally ,PRETTY DIFFICULT TO STAY 100%, ORGANIC 2! , YOULL NEED ENZYMES! + CAL MAG+ WELL THEY NOT ORGANIC I.DONT THINK?. just go AS ORGANIC AS U POSS CAN?. I AM! BUT? IM NOT GONNA STOP USING BIG BUG ETC FROM A/N.THERES TO MUCH LOSS IF I DONT USE THEM if u use benneficials + enzymes etc,humic/fulvic acids,etc. give it a 21.day flush!. + u cant even tell. goodluck again anyway. i can answer stuff for u! NO EXPERT BUT?:-) I GOTS MRE SOME SKILLZ GOIN ON:-) ,INDOORS THO:-)HAHA.
PEACE.+ GREAT LUCK.

chuckchill

chuckchill

p.S sorry bout font size changing. the phones fkin breaking now:(lol.

Mrs.OgPanic

Mrs.OgPanic

The hubbys got the organic on lock over here! We haven't needed any nutes, I can't smoke chemicals. Doesn't do my brain well... My seedlings are off to a good start all though, I think I am having Ph issues. So far, I hve only tossed 3, one was super morphed. I was also gifted the BugglegumXBlackDomina and they are doing the best thus far! We do use beneficial's as well, my hubby the OrganicPanic is all about organics and I am slowly learning. Def. Alot to take in on top of school. But, its going well so far, gotta figure out the deficiencies, which I think is the Ph. I will work thru it =)
IMG 20140928 075110
IMG 20140928 075110
IMG 20140928 075110
IMG 20140928 075110

Latest posts

Top Bottom