1st Grow Journal 3 Mammoth Girls Rdwc Scrog 1k Co2

• Thread starter Mrstylez
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Canalchemist

Canalchemist

Aha, I'm going to have to read up on that stuff. I usually don't like to quit on one but I didn't wanna risk it getting the others infected. Glad to be learning all these lessons right now tho so if I ever do set up something bigger I will have plenty of experience.

Thanks again for all your input man!

Like TJ said do a good bleach job afterwards, then all your equipment should be thoroughly sanitized as well. I keep a spray bottle of 50/50 Isopropyl and RO water around, it will dehydrate any eggs left behind by pests, be aware the vapours are toxic and flammable.

Keep on Rocking in the Free World

Mrstylez

Mrstylez

Like TJ said do a good bleach job afterwards, then all your equipment should be thoroughly sanitized as well. I keep a spray bottle of 50/50 Isopropyl and RO water around, it will dehydrate any eggs left behind by pests, be aware the vapours are toxic and flammable.

Keep on Rocking in the Free World
Thanks for the advice brother. Isopropyl as in alcohol? Sorry if that's a stupid question haha

Mrstylez

Mrstylez

Looking good, as far as the pests go, I like the Lady bugs for spider mites, Thank God I have never had root aphids. All the cheap digital timers I bought when I started out had battery back up that in my case lasted a ridiculously long time, I know there are a few I have that I marked veg and Bloom, all I need to do is plug them in charge them up (if needed) adjust for daylight savings and PnP.
You can get a digital version of the timer TattooJim posted, they are a bit pricey for the hobbyist but if you are going to be running larger loads it is a safe bet, personally I would never put my HID's on anything less than that to mitigate any hazards associated with high current loads, fires, meltdowns etc...

I hear you bro, I have seen some melting action here and there on those timers and the cheap power Strips and being that I do electrical work for a living you would think I'd know better but I just get in such a damn hurry to get things churning that I do shit like that. I got quite a few upgrades written on my dry erase board that I am definitely going to do before my next run. Thanks for the advice man. -mrstyleZ

Mrstylez

Mrstylez

Hey just wondering as to what nutrients you guys are running for the most part. I love the flora nova series myself but am always looking for input. Peace

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

I never really had a preference, I have Flora Nova ready to go once the AN runs out. I also gave into a Hydro store sales guy a few years back because he was trying to unload 8 liters of nutes, no name brand, I am scared to use it on anything other than my lawn.

Flora Nova is fine I am sure. I like to make sure there is enough of what I want in the Nutes, I want the most complete list of ingredient's I can find in one bottle.

I was on the Organic wagon for a while but didn't really notice to much of a difference indoors, outdoors organic worked much better for me.

All in all a good flush takes care of everything for me, I believe I will never live long enough to suffer any ill effects.

There are ways to boost or optimize for flowering or vegging or flowering, I just read what I could, and found what works for me. Middle of the road nutes, not to expensive, not to cheap, best bang for my buck.

Arjan gifted me some of his Powder Feeding from the Green house Seed co. it is a very complete Nutrient, but it has to be what your willing to pay and what's available, I was lucky enough to get it as there was none available near me.

THCdurk

THCdurk

Yessir my dude just tryin to help wit the little knowledge I know so fat lol I use the dyna grow now and it's not bad but alot of people have said you can get salt build up from it so just flush when needed if needed bro. Much respect.

Mrstylez

Mrstylez

Ok fellas, another question. What temperature should I be shooting for in my res? I thought it was 58° but after reading a bunch of different threads I found that people's answers were all over the place. I think everyone agrees that it should never go above 80 but other than that everyone has a different answer. Now I am thinking 58 is too cold. Please you guys that grow dwc let me know. Peace

Mrstylez

Mrstylez

Ok here's some updated pics of the progress.Mammoth girls are budding up pretty nice. The bubblicious started to show preflowers. Had to change them to a different res, the aquarium sprung a leak when I accidentally dropped a frozen water bottle in too fast
20151024 231427
20151025 001218
20151024 231503
20151025 001043
20151025 001210
20151021 232532
.I found a couple of little bugs on my sticky traps that I could use some help identifying. .

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Root aphid flyer, get some nematodes or some og biowar
On second thought, that might be a fungus gnat, I thought it had tailpipes at first but that now looks like its legs. Do you have another pic?
If it is fungus gnats you can just top dress your soil with sand or diatomateous earth.

Mrstylez

Mrstylez

Root aphid flyer, get some nematodes or some og biowar

Damn I knew it! I thought I was rid of the little bastards but they're back. I'm running the biowar I just haven't had the funds to get all the stuff to make the proper tea. Is it stronger as a tea? Also should I spray the whole inside of my box. Man I never knew the trouble bugs could cause I have a lot to learn no doubt

Mrstylez

Mrstylez

20151021 232144

Here's another pic. To me they look like some tailpipes. Does that mean aphids? I saw some flyers on some fly paper I had hanging but that was last time. I don't see wings on these tho

Mrstylez

Mrstylez

I guess one good thing I figured out is how to get those up close pics by just putting my jeweler's loop to the camera on my phone. Works like a champ. Haha

Top Bottom